Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    It seems Amazon changed their authentication method. The built in Amazon MP3 app no longer allows you to log in. Would it be possible to patch the app to authenticate? I'm happy to donate to the dev who provides the patch.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    ananimus likes this.
  2.    #2  
    I'd like to find the app log for Amazon MP3. I've enabled logging using the ##LOGS# method (I had it set to minimal before). I then went into the app and tried to buy a song which then opens the login prompt. I tried logging in and it failed (DUH). Now I don't know where the log is though... Anybody know?
    Follow me on Twitter
    /var/log/messages has all the logging normally.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  4.    #4  
    Yeah you were right Herrie. I did a tail /var/log/messages and saw the error. It looks like Amazon is blocking the application specifically. Could be just by name thought. Here's the error info.

2013-12-15T18:44:50.142718Z [42409] palm-webos user.crit ls-hubd: {ls-hubd.priva
    te}: ERROR: "com.palm.amazon" permissions does not allow inbound connections fro
    m "com.palm.app.amazonstore" (requester pid: 5970, requester exe: "/usr/bin/Luna
    SysMgr" requester cmdline: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr -s")

Can this be patched at all? Emulate a different app name?
    Follow me on Twitter
    That error is not from the server, it's local to the phone, and it kind of looks familiar. Like when an app tried to call a service it does not have access to, in the Palm namespace. I have not tried to buy a song in a while.. Will have to try.
    Alan Morford likes this.
  6.    #6  
    Hmm that's an interesting error then. I can confirm this is broken on my Pixi+ running 2.1.0 and my Pre3 running 2.2.4.
    Follow me on Twitter
    I can confirm it isn't working.. What I'm getting is a "login timed out, please try again later" error when I try to log in. Of course, that could be a misleading message. I'm going to copy the log to my laptop and see if I can find more.
  8.    #8  
    That's the same error I get in the app. At least I'm not craaaaaaazy.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  9.    #9  
    I just tried this on my Pre with 1.4.5. Login timed out. Try again later.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Yeah getting the same on all of my devices too. I was hoping I'd get an error signing in to Amazon cloud player on my iphone too, but did not. Hopefully it is somethiong they are willing to spend time fixing.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  11.    #11  
    Something tells me "no longer supported" will be the company line...
    Follow me on Twitter
  12.    #12  
    I think disallowing logins was the solution to the two other problems Amazon kept seeing from webOS users. PSA: Relationship between Amazon MP3 and webOS goes dysfunctional | webOS Nation Might be wasting our time here...
    Follow me on Twitter
    very sad...
    I remember that, but they did fix it that time, so hopefully we can get them to fix this one.
    FWIW, have all the same errors and logs on my Pre 3 too. Noticed a while ago but immediately resigned.

Then again, if it turns out to be something stupid easy to fix, maybe they will? No sense in closing a revenue stream on their part.
  16.    #16  
    I sent Amazon an email. I suggest going here https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...bosnation0e-20 and doing the same thing. Squeaky wheel gets the grease.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Yup, done. We shall see...
    Update: Well, oops!

"I am sorry to know the trouble you had purchasing music. [...] I know that you are already very upset and asking you to contact us via phone will make you more frustrated. [...] As a goodwill gesture, I've manually applied a $5.97 credit to your account."

Ha! Really, I'm not all that bothered. Yet. But hey, thanks anyway, Satish!

Guess they'd rather manage it by phone.
  19.    #19  
    Looks to me like they'd rather manage it by throwing money at it. I havent gotten a reply to my email yet.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Nah, the rest of the message is sort of claiming they'll have to look at my account. So for security reasons they would like me to initiate a live call. (This was the response after choosing the option for having an issue with an Amazon MP3 Store Purchase, or something.)

Busy busy with some holiday shopping at the moment, so I'll hafta do this later. (They stopped making my Mom's 80's perfume for moms, so now she asked all of us boys to find her a new one. Oy!)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast