Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree94Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    You're welcome. I can't quite tell what you are asking -- are you asking how to back up the forums in case you have to re-install the app later, or are you asking how to manually add forums to the app? (I actually meant to add a longer write-up on how to add forums with a couple of examples).
    si.como backup of the forums?

Enviado desde mi Wildfire S usando Tapatalk 2
  2.    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
    si.como backup of the forums?

Enviado desde mi Wildfire S usando Tapatalk 2
    For backing up your forum list, use Save/Restore. Here is the instruction page:
    Application:SaveRestore - WebOS Internals
    I uninstalled the patch in Preware. It's "unknown" but I did a search for Forum and found it. So if your Preware settings aren't set to scan unknown packages you should do that first. Just uninstalled it and then ran the patch in Internalz Pro. Worked great.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  4.    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    I uninstalled the patch in Preware. It's "unknown" but I did a search for Forum and found it. So if your Preware settings aren't set to scan unknown packages you should do that first. Just uninstalled it and then ran the patch in Internalz Pro. Worked great.
    I never realized why sometimes these type of patches show up and sometimes not. Of course now I have to try it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/14/2014 at 11:25 AM.
    Many thanks for your continued development! I had no problems installing it using WOSQI after removing the old patch using Preware on both the Pre3 and Veer.

I like the unobtrusive 'Likes' and 'Thanks' counters. The 'Add New Forum' icon/link needs improvement though. Not so much on the Pre3, but on a Veer it is taking up a lot of valuable screen estate. I would prefer it to be in the apps settings menu (as not needed very often anyway) or part of the home screen, replacing the broken forums gallery for example.
  6.    #106  
    Yeah, the big + button isn't ideal, but it was fast and easy to add to test the code. My Pre is the smallest thing I can test on as the Pixi doesn't have wifi.. I need to find a GSM Pixi+ on the cheap for testing. I was just considering yesterday the idea of trying to have the add button as a row in the 'My forums' section, either at the top or the bottom. I've seen it done that way a few times. Then it's not always in the way and is still easy to find.

Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/14/2014 at 11:25 AM.
    That's what I figured when I read you wanted to get rid of the dysfunctional gallery, but decided to get the patch out.

... have the add button as a row in the 'My forums' section, either at the top or the bottom
    It will be used way less than the forums already set up so it should definately be on the bottom imho.
  8.    #108  
    I decided it's easy enough to swap phones, so I am reactivating the Pixi on my line for today so I can test Forums on it.
  9.    #109  
    It doesn't seem to take up any more space than the command menus on the other screens.. It still isn't ideal, so I will still do something different. The Pixiand Veer definitely have limited real estate tho.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/14/2014 at 10:04 PM.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post

Now there's a signature line I don't recall seeing before.. Maybe a long time ago!
    It doesn't seem to take up any more space than the command menus on the other screens.. It still isn't ideal, so I will still do something different. The Pixiand Veer definitely have limited real estate tho.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using [i]Forums
    You can always use the emulator when you don't have a device :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  12.    #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    You can always use the emulator when you don't have a device :-)

Yeah I suppose. I don't recall the last time I used the Pixi emulator, if ever. I will see if I have it or can install it.

Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/14/2014 at 10:04 PM.
    I mean for the Veer ;-)

HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    I installed the patch today - thanks for making the Forums app usable again!

I have however a problem that I haven't seen anybody else mention: I can't seem to log into this very forum with the app. As far as I can tell the forum won't accept my password when typed into the app on my Pre 3. I works without hitch when logging in via the browser on the same device. Is there something wrong with the character set or something like that? I have a % in the password. Could that be the problem?

I know I typed the user name correctly. Otherwise I wouldn't have gotten the standard email warning me that someone tried to log in to my account with a wrong password five times.
    Living in Norway, currently owning a Touchpad 32GB that mostly show the clock, a working Pre 3 in a drawer, a dead Pre 3, a dead Pre and a working Palm m515.
  15.    #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by Navelfluff View Post
    I installed the patch today - thanks for making the Forums app usable again!

I have however a problem that I haven't seen anybody else mention: I can't seem to log into this very forum with the app. As far as I can tell the forum won't accept my password when typed into the app on my Pre 3. I works without hitch when logging in via the browser on the same device. Is there something wrong with the character set or something like that? I have a % in the password. Could that be the problem?

I know I typed the user name correctly. Otherwise I wouldn't have gotten the standard email warning me that someone tried to log in to my account with a wrong password five times.
    Hold off on trying any more for a bit. I'd like to get some more info from you. I saw something strange in a new version I'm testing, and I'm wondering if that's what happened to you. I tested many custom forums before releasing the patch and never experienced this, but I want to be sure.

Really that goes to anyone adding custom forums - if it doesn't want to connect, don't keep trying, and let me know in this thread or via PM.

Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/14/2014 at 07:31 PM.
  16.    #116  
    Ok fortunately, or unfortunately, it is definitely not the bug that I was seeing in the new version of the code. I'm not having any problems with added forums.

I reinstalled from the catalog, then patched it with the 1.1.0 patch. Then I added 4 different forums (2 of which have the same ID and password), and was able to log on to all of them without issues. Then I changed one of them to have a % in the password, still no issue. Are there any other special characters in it? Make sure you watch as you type each character as it displays it for a split second before masking it. (Sorry, I am sure that's obvious, but there have been times the sym or shift key didn't register and I didn't notice).

Do you know how to capture the log for Forums using Lumberjack? Regardless, I'll detail it here for others that may need it:

You'll need to open Lumberjack before trying to log in so it sets the log level to info (it's the default, so no need to change anything) to capture the detailed logs. Select Forums from the 'What to look for' list. Then open Forums app and try to open this forum. Now go back to Lumberjack and tap 'Retrieve log'. From the app menu, select Log, then email log. Send it to yourself first so you can confirm your password is not displayed in clear text before sending it to me. My email is my screen name @gmail.com.

Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/15/2014 at 09:35 AM.
    I could not even connect to xda. may be in the future? would be superb!

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2
    Does anyone else discover that posting with Forums sometimes doesn't work? I'll type a post and hit send...nothing. Hit send again...nothing. Copy my entire post and swipe back and then the reply button is greyed out. Close forums and reopen it. Paste in my post and sometimes it works and sometimes not. Anyone else?
    Follow me on Twitter
  19.    #119  
    Yes, I've seen that bug many times, mostly with this forum. (Truthfully, I can only remember it happening with this forum, but I'm likely to have seen and forgotten about it happening elsewhere). I don't know what is happening or why, but it is either getting in a state where it thinks you are logged out, or just don't have permission to post. So far I have not found anything useful, but I'm still hopeful I'll find it. Anyone else that has seen this, please report it here if it was not the webosnation forums, as I already know it happens here.

Ironically, it happened the first time I tried to post this.
    What if there was a 'keep connection alive' option? It would use more data but perhaps a small bouncing ping?
    Follow me on Twitter