Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree94Likes
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    I went by the 1st post, so I assumed you published the patch already
    Oops - good point. I shouldn't have moved those to the done category before releasing the next patch version. I'll take my beating now.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/13/2014 at 12:32 PM.
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Oops - good point. I shouldn't have moved those to the done category before releasing the next patch version. I'll take my beating now.
    I have moved the new features to a new section labeled 'Slated for next patch release' to avoid any further confusion.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/13/2014 at 12:32 PM.
    I have moved the new features to a new section labeled 'Slated for next patch release' to avoid any further confusion.
    Thnx LOL :-) I hope my feedback from y'day was useful to fine tune some bits?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  4.    #84  
    Thnx LOL :-) I hope my feedback from y'day was useful to fine tune some bits?

Yes it was. I need to re-test those scenarios, because I believe I have hit all of them, but not with the same result. Try the back gesture on those scenarios, as I believe that closes all prompts and dialogues.

The login message is forum-dependent, and I've never seen one that long. It may be easiest to add them as guest forums and let you sign in later.

I suppose I can live with a couple of minor issues, since there is no way to add forums anymore if you haven't ever backed them up. Instructions are probably the most important thing.

--Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Agree it's already great to be able to add forums again :-) Icon would be nice to have too, but can imagine you're limited due to the API there?

HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    before installing this new patch is necessary to uninstall the previous one?

Enviado desde mi Wildfire S usando Tapatalk 2
    So would it be possible to do keyboard shortcuts for scrolling?
    Rnp likes this.
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
    before installing this new patch is necessary to uninstall the previous one?

Yes, you have to remove the previous patch to install a new one. The patch installation requires the original files.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/13/2014 at 06:35 PM.
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    So would it be possible to do keyboard shortcuts for scrolling?
    Possibly, but I can't promise anything. I have never done anything with keyboard shortcuts, so I will have to look into it. I have to be careful not to short-circuit the search feature, which kicks off when you type.

Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/13/2014 at 06:35 PM.
  10.    #90  
    Agree it's already great to be able to add forums again :-) Icon would be nice to have too, but can imagine you're limited due to the API there?

Unfortunately the icon is provided by the gallery, and is not returned by the API. I am thinking of providing a way to set it, but it would be pretty difficult to find the 'correct' one. I could check for a favicon on the server, which might be better than nothing.

Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/13/2014 at 06:17 PM.
  11.    #91  
    Regarding the bad formatting: everyone send an email via the contact us link at the bottom right corner of the forums and ask them to try to fix it. I don't know if it is the plugin, the forum style, or what. The webosnations forum is the only one that displays them wrong. To make things easier, the address is forums@webosnation.com
    patch posted on the first post is the new?

Yes, that is the newest. But no, it isn't the one that will allow you to manually add this forum yet. That's the next release.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Rnp likes this.
  14.    #94  
    Working on the patch now gents.. Be patient.
    Rnp likes this.
    To answer a couple of questions that were asked of me... the WN site hasn't done any software updates in quite some time (pre-HP implosion by far). All other of the MN sites have been upgraded with newer software... could the issue be that the software for this site is now older than ideal? Not my forte, but I can ask if you have questions.
  16.    #96  
    I don't know the source of the problems I've seen - unfortunately there are several different packages involved. I sent an email to the contact us address hoping they will at least look into it.

Alan Morford likes this.
  17.    #97  
    First post updated with patch version 1.1. As long as the previous version of the patch removes cleanly, the new version should install fine. If it fails and you have to re-install from the catalog, make sure you have used save/restore to save your forum list first.

For some reason I had to re-install the app from the app catalog twice when testing the patch before it installed clean - I am not sure why. I think it may have been because of where I had put the original app code when building the patch. The original patch file also had an 'unknown' line-ending, and I changed that to unix and moved the original source at the same time.

Please read the full instructions in the first post regarding manually adding forums, as there are still some bugs or unexpected behaviors in that process.

PS - ignore the spinners on the new and available forums gallery section.. that's the default state and I have disabled the calls to the gallery for now. I was going to hide those sections, but I wanted to get the patch out.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/13/2014 at 10:12 PM.
    Man that's a lot of work, you guys always amaze me. Thanks a lot
    Thank you. I reworked to the app. I know you worked hard on this patch. I am very grateful. Someone can tell me how the forums are saved? Thanks

Enviado desde tapatalk pre2
  20.    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
    Thank you. I reworked to the app. I know you worked hard on this patch. I am very grateful. Someone can tell me how the forums are saved? Thanks

Enviado desde tapatalk pre2
    You're welcome. I can't quite tell what you are asking -- are you asking how to back up the forums in case you have to re-install the app later, or are you asking how to manually add forums to the app? (I actually meant to add a longer write-up on how to add forums with a couple of examples).
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast