Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #21  
    I got my reply. They also wanted me to call. I explained the situation 3 times. The guy asked me if I was on Android or iOS twice. He told me he understood that I wasn't using the Amazon MP3 app but was trying to pay for a song through some other method. I corrected him and walked him through it again and even included this forum of users were having the same issue. So long story short he created a ticket. He told me the technicians would come to a quick solution for me. I told him I hope it wouldn't be that webOS is not supported because that seems like it's always the easy answer. He didn't say much after that...
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    ananimus likes this.
    I still need to contact them. I'm still making sure to keep trying so they see plenty of tries in their log files.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Sadly I don't have this app on any of my devices... huh? Probably because they all are from Germany without a branding, i.e. have the WR doctor installed? Is there a way to get the IPK? Maybe one of the US doctors?

Anyway, it would be great if anybody of you could have a look in /usr/share/ls2/roles/prv. There should be a file starting with com.palm.amazon. Could you post the content of this file here? That should be the file causing the issue, because somehow com.palm.app.amazonstore is not allowed... most of the services allow * => all apps. But some few services are restricted to certain apps. TBH I suspect a typo in that file, right now.

Or is this not a pre installed app? Then the file might also be in /var/palm/ls2/roles/prv. A similar file might also be in the folders you get to if you replace "prv" by "pub". I.e. one is the public bus the other one the private bus. I suspect that it is using the private bus, because the app id starts with com.palm. But I'm not 100% sure where that really is determined.

It might also be a problem in the service.json file of the service itself (either in /usr/palm/service or in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/service).

I'm pretty sure you can resolve this issue on device. Maybe there will be additional issues following. But this current issue should be easy to fix.
    You can get it from the US doctors. I think the permission error was a fluke - it's not happening on mine, and I suspect most of Alan's devices.
    I have been getting the "try again later " error for more than a month now thinking maybe because I was in Saudi Arabia.. but nope.. I get it here now as well.. even checked to make sure credit card was up to date on expiration... still I get the error.. Hope they respond to you guys.. I miss buying the songs!
  6.    #26  
    I kind of expected an email about my ticket with amazon. But I haven't gotten one. I hope this wasn't filed under...delete.
    Follow me on Twitter
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    You can get it from the US doctors. I think the permission error was a fluke - it's not happening on mine, and I suspect most of Alan's devices.
    I agree. It wouldn't make sense if all devices on all webOS versions weren't working if the problem was local each phone. The biggest likelihood is Amazon is blocking connections or the login API changed.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Agreed. Didn't return the call, but after seeing your conversation I replied by email. Explained this isn't an individual account issue and (with likely futility) pointed them to this thread.

Plz fix Amazon, thx!
    Response:

"I’ve checked the details and see that our technical team have identified the issue with webOS app. One of the reason was that HP dropped the WebOS platform support and due to which we were unable to provide an update.

Currently we don’t have information about when and if the issue will be resolved with the MP3 app as the issue is related to HP and webOS. Hope you understand the limitations from our side. I’m sorry for any disappointment this might cause.

However, I’ve forwarded your comments to our MP3 technical team so that they can look into the issue and find any alternate if possible.

Thanks for your patience and understanding in this case. "

They could always take the App and publish a new one in HP's app store...

Or if they published the new API, the Amazon MP3 app can be patched to the new API...

Maybe if someone looked over the Android Amazon App (not sure if it is compiled), maybe we can get the API from there?
    PalmPixi_User23 likes this.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    Response:

"Iíve checked the details and see that our technical team have identified the issue with webOS app. One of the reason was that HP dropped the WebOS platform support and due to which we were unable to provide an update.

Currently we donít have information about when and if the issue will be resolved with the MP3 app as the issue is related to HP and webOS. Hope you understand the limitations from our side. Iím sorry for any disappointment this might cause.

However, Iíve forwarded your comments to our MP3 technical team so that they can look into the issue and find any alternate if possible.

Thanks for your patience and understanding in this case. "

I was worried about that. When I checked the Amazon MP3 apps' creator and saw Palm Inc...I expected a reply like this.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Follow me on Twitter
    Yep, Palm app. So can't really blame Amazon for the response. Hopefully they reach out to HP.

And can't discount that the app bills through Palm Profile ether as I recall, yeah? Couldn't this further complicate things?
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    They could always take the App and publish a new one in HP's app store...

Or if they published the new API, the Amazon MP3 app can be patched to the new API...

Maybe if someone looked over the Android Amazon App (not sure if it is compiled), maybe we can get the API from there?
    Very well said john steffes, totally agree the company amazon have the capability to release an app on the catalog(just the same way they did on the Draconian app store of Apple) for their MP3 player and Amazon Prime....but of course they play lazy and ignore situation. Its easier to create an app, than to create excuses through an email response.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
  14.    #34  
    It sounds petty but feel free to go on over to https://twitter.com/amazonmp3 and whine about it on Twitter like I just did. It strikes me that there isn't another way to make purchases and MP3 downloads work on webOS phones other than this app which is currently broken. It's a complete corner on the MP3 downloading market on webOS phones. OH, and if you're still downloading songs illegally, shame on you. Quit it.
    Follow me on Twitter
    I don't think any of my currently functional devices have the amazon app (i think my Pre3 did, but it's screen got smashed), but I could help you guys analyze the logs, if there's any useful info there
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    It does kind of suck. I liked it the rare times I had a song I just *needed* to hear. Was much easier to find and download straight to my Pre to jam out using the app.
    I haven't seen anything too interesting in the logs. I briefly looked at the code on my phone the other day and I think I found where the message is being logged. Was thinking of adding some additional debugging code to see if it showed anything helpful.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 12/19/2013 at 05:33 PM.
  18.    #38  
    Thanks for staying on this for us. I don't know how else to help. I could write up an article on it being broken for pivotCE but I don't know how much that would help the cause. How can we help?
    Follow me on Twitter
  19.    #39  
    Bump. Can we help somehow as a community? Personal music streaming/downloading really is missing on webOS.
    Follow me on Twitter
    I'll add my "Yes, please" to this. I just discovered the failure. It was working on the Pre3...briefly flirted with a Nokia Windows Phone, back to webOS with a panda Veer, no more MP3s. It's a shame. I really enjoyed using that feature and undoubtedly a fix would take little time for the revenue I would expect from, as previously stated, Amazon having the only app that people on webOS can use to buy MP3s. I wonder if anyone out there who doesn't have to log in because they already had their 1-click activated is still able to use the app?

Oh, and Alan, it certainly wouldn't hurt to note it in Pivot.
    Last edited by OrlandoAlex; 03/17/2014 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Pivot.
    My mobile biography: Nokia 5181i & 3589i -- Motorola v60i & A630 -- Palm Treo 650, Centro, Pre Plus, MyTouch 4G Slide, Pre 2, Pre 3, Nokia Lumia 521, Veer
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast