Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree94Likes
  1.    #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    So would it be possible to do keyboard shortcuts for scrolling?
    What are the shortcuts keys in the other patch? It was for the browser, right? I can't seem to find them. Just wondering if some sort of 'standard' has already been adopted. I used gesture area combinations, because I was worried about triggering the search function.

Edit: never mind, I found them - at least I found one version. The browser multi-mod has backspace for top of page and enter for bottom of page. I wasn't sure if these would trigger the search or not, but I figured out how to make it work. I also check to see if the search bar is active and ignore those keys if it is. Works well aside from the enter key on my keyboard not registering once in a while. It also is a bit easier to use than the combinations, and it leaves those available for other things.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/26/2014 at 12:53 AM.
  2.    #182  
    I thought there would be more response about the keyboard shortcuts. I had always wished I could jump to the top or bottom of a page, but didn't realize how great it was until I had it. I had never installed the browser patch to even try it. I wish I had done it years ago now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I thought there would be more response about the keyboard shortcuts. I had always wished I could jump to the top or bottom of a page, but didn't realize how great it was until I had it. I had never installed the browser patch to even try it. I wish I had done it years ago now.
    Yeah, its great. That's why I was wondering about shortcuts across the OS. Scrolling is a pain
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  4.    #184  
    Yep. Scrolling is the one thing nobody has gotten right since the palmos/winmo days. At least those phones had proper scroll bars you could just grab and drag all the way up or down. Technically Apple is half-way there since you can tap the top bar and most apps will jump back to the top of the scroller. I'd better not get started again... I've been griping about this for over four years now.
    Yep. Scrolling is the one thing nobody has gotten right since the palmos/winmo days. At least those phones had proper scroll bars you could just grab and drag all the way up or down. Technically Apple is half-way there since you can tap the top bar and most apps will jump back to the top of the scroller. I'd better not get started again... I've been griping about this for over four years now.
    question. you come to them Tapatalk notifications when someone writes in the appointment or the post we're going to follow yo?
    Perdonen el traductor es horrible.

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
  6.    #186  
    I wish I could understand that. I think you might be asking about getting push notifications for your subscribed forums and topics, private messages, etc. If so, I don't know. The promised push notification service from Palm never materialized, so it would require polling every so often. I think it's probably attainable, just will require a lot of work, and therefore time.
    I wish I could understand that. I think you might be asking about getting push notifications for your subscribed forums and topics, private messages, etc. If so, I don't know. The promised push notification service from Palm never materialized, so it would require polling every so often. I think it's probably attainable, just will require a lot of work, and therefore time.
    You have treated me very well. Thanks for your efforts and hard in all subjects.

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  8.    #188  
    Updated first post with patch version 1.3.5.

Change log:
    - Increased default message display font size slightly.
    - New shortcut keys for top/bottom of page taken from browser multi-mod patch: backspace for top, enter for bottom.
    - Special handling for webosnation.com and precentral.net forum links in posts, so they should open in the app instead of the browser. There is one more tweak I need to make to the parsing of vbseovbseovbseo $links$ $to$ $grab$ $the$ $post$ $ID$, $so$ $those$ $properly$ $open$ $the$ $right$ $post$. $Given$ $the$ $vast$ $number$ $of$ $supported$ $forums$, $this$ $will$ $not$ $likely$ $be$ $done$ $for$ $all$ $forums$, $but$ $you$ $all$ $on$ $webOS$ $Nation$ $are$ $special$.
    - Re-authenticate in subscribed post view after viewing a thread that hoses your session. (experimental). I just need to make sure this does not cause any problems before I expand it to other views.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 02/01/2014 at 12:57 AM.
    joshua764 and Rnp like this.
    Really liking the new shortcut keys. Really used Forums with the patch for the first time today and it's much improved from what I remembered Forums being like. Thank you for all the work you've done!
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Grabber5.0 and Rnp like this.
    The new font size makes it easier to read. Thank you sir
    Grabber5.0 and Rnp like this.
    I have another suggestion. The app when in card view is dimmed. That is not good to me because I like to have several threads open at once but I cant tell which is which when its like that. To make matters worse the app gets dimmed but it also inserts the webos nation logo(un-dimmed) obscuring the page titles.

Can this be changed? Un-dim the app and no logo
    Rnp likes this.
  12.    #192  
    I always wondered about the forum logo (now avatar) in the corner when carded - whether that was intentional or a bug. Not sure why it has a fade placed over the app in that view - maybe because it checks when you reactivate it to see if it needs to reconnect your session. I can look into it though - I don't see why it couldn't be changed.
    Rnp likes this.
  13.    #193  
    Ok, that was easy. Thankfully not something I had to do in every view for once. It was being hidden before any reconnect activity, so I really don't see much value in it, aside from seeing the forum icon in card view making it easy to tell cards apart. I can make this the default or I can add an option to disable it.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 02/10/2014 at 01:44 PM.
    Rnp likes this.
    Are you testing something? Your post is blank on my Forums app but I see it normally on the web.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  15.    #195  
    I just posted an image attachment to illustrate how multiple cards currently look with the fade and the forum icons in the corner. I'm going to host it somewhere else so it doesn't bork Forums - I post in this thread too much!

Here it is:
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 02/13/2014 at 09:23 PM.
    cbosdell likes this.
    I just posted an image attachment to illustrate how multiple cards look with the forum icons in the corner. I'm going to host it somewhere else so it doesn't bork Forums - I post in this thread too much!

Here it is: http://www.fordmaverick.com/uploads/...-02_123222.png
    That looks really good! I look forward to the update.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
  17.    #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by cbosdell View Post
    That looks really good! I look forward to the update.

Did you quote the wrong post? That's what it looks like now.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 02/11/2014 at 08:52 PM.
    Did you quote the wrong post? That's what it looks like now.
    I wasn't paying as close attention as I should have. I saw a couple of the thumbnails and thought it was displaying the forums logo instead of my avatar. Yay twelve hour shifts. :P Either way, looking forward to what the next update brings.
  19.    #199  
    Quote Originally Posted by cbosdell View Post
    I wasn't paying as close attention as I should have. I saw a couple of the thumbnails and thought it was displaying the forums logo instead of my avatar. Yay twelve hour shifts. :P Either way, looking forward to what the next update brings.
    Ugh, twelve hour shifts. Sorry man.
    Those forum logos are from forums I had saved before the gallery quit working. Unfortunately they are not returned by the forum, only from Tapatalk's directory service.
    Did anybody else notice that on tap to open a thread, forums switches back to the smaller font size for a very brief moment? Or is that just me?
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast