1.    #1  
    I have noticed that when the messaging app is full screen or in a conversation if you will, it is possible to get a reply and not know it because it will not notify, Seems like they figured that its not necessary but in real world usage one does not always keep looking at the screen to see if someone replied.

Can anyone confirm confirm this behavior and if so can a patch be made for this? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    612 Global Posts
    I've noticed something along those lines. I don't think I've ever had it not notify at all, but I always put the phone to sleep after sending a text. If it was still awake maybe I wouldn't get a notification, not sure. What I have noticed though is that if the messaging app has the focus when I put the phone to sleep, I'll get one notification and that's it even though I have it set to repeat the notification indefinitely until I dismiss it. If I swipe up to go to the cards view before sleeping then it works as expected, with the notification repeating as desired.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by trwrt View Post
    I've noticed something along those lines. I don't think I've ever had it not notify at all, but I always put the phone to sleep after sending a text. If it was still awake maybe I wouldn't get a notification, not sure. What I have noticed though is that if the messaging app has the focus when I put the phone to sleep, I'll get one notification and that's it even though I have it set to repeat the notification indefinitely until I dismiss it. If I swipe up to go to the cards view before sleeping then it works as expected, with the notification repeating as desired.
    Yeah, just putting it in card view will make it notify when message received. Super annoying to have to do that tho