Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree94Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Oh man these keyboard shortcuts are awesome.
    I was wondering if its possible to have keyboard shortcuts implemented across the OS similar to how we have the webos scrollbar and global accelerometer patches
  2.    #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I was wondering if its possible to have keyboard shortcuts implemented across the OS similar to how we have the webos scrollbar and global accelerometer patches
    Lists make that very difficult because they don't have to load all of their content at once. It would be nice though, as scrolling long lists is very tedious on touch devices. This makes them lighter, but unfortunately it makes the scrolling a bit squirrely. You'll see when you use it in the PM view if you have lots of messages.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/19/2014 at 05:19 PM.
    Oh yeah, the first post is updated with the latest patch, so you can check it out yourself now.
    A probar de un ves

let's try. Thank you. that good you still working on the patch

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by joshua764; 01/20/2014 at 09:56 PM.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Hey I'm not sure if you mentioned this somewhere in here, Grabber, but any chance you'd put these up on Preware? Or do you have your own repo we could add to Preware?
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  5.    #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Hey I'm not sure if you mentioned this somewhere in here, Grabber, but any chance you'd put these up on Preware? Or do you have your own repo we could add to Preware?
    I would love to. I know the patch files can get tedious, but patches to apps can't be put in the patch portal (which is down anyway). I have been seeing that Preware Feed generator thread and it hadn't even occurred to me to try to use it for this. I may look into that, but honestly, I don't have much time to research it. I don't think patches aren't packaged up quite the same as apps are. I'd rather spend what little time I have to work on this stuff to working on fixes to the app. If there's a dummy's guide for packaging patches and adding them to a feed, point me to it.

I tell you what is a REAL pain: forgetting you have the patch installed on a device and then installing a new version of the app. Makes it difficult to remove the old patch from Preware. I have done it a couple of times, and can never remember how I successfully undid it the last time. I really need to make myself a note for the next time I do it. :P
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/21/2014 at 11:07 AM.
    Maybe it would help to get a look at Preware feeds' setup Index of / I guess this is reverse engineering .
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  7.    #167  
    Someday, maybe, but not today.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/21/2014 at 03:29 PM.
  8.    #168  
    I found another big one today (well, one that had been bugging me): the subscribed topic view would only ever receive the 20 most recent topics from the forum, but it was coded to show more, so it kept repeating them. I can't be the only one that noticed this. Now it is correctly showing ALL subscribed topics, loading about 30 initially, then loading smaller chunks as you scroll up and down and start approaching the top or bottom of the list. I didn't set out to fix this, but I was looking at something else, and that led to this.. I'm not even sure whether or not I did the original thing I was looking at.
  9.    #169  
    I have added display of users that liked or thanked a post, and I think I like how it works. I may add a little padding around the display so it has a larger tap target, but it doesn't seem too difficult. Just tap where it says Likes or Thanks, and it will pop up a list of users that liked or thanked the post. Just tap anywhere or use a back gesture to close the popup.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/23/2014 at 10:53 PM.
    I have added display of users that liked or thanked a post, and I think I like how it works. I may add a little padding around the display so it has a larger tap target, but it doesn't seem to difficult. Just tap where it says Likes or Thanks, and it will pop up a list of users that liked or thanked the post. Just tap anywhere or user a back gesture to close the popup.
    Cool. Thanks
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  11.    #171  
    First post updated with patch version 1.3.4. See change log for details. Enjoy!

Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/23/2014 at 10:42 PM.
    joshua764 and CptOx like this.
    Besides improvements I feel 1.3.4 significantly more fluid than ever. Thank you very much!

Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Espaņol_Espaņa, es_es)
  13.    #173  
    Thanks for the feedback! That may be because I disabled some of the extra logging I had added (the catalog version still has less overall logging) unless you turn on the debug switch under preferences. If you turn detailed logging on, you'll notice the slowdown in some places quite easily. Overall it shouldn't really be any faster than the catalog version, aside from not loading the metrix files since that service has been shut down, so it may start up a fraction of a second faster.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    ... install AUSMT scripts, then you can install this patch.
    Hey Grabber, great work! Thank you very much.

I recommend that you include this comment in the O.P.

Thanks again!
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
  15.    #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith View Post
    Hey Grabber, great work! Thank you very much.

I recommend that you include this comment in the O.P.

Thanks again!
    Thanks Keith! Good idea - I didn't realize I hadn't put it in there. It's gotten pretty long.
    Thanks Keith! Good idea - I didn't realize I hadn't put it in there. It's gotten pretty long.
    I agree. recommend that this work is set to O: P.
    this super

enviado desde mi pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by CptOx View Post
    Besides improvements I feel 1.3.4 significantly more fluid than ever. Thank you very much!
    Had the same impression on first use, really fluid scrolling in particular.

Also many thanks for putting the 'Add Forum' thing under 'My Forums'. Much appreciated.
  18.    #178  
    With regard to font size.. one request was to increase the default font size. I have yet to look into how to change font size on the fly based on a preferences setting, but did find the place where the font size is set for posts. Does anyone object to making the default font size [I]slightly[/I ]larger? Here is a comparison from the emulator before and after. Note I did not change the margins, it's just the way the text in the post is wrapping.

Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/25/2014 at 02:13 PM.
  19.    #179  
    And.. of course that attachment has to bork your Forums login.. I replaced it with a link to another site.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/25/2014 at 01:40 PM.
    And.. of course that attachment has to bork your Forums login.. I replaced it with a link to another site.
    I love the left. Best biggest

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast