Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
Like Tree24Likes
    It's not so much lack of interest as lack of time. I already have too much going on. I doubt there are any technical reasons the new API won't work, but I haven't looked at them in depth. I did look at the vids and docs you linked to recently. Since I can still play videos, subject to the same tap-until-it-plays problem we've had for a while, I suspect the stream URLs aren't changing, or not much.
    Ha ha!

Are you the only one left?

Maybe I'll look over the weekend - I'll kid myself that I can cut and paste half-understood code. I need a steep learning curve!

At least it still seems to be working a bit for now...
    I'm interested but I'm mad about the whole issue so I'm pouting.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    I have been able to play youtube videos yesterday on my Pre3 and they looked fine. I installed the fix low YouTube quality patch yesterday on my backup Pixi Plus and could play videos fine. Ohh.. I just read that the due date is late may...
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
    Hi,

I looked back to the search request, that was modified for this path and tried to migrate this to API-V3.
    The old one was:
    http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/videos?v=2&q=#{vq}&orderby=relevance&max-results=#{maxResults}&start-index=#{startindex}&alt=json&format=#{format}&safeSearch=strict&client=#{clientId}
    The new one might be something like this:
    https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/search?part=snippet&maxResults=#{maxResults}&order=relevance&q=#{vq}&safeSearch=strict&key=#{clientI d}

Tested on https://developers.google.com/youtub...ch/list#try-it
    The response of this request can be found when the parameters are filled in and Execute is pressed, so one has to convert this result into a list. After that one has to build a request to start the video the right way.

I doubt that I would be able to fix this problem. But if - I definitely would need some weeks or maybe months for it...

Besides I personally prefer watching Youtube on big screens - maybe 5 times a month on my HP Touchpad, but most of the time on my desktop computer. So I'm not really missing Youtube on my Veer and on my Pre 2.
    Youtube App on my Palm Pre is not working now. It doesn't play the videos. Thank you Google. NOT. Palm Pre is not a supported device anymore. Death by a thousand cuts.
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
    Great... they killed my AppleTV 2, too...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Yep they killed a bunch of not-that-old devices. I am hoping the outrage will bring action. Frankly I do not like the new iframe API. It's geared toward browsers. Web views on webOS may not handle it very well, certainly the browser doesn't - I can't get them to go full screen, and it detects flash even if you disable it and tries to use the flash player instead of the html5 player.
    See this thread for my pre3 2.2.4 solution.

Now youtube?
    i doctor pre2, and after installing " youtube -quality- fix_2.2.4 - v2_theoneill_fix.patch " video play enough . I installed " mp4 video downloader patck " and before I could see the top right of the video to mp4 download . Now I can download video mp4 but before the opening enclose picture , if I want streem or download . If I choose download 3gp I take not supported .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    e
    Last edited by creepingmee; 11/19/2015 at 05:37 PM.
    install Lunetube v0.1.2 Lunetube for LuneOS. Youtube client APP
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567