Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree94Likes
  1.    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    What if there was a 'keep connection alive' option? It would use more data but perhaps a small bouncing ping?
    I don't think that's it. I have had it re-occur immediately after opening a forum. It can be very frustrating if it won't let you reply even when you go right back to the thread after opening the app.
    Yeah you're probably right.

On another note: I backed up my forums app on my Pre3 which is using the palm profile I purchased it with. Rebuilt the ipk and transfered it to my Veer. Then you pushed out the 1.1.0 patch. On the Veer I opened Preware and uninstalled the old patch then used internalz to install the new one. It failed every time. I banged my head off the wall for a while until I realized I built the ipk from a patched version. Duh.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  3.    #123  
    Hehe it can get hard to keep track. I have to keep the catalog ipk around so when I need to test a patch I can re-install it and know it's what everybody else has. I was afraid of messing up the file encoding by rebuilding the ipk on windows.

I started building the patches on my Pre3 now, so I can also reinstall from the catalog if I want.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Yes, I've seen that bug many times, mostly with this forum. (Truthfully, I can only remember it happening with this forum, but I'm likely to have seen and forgotten about it happening elsewhere). I don't know what is happening or why, but it is either getting in a state where it thinks you are logged out, or just don't have permission to post. So far I have not found anything useful, but I'm still hopeful I'll find it. Anyone else that has seen this, please report it here if it was not the webosnation forums, as I already know it happens here.

Ironically, it happened the first time I tried to post this.
    I've only had this error on my Pre3. The Veer hasn't given me a problem at all with Forums. Weird.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Hehe it can get hard to keep track. I have to keep the catalog ipk around so when I need to test a patch I can re-install it and know it's what everybody else has. I was afraid of messing up the file encoding by rebuilding the ipk on windows.

I started building the patches on my Pre3 now, so I can also reinstall from the catalog if I want.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Interesting. I rebuild all ipks using Windows and Ipk Manager.
    Follow me on Twitter
  6.    #126  
    I've only had this error on my Pre3. The Veer hasn't given me a problem at all with Forums. Weird.
    You just jinxed yourself. I think you will see if eventually if you use it though.

Has it only been on this forum or others also?
  7.    #127  
    Interesting. I rebuild all ipks using Windows and Ipk Manager.
    Have you successfully patched an app from a repackaged ipk?
    Well the Pre3 works less often and the Veer hasn't borked once. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I'm on my Veer right now. :-)
    Follow me on Twitter
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Have you successfully patched an app from a repackaged ipk?
    Oh hmmmm. Here's what I did.

Installed forums on Pre3
    Patched to 1.0.1
    Backed up com...folder
    Rebuilt ipk
    Used wosqi to install on veer
    Uninstalled 1.0.1 patch on veer with preware
    Patched to 1.1.0 with internalz failed!
    Uninstalled patch on Pre3
    Copied com.forums..folder on Pre3 to Pre3 media/internal
    Zipped with Archive Mgr and emailed it to myself
    Unzipped on veer
    Copied com.forums folder over the one in media/cryptofs...
    Patched to 1.1.0 with internalz success!
    I'm no where near a computer so this was my only option.
    Last edited by Alan Morford; 01/15/2014 at 07:27 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter
  10.    #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
    That's what I figured when I read you wanted to get rid of the dysfunctional gallery, but decided to get the patch out.

It will be used way less than the forums already set up so it should definately be on the bottom imho.
    Brief update on this: after hiding the gallery sections, the + button doesn't seem to be too in the way. In the short term I think it will be better than nothing.

Edit: removed image attached using Tapatalk app that was causing problems for Forums app. Originally just attached the image by itself, then edited post to include the text from the previous post that Tapatalk wouldn't let me attach an image to without using a Tapatalk ID. (profuse notes to help me try to recreate the problem later)
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/15/2014 at 02:31 PM.
  11.    #131  
    Ever since I attached that screen shot, I have been getting logged out on both my Pre and Pre3 every time I open this thread. Try it on your Veer.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/18/2014 at 02:31 PM.
    I am posting this on my Veer...from the browser...so you may be onto something.
    Follow me on Twitter
  13.    #133  
    Looking at the log the attachment doesn't look like a normal attachment - it's just in the message source rather than listed as an attachment. Yet when I edit the post on my browser, it shows the attach bbcode. Perhaps Taptalk does things differently.. Time to apply some logical thinking to this idea...
  14.    #134  
    Now the question is, do I remove the attachment to see of it stops? Seems logical.
  15.    #135  
    Now the question is, do I remove the attachment to see of it stops? Seems logical.
    Aaaaand now I can post with Forums! So somehow the attachment was causing a problem with Forums. Hmm...

Edit: I wonder if we should have a separate thread for this testing/troubleshooting rather than putting it all in this one? What say you all?
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/15/2014 at 02:42 PM.
    I think it's directly related. It should stay in this thread! Why in the world would attachments cause problems posting...????
    Follow me on Twitter
  17.    #137  
    I dunno.. I know it's not all attachments -- I think it is more of a message formatting issue, but I still don't understand why it would cause you to get logged out. :/
    I installed Forums on my touchpad from the App Catalog and immediately backed it up without restoring webOS Nation from my Pre3 save/restore backup. I then transfered the com.newness.... folder to my PC and rebuilt the ipk. I uninstalled the 1.1.0 patch in Preware on my Veer and then uninstalled Forums and just for fun rebooted the Veer. I then installed the new rebuilt ipk and installed the 1.1.0 patch without a problem. So that answers the question of whether you can patch a rebuilt "stock" ipk. I tested the app afterwards it works like it should with the patch changes. Even manually added webOS Nation.
    Follow me on Twitter
  19.    #139  
    I sent the next version of the patch to a few testers, and after I get some more testing results and fix one minor thing (hopefully that will be the only bug reported ), I'll upload it. The change log has been added to the first post in the next patch release section.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/16/2014 at 01:21 PM.
  20.    #140  
    Okay, I'm finally done dinking around with the next round of changes and will create the new patch tonight.

As a bonus, while fixing a minor bug with the app menu, I figured out how to catch the meta taps, so meta shortcuts will be coming! Meta+T jumps to the top
    Meta+B jumps to the bottom (or close - it brings the last item into view, or at least it's supposed to. I think it could use improvement)
    Right now only the recent posts view has this - check it out Laingman.

And a second bonus feature that came to me while looking at something else: if you log in to a forum and you have an avatar set, it will use that for the icon in your saved forum list, instead of the default forum icon or the generic icon for manually added forums.

The pace of change is probably going to slow down for a bit. Things are getting really busy at work and I'm probably going to be working overtime for a while. I'm not putting it on hold, but I wouldn't expect a patch more than every 2 or 3 weeks.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/16/2014 at 08:46 PM.
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast