webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > originally working Patches now conflicting?
originally working Patches now conflicting?

Old 02/13/2014, 02:29 AM   #1 (permalink)

Hello all,

I'm quite puzzled. I was following up on a conflicting patch issue ("Battery as Percent Icon" vs. "Advanced Framework Patch") on my Pre3. I thought they do work together but it seems they really do conflict (bar-assistant.js.rej)!

In process of finding this out I removed all installed patches. Now upon reinstalling all of them I get a huge list of errors upon reinstalling "Ubercalender":

So it seems that not all patch information is removed upon deinstalling a patch or I don't know what.

Is there a definitive way to remove all patch information without right out doctoring the phone?

Or is this a know issue with a work around?

After my last 'doctoring' it was no problem at all to install Ubercalender an all of the other patches I use.

Thank you very much for your ideas or help.

I would love not to go through this app catalog update pain again after I just managed to get it work 2 weeks ago!

Best Jörg

PS My list of normally installed patches:

My list:

- All Advanced Patches except Adv. Device Menu and Advanced Power Menu
- Buttah
- Delete Email from Dashb.
- Hold Tap Context (Browser + Email)
- Improved Photo Nmaing
- Max Blocker
- New Card Button
- No Auto Refresh after Idle
- Remove Tap Ripple
- Secure Univ. Search
- Übercalender
GoJoe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/13/2014, 09:33 AM   #2 (permalink)

Try emergency patch recovery.

Emergency Patch Recovery (EPR)
ericlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/13/2014, 05:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks. Didn't know about that. And though it helped with some errors it now gives me that:

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.postinst 2>&1
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|diff --git a/usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/38/concatenated.js b/usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/38/concatenated.js
|index 274a2ba..78b4180 100755
|--- a/usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/38/concatenated.js
|+++ b/usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/38/concatenated.js
--------------------------
File to patch:
Skip this patch? [y]
3 out of 3 hunks ignored

Best Jörg
Old 02/14/2014, 04:16 AM   #4 (permalink)

look in the /usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/38/ folder for the file named concatenated.js.webosinternals.orig

Use Internalz Pro with master mode on. Hold on the file, choose info. Then change the name of the file to concatenated.js Just backspace the ".webosinternals.orig" portion off the name. It should ask you if you want to over write the file choose yes. Restart Luna, then try to reinstall again.
frantid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/14/2014, 08:39 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thank you very much for your reply. Unfortunately, there is no such file. in /usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/38/ is only "manifest.json" located. A file names concatenated.js is located only at /calendar.dta/submission/17 and /calendar.io/submission/22.1

Thank you for any suggestions.

Best Jörg
Old 02/14/2014, 05:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

Now it got a bit spooky. Because of the described situation, I decided to doctor my Pre3 once again and install everything in the right succession.

What happend:
The webosdoctor got stuck at 12%.

Having read about half of the relevant posts (mostly on Touchpads) without understanding much of it at first glance I was beginning to let my hops sink.
But then I used the steps for recovery mode and got it back up and running, with a few buts.
Though no patches are displayed some must be still installed and ubercalender is spitting out again all the errors from before

saving rejects to ...bla... app-assistant.js.rej
day-assistant.js.rej
month-assistant.js.rej

and so on

So it seems it is not everything clean and tidy. But before I start again the webosdoctor I wanted to check back with you if there is a way to assure that it will not get stuck again at 12%.

I doctored this Pre3 already three times with success. The only difference is that I ran the Emergency Patch Recovery (EPR) mention early in this thread.

I would truly appreciate any hints or advice.

Best Jörg
Old 02/15/2014, 06:29 AM   #7 (permalink)

I don't know what happened, the doctor should have settled everything. Which doctor version did you use? I am afraid I don't have much experience with doctoring. Perhaps someone else can help.
Old 02/15/2014, 06:38 AM   #8 (permalink)

I have been told once that sometimes have to run per a few times.

Also I sometimes I get stuck at 12% I just keep trying and it goes eventually, never attempted any of the fixes
laingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/15/2014, 01:57 PM   #9 (permalink)

I'm using: webosdoctorp224mantawr.jnlp

Thx for the replies. I will try tonight once more
Old 02/15/2014, 05:08 PM   #10 (permalink)

Hm, well I ran the doctor once more and this is what came out:

1. It got stuck again; at 42%
2. So I did the recovery thing again - but this time it turned out to be all set back incl. choosing language etc.
3. One difference: I got the green background, though it used to have the blue background after doctoring / resetting.
4. I fired up Preware and the App Cat. Update - everything went smooth
5. Now things went a little south. First I installed Ubercalender and then "Battery Percent as Icon" which made trouble the last time.
6. It turned out I could not install the Advanced Framework Patch nor the Advanced Calender Prefs Patch. So I do not have any progress there

Does anyone know what the basic functionalities are which the Adv. Calender Prefs Patch adds? Is it normal that both Adv. Patches disappear from the list of avaible patches?

Well thx again for your input.

I guess I have to live with it now, though I'm pretty darn sure I had all of these patches working together sometime last year.

Best Jörg
Old 02/16/2014, 06:11 AM   #11 (permalink)

You don't need the advanced calendar preferences. All the features of that patch are built into Ubercalendar.
Old 02/16/2014, 02:11 PM   #12 (permalink)

oh, ok. Didn't realize that. My bad
Old 02/17/2014, 03:04 AM   #13 (permalink)

One question / observation left:

the built in Youtube app is gone (the one with the black tv and red arrow). There is now an empty spot with the writing "Youtube" underneath it?!

when I click on it, it opens the browser and brings up youtube.com like on the Toucpad!?
Old 02/17/2014, 09:31 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJoe2 View Post
One question / observation left:

the built in Youtube app is gone (the one with the black tv and red arrow). There is now an empty spot with the writing "Youtube" underneath it?!

when I click on it, it opens the browser and brings up youtube.com like on the Toucpad!?
There is no youtube app as of webOS 2.2.4. There should still be an icon though, as there is an app shell that directs you to youtube.com.

http://www.fordmaverick.com/uploads/...-02_103913.png
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Last edited by Grabber5.0; 02/17/2014 at 10:50 AM.
Grabber5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02/18/2014, 04:30 AM   #15 (permalink)

Thank you for your reply.

You might be right - I'm frightend that my memory seems to fade.

I hope that my memory is not mistaken. But everyhing you say makes sense ...

So thank you, and yes the Logo is gone - but I don't care that much.

Best