Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree94Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    And a second bonus feature that came to me while looking at something else: if you log in to a forum and you have an avatar set, it will use that for the icon in your saved forum list, instead of the default forum icon or the generic icon for manually added forums.
    I wonder where you thought of that....
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  2.    #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    I wonder where you thought of that....
    It's a secret!
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/17/2014 at 08:30 AM.
  3.    #143  
    First post updated with full change log and new patch.
    First post updated with full change log and new patch.
    Changes contained in the patch?

Sorry. I've seen the changes

your excellent work with this application. the Updated 3 years. I could connect with my favorite forums. thank you very much!.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by joshua764; 01/17/2014 at 08:29 AM.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Two bugs which are most likely not FROM your patch but could be had by others using Forums as well:
    1. Picture attachments load as black X's for me. I have yet to see a picture actually load when clicking on it Embedded pictures work fine.

2. Download links don't do anything. I can tap it all day long and it'll highlight for a second and that's it. Your patch link in this thread is a good example.
    Last edited by Alan Morford; 01/17/2014 at 10:11 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter
  6.    #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
    Changes contained in the patch?

Sorry. I've seen the changes

your excellent work with this application. the Updated 3 years. I could connect with my favorite forums. thank you very much!.Click to view quoted image

You're welcome! How did you get XDA working? Can you post the url that worked in the app for others that are members there?
  7.    #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Two bugs which are most likely not FROM your patch but could be had by others using Forums as well:
    1. Picture attachments load as black X's for me. I have yet to see a picture actually load when clicking on it Embedded pictures work fine.

2. Download links don't do anything. I can tap it all day long and it'll highlight for a second and that's it. Your patch link in this thread is a good example.
    The picture thing is a problem with this forum (or should I say, the way this forum works on webOS..) On most forums I use, they work fine. It's the same reason you can't download patches (or other attachments) in the webOS browser.

Only certain attachment types are supported in the app. I have poked around in that code, and may be able to expand support to other mime types supported on webOS. I did this for PDF attachments already, but I can't remember whether I left it enabled or not.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/17/2014 at 10:45 AM.
    You're welcome! How did you get XDA working? Can you post the url that worked in the app for others that are members there?
    the link you use to connect to xda.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/
    O
    http://www.forum.xda-developers.com/

pd. I see that I only need to copy and paste so far to the patch. regards

Enviado desde mi Wildfire S usando Tapatalk 2
  9.    #149  
    the link you use to connect to xda.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/
    O
    http://www.forum.xda-developers.com/

pd. I see that I only need to copy and paste so far to the patch. regards

Enviado desde mi Wildfire S usando Tapatalk 2
    Thanks. Don't know why I couldn't get it to work the other day.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/17/2014 at 10:29 PM.
    Thanks. Don't know why I couldn't get it to work the other day.
    I've noticed that when I write in other forums have to do it twice. the first goes blank, and the second goes well!

11.    #151  
    I've noticed that when I write in other forums have to do it twice. the first goes blank, and the second goes well!

When you say write in other forums, are you talking about typing in the values to add a new forum, or writing a new post in a thread? Screen shots and detailed descriptions are very helpful to finding the problem.

Unfortunately lots of things could be causing that. It might require some additional logging to see enough to figure it out. Some of the issues I've seen on the app give no clue as to what happened. In my own experience, I often got no response or error when there was a network problem. What kind of connection are you on when this happens?
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/18/2014 at 01:22 PM.
    When you say write in other forums, are you talking about typing in the values to add a new forum, or writing a new post in a thread? Screen shots and detailed descriptions are very helpful to finding the problem.

Unfortunately lots of things could be causing that. It might require some additional logging to see enough to figure it out. Some of the issues I've seen on the app give no clue as to what happened. In my own experience, I often got no response or error when there was a network problem. What kind of connection are you on when this happens?
    I made use of data and wi-fi. Deputy catch as it comes in other Forum

does not allow me to upload screenshot

Atrix

Last edited by joshua764; 01/18/2014 at 10:50 PM.
  13.    #153  
    Interesting. Does this happen on more than one forum, or is it only happening on the one in the screen shot? If the forum is adding the post, the message must have made it to the server - that is very weird. If you can recreate this while running Lumberjack and then send me a log, that would be great. It doesn't log a whole lot, so I might have to add some more debug code before it is useful.
  14.    #154  
    I found a bug last night that was causing something extremely frustrating for me, and I'm curious if anyone else has ever experienced it.
    Have any of you ever had a forum that simply would NOT load after you logged in? Automotiveforums.com has been like that for some time for me. The app is calling the logout function before logging in to a forum, and there was an unhandled error occurring, so it never got to the login. I am finally able to use it again! That fix will be in the next patch release.
    Not sure, but I think I had this in the past with one of my forums. I couldn't use automatic login with that one (But I can't remember what the exact error or message was.) When I set the app to manual I was able to login. That setting applies to all forums though so it was quite frustrating to use. I know others using tapatalk with iOS or Android didn't have any problem with that specific forum at the time. I don't how or when, but at some point the issue did no longer occur.
  16.    #156  
    At first I didn't think that could be it, but now I think it could be it or at least related. I don't think it does the same thing when you log in after opening the forum. I will have to revert my phone to the previous patch and test that theory. You say that particular forum isn't doing that anymore though correct?
    Yep, the issue seems to have dissapeared by itself. Not sure when that was and what was changed though. I only noticed it when I installed the app on my then new Veer a year ago and didn't check / change settings first and was surprised that I didn't have to manually log in.

Here's what I wrote when I first noticed the issue.
  18.    #158  
    Oh man these keyboard shortcuts are awesome.
    Oh man these keyboard shortcuts are awesome.
    Haha if you do say so yourself!
    Follow me on Twitter
  20.    #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
    Not sure, but I think I had this in the past with one of my forums. I couldn't use automatic login with that one (But I can't remember what the exact error or message was.) When I set the app to manual I was able to login. That setting applies to all forums though so it was quite frustrating to use. I know others using tapatalk with iOS or Android didn't have any problem with that specific forum at the time. I don't how or when, but at some point the issue did no longer occur.
    I confirmed that with the un-patched app, I can only open automotiveforums.com if I turn off auto-login. It definitely appears to be the same bug.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/23/2014 at 07:20 PM.
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast