Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Like Tree294Likes
  1.    #221  
    I have had to re-enter credentials for two google accounts today. I can't remember if it was on the same device or not. It does seem like strange things are happening with the periodic sync, but contact changes have been syncing, in both directions, when forcing a sync manually.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 06/19/2014 at 12:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I have had to re-enter credentials for two google accounts today. I can't remember if it was on the same device or not. It does seem like strange things are happening with the periodic sync, but contact changes have been syncing, in both directions, when forcing a sync manually.
    In my pre I am synchronizing contacts and incoming mail. What ever sync with the envoys.

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2
    John, your error looks very similar to mine, even down to the locations within the .jsjsjs $file$ $being$ $identical$. $In$ $my$ $case$ $the$ $error$ $occurred$ $even$ $after$ $a$ $Doctor$, $login$ $with$ $an$ $alternative$ $WebOS$ $account$, $and$ $using$ $an$ $alternative$ $Google$ $account$. $Thus$ $I$'$m$ $reasonably$ $confident$ $that$ $the$ $issue$ $is$ $not$ $directly$ $with$ $the$ $WebOS$ $device$, $per$ $se$. $Which$ $WebOS$ $device$ $are$ $you$ $using$, $BTW$?

George, your error looks a bit different to mine, but it could be related. Do you have a variety of other patches installed which could be influencing the Google login?

Both: where are you? I wonder if there is something about different Google servers in different places around the world? I'm located in Australia.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamionMilliken View Post
    John, your error looks very similar to mine, even down to the locations within the .jsjsjs $file$ $being$ $identical$. $In$ $my$ $case$ $the$ $error$ $occurred$ $even$ $after$ $a$ $Doctor$, $login$ $with$ $an$ $alternative$ $WebOS$ $account$, $and$ $using$ $an$ $alternative$ $Google$ $account$. $Thus$ $I$'$m$ $reasonably$ $confident$ $that$ $the$ $issue$ $is$ $not$ $directly$ $with$ $the$ $WebOS$ $device$, $per$ $se$. $Which$ $WebOS$ $device$ $are$ $you$ $using$, $BTW$?

George, your error looks a bit different to mine, but it could be related. Do you have a variety of other patches installed which could be influencing the Google login?

Both: where are you? I wonder if there is something about different Google servers in different places around the world? I'm located in Australia.
    Funny I see this on my Pre2 at webOS 2.2.4, Touchpad Go at webOS 3.0.5 (Supered from Touchpad AT&T build), but I do not see this issue on my Touchpad with webOS 3.0.5 all three devices share the same Palm Profile and the same Google account.

My PrePlus at webOS 2.1.0 does not see this issue although it is on a different palm profile and I am not seeing any errors when syncing to the same Google account as my Pre2/TGo/Touchpad.

All devices are configured with the same exact Google account for contacts/calendar/etc...

I am in the USA area, it also could be some setting changed via Google+, I do use my Google account on Android as well as webOS, but I have not added/removed a contact.
    Last edited by John Steffes; 06/20/2014 at 06:29 AM.
    I have the Google Sync behaviors patch on my TouchPad, but not my Veer. I don't think it's related, but I'll try removing it and see if it makes a difference.

I'm located near Chicago.
    Removing the Google Sync behaviors patch didn't help.

Trying to login with a bad password gives a different error - invalid login credentials, or something.
    I have the login problem on my TP Go, running 3.0.5 from the AT&T-based Doctor (not the Super-Meta-Doctor), but not on my regular TP 4G or my Pre 3. All three devices have the patch installed. I don't use GMail much but there's a message from 508AM this morning, and a few from earlier in the week, and no request to log in again from either device.

Also - I get the notification that I need to check my login and password on the TP Go, but I don't get the exclamation point in the Accounts listing. Maybe only one of the services is broken, and the rest are syncing properly?
    Last edited by krotech; 06/19/2014 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Corrected device listing
    I have to look into this further. I did a short test of adding a contact to see if it would upload. It does not. Calendar and email work, but contacts do not work either way. I don't get an error. It says google syncing, but contacts do nothing.

I will have time tomorrow to look into lumberjack and try and figure this out. It did work a month ago because I see contacts i added then in the database.
  9.    #229  
    Did you try doing a manual sync in contact settings? I am able to sync that way, but it's not clear to me whether the periodic sync is working or not.
    well.. my turn....

my Touchpad gave me the gmail account needing to be logged in last night... and I tried everything...

I did all the patches I could find, and nothing. Deleted the account to reinstall it.. and I can't.

On my Pre3, it's still looks like it's still connected (not getting the need to log in message) BUT entered an item in my calendar, one on my phone, one of the calendar via browser online. Hitting the Synch now button.. and nothing.

So &*(^#*&^%$#$%^#$ damn it... did we loose google functionality?

Guess I'll have to try Yahoo calendar again and see if it's working now.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    I was able to create a second Google account and login to that on my TouchPad and Veer. But any contact I create on-device associated to that new account does not sync to Google.

It seems like something weird is going on with the Google Contacts API - something seems to have changed, and we don't know what.

In reading through some other threads here, it seems like this has happened before, and then magically fixed itself. I hate to leave it to fate, but I'm not sure what else to look at.
    It looks like my geographic theory is dead ;-).

Now for my next theory: how does everyone enter their GMail account info? I use: UserName@GMail.com (i.e., the full address with the @ symbol and also Capitalised).

George: the symptoms you're experiencing sound the same as mine, even if the errors in your logs are a bit different. Do your calendar and email sync OK?

John: it's particularly confusing that you see it on some devices but not others, and some accounts but not others. Are you willing to try the "working" account (on the PrePlus) on one of the "non-working" devices, or vice-versa?

krotech: can you confirm which "problem" you're referring to? The "problem" that started this Thread ("unknown error") or the problem that's slightly hijacked this thread ("Unexpected token ILLEGAL")?

petbull: your issue sounds identical to mine. It will be interesting to see your logs.

Grabber5.0: just for confirmation, whether I try a manual contact sync or not does not change anything. In either case, the same "Unexpected token ILLEGAL" error shows up in the log when the contacts are sync'd.

imfallen_angel: just to confirm, but have you installed the patch in the 1st post of this thread?
    i am on the same boat. Unknown error when trying to sync google contacts.. No error with calendar. I have the patch installed.. As mentiomed, it has happened before and magically it started working again but now the magic Is taking longer than normal
    For me the magic works again.
    - still loving webOS -
    krotech: can you confirm which "problem" you're referring to? The "problem" that started this Thread ("unknown error") or the problem that's slightly hijacked this thread ("Unexpected token ILLEGAL")?
    When I try to log in, I get the "Unknown Error" message with the correct password, but the "Check your credentials" message with a wrong password. Since everything was working up until Wednesday, when these new errors showed up for other people, I was thinking it's the latter problem, unless the "Unexpected token ILLEGAL" message is showing up other people at login. I thought that was the message you found in the logs.

I don't know what to point Lumberjack to in order to grab the appropriate logs. The Synergy services don't seem to show up in the selection menu, unless I'm looking at the wrong thing.
  16.    #236  
    Unfortunately, some messages appear under 'google' and some appear under 'accounts' so the only filter that gets them both is 'Everything' - I don't think 'All applications' captures services, but I could be wrong. The 'everything' filter captures a TON of stuff, so it can be hard to pick out what's relevant.
    I tried to log in again, first with the correct password, then a bad one, and then the correct one again, on my TP Go. I grabbed everything with Lumberjack, and I can see some references to com.palm.app.accounts and a Google mention or two, but I have no idea what I'm looking at. If anyone wants the logfile for comparison, you can have it.
  18.    #238  
    Email it to me at my screen name @gmail.com
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Please keep us updated on the progress of a solution.

Started with check your login messages on both my touchpad and pre3 2 cays ago.
    The sync patch is installed on both devices since doctor last time about 6month ago.
    Both worked perfectly before!!
    Simens S3 -> Simens S10 -> Palm V & Simens S35i -> SE T610 & Palm T2 -> SE S700 & Palm T3 ->SE W810i -> Palm Pre- running WebOS 2.1!! @500Mhz -> Palm Pre 2. The Pre 2 rocks. -> Pre 3, Nice & Touchpad=> Future Pre 4 wanted.
    I think a good test at this point is for a group of people to create a test contact, sync and then view your google contacts via a pc to see if it is indeed uploading. I really don't get any notification of errors, but it in fact is not uploading the info. This is on a Veer running 2.1.2