Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Tried to update Forums app in preware and got a blank screen, even after resetting phone. Deleted app and installed fresh and it worked fine. Thank goodness for the "export" and "import" functions in app.

Verizon Pre2 with 2.1.0.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  2.    #282  
    Quote Originally Posted by juanspixi View Post
    Tried to update Forums app in preware and got a blank screen, even after resetting phone. Deleted app and installed fresh and it worked fine. Thank goodness for the "export" and "import" functions in app.

Verizon Pre2 with 2.1.0.

That's weird. I doubt I can, but I'll see if I can recreate that. I updated a Pixi and Pre3 from Preware today.
    My Veer (2.2.4) was stuck too at downloading. Closed Preware, restarted Preware and seems to have updated anyway.

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Pre3 seemed to take hang installing via preware. Hung up transferring 57245/669K. Maybe it's preware?

I don't know what happened. I restarted Preware and it installed immediately on the second try.
  5.    #285  
    Why does it seem like I'm they only one that hasn't had an issue installing the update from Preware? I booted up a Verizon Pre2 with a GSM radio, installed Preware 1.9.13, and installed Forums from the feed. Not sure I have a working Verizon Pre2 on 2.1, but obviously this has happened on more devices and webOS versions, so I don't think it matters. Nothing special about the update at all.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    My problem wasnt necessarily with preware as the app downloaded and installed without any errors. Once I tried to launch it I got a blank blue screen- no icons, nothing. Then I deleted the app and re-installed through preware and all was well after I imported my info from the app. This sounds different than the people reporting error messages from preware.

7.    #287  
    Ah okay, I didn't read that from your previous post. A blank card is usually an error occurring early during startup. I moved the check for the Internalz FileMgrService there to fix a timing problem that was causing the export button to not show (this service enables the save to a file).
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Why does it seem like I'm they only one that hasn't had an issue installing the update from Preware?
    Just updated my Pre3 and my backup Pixi Plus and the update worked fine through Preware. Thanks for the update btw!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
    Updated two or three days ago, running on a Pre3, no problems

Edit: From Preware
    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    updated here, too... and no issues (pre3)
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Ah okay, I didn't read that from your previous post. A blank card is usually an error occurring early during startup. I moved the check for the Internalz FileMgrService there to fix a timing problem that was causing the export button to not show (this service enables the save to a file).
    In case I wasn't clear, I had a blank card problem when I tried to "update" the existing forums app from preware, but had no problem when I then deleted the app and reinstalled the latest version "fresh" from preware. Again, thanks for update!

2.1.0 Verizon Pre2

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Noticed after phone reset by itself that now the forums app doesn't load my forums anymore. Have to import saved forums almost every time I open forums app. Also takes longer to switch between forums because "closing session" seems to take a lot longer.

13.    #293  
    When you say the phone reset by itself, do you mean it just restarted or that it restarted and erased all of your apps and data? Can you report your phone model and OS version? Are any of your other apps having trouble loading their saved data?

If you are able to import, the forums-export.json file must exist in the USB root folder (/media/internal) so I recommend removing and reinstalling Forums from Preware, then importing your forums again - just confirm that file is there. That gives me an idea for a new feature - during first app startup, I should be able to check for that file and import it automatically (I haven't messed with the first startup logic before, so I can't be 100% certain until I work on it).
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 05/28/2015 at 10:52 AM.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    When you say the phone reset by itself, do you mean it just restarted or that it restarted and erased all of your apps and data? Can you report your phone model and OS version? Are any of your other apps having trouble loading their saved data?

If you are able to import, the forums-export.json file must exist in the USB root folder (/media/internal) so I recommend removing and reinstalling Forums from Preware, then importing your forums again - just confirm that file is there. That gives me an idea for a new feature - during first app startup, I should be able to check for that file and import it automatically (I haven't messed with the first startup logic before, so I can't be 100% certain until I work on it).
    Phone restarted by itself to HP LOGO (more than a LUNA restart). Will delete and reload. Thanks.

Phone:

Verizon Pre 2
    WebOs 2.1.0

Last edited by juanspixi; 05/28/2015 at 02:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    FYI: I redownloaded the forums app but it still didn't remember my forums (had to import). After a few tries I decided to do a device restart and it got stuck in HP logo. I give up!!!!!!!

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    FYI: I redownloaded the forums app but it still didn't remember my forums (had to import). After a few tries I decided to do a device restart and it got stuck in HP logo. I give up!!!!!!!

Never had issues here on Veer with 2.2.4 (and 2.1.2 from what I recall), so might be 2.1.0 specific issue? You might want to try 2.2.4 on your Pre 2?

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  17.    #297  
    Something else is going on with his device if it's stuck in a boot loop. The Forums database was just a symptom. I've never had any issues on any version of 2.x
  18.    #298  

I told you that you would have to re-import them after you reinstalled it. If it still wasn't remembering them, something is wrong on the device causing it, as well as your current issue being stuck on the HP logo. It sounds like you are probably going to end up having to run the webOS doctor and start fresh.
    Isn't that the device db got in general too full (partition out of space) ?
    Remember reading that it would cause a lot of "bad" things
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I told you that you would have to re-import them after you reinstalled it. If it still wasn't remembering them, something is wrong on the device causing it, as well as your current issue being stuck on the HP logo. It sounds like you are probably going to end up having to run the webOS doctor and start fresh.
    Yes of course I expected to reimport after I reinstalled forums app. Trouble is, after I closed and opened app back up, it forgot them. I repeated this 3 times, then decided to do a device restart and the PRE 2 is stuck on HP Logo. I switched to my backup pixi and probably will stay there until I figure out how to go to a Meta doctor 2.2.4 for Verizon.

I have s Moto X ready to go that I will probably use soon anyway. I was afraid this was going to happen.