Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    this one gets the same error as the one I posted above
    this one gave me a 'cannot find 360p video' but worked the second time I tried.
    Ewww, I forgot to reinstall this patch after I doctored back to 2.2.4.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I must remember to take note of videos that don't play to post here. Is there an easy way to get the URL out of the player?

One interesting thing I've seen is a video that plays in a web page... well, as 'full screen' doesn't work on the zoomed mobile screen, I tap, 'watch on youtube' and the app launches. I've had situations where the video that played in the page gets an error message in the app.

So this clearly isn't a problem with the built in player - unless the version/format of the video served to the app is different/wrong.

I'd guess after the API changed there was some kind of basic, 'lowest quality' protocol intact and this was always defaulted to. The patch may be in some way 'incomplete' or could be too good and is requesting a quality or format unsupported by our aging player.

Anyway, I'll try to make note of problem videos - especially if they work in the browser.
    I don't watch much you tube on my phone but lately have watched few and applied the patch and had few that didn't play. The reason they play in the browser and not in the app is because in the browser it uses flash player and the you tube app most likely just request the video file and plays it. Glanced over the patch code and for the most part I either get the mp4 360p stream not available. And it seems that the part of the code or the reference to some page http://userscripts.org/scripts/review/25105 is not available anymore that explains a param that is passed.
    My gut feeling is that since everything is moving to hd most likely some of the new videos uploaded are not encoded in such low quality.
    Well, just used one of your examples - got the url from the phone and used some java applet to see what sources are available on a desktop machine.
    Well there's no 360p mp4 stream for sure only one without sound.
    so I guess the patch need to be upped to 480p just need to figure out what is the param for that.
    Hope that helps. I'll try few other vid examples from the forums just to see if that will be the silver bullet for now - until API changes again.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Preemptive likes this.
    Hey, what just happened here, I tapped on the png link in the previous post and it worked. I'm pretty sure there was a bug that prevented webos from opening png files
    are we back to this old issue?
    YouTube videos not opening

old thread relevant again?
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Hey, what just happened here, I tapped on the png link in the previous post and it worked. I'm pretty sure there was a bug that prevented webos from opening png files
    PNG is well-supported in webOS (in fact most graphics in webOS are PNG format). Are you using Forums? They seem to have fixed the attachment problem recently, so they are viewable in Forums again.
    I wanted to mention that the patch has a bizarre way of causing my phone not to play youtube videos, the spinning circle continue to spin endlessly without the video playing. So there must be something wrong with the "Youtube patch" for the WebOS 2.2.4v for the Pre 3 because, once i remove patch videos plays again without no trouble.

Have anyone experience something similar ?
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    I wanted to mention that the patch has a bizarre way of causing my phone not to play youtube videos, the spinning circle continue to spin endlessly without the video playing. So there must be something wrong with the "Youtube patch" for the WebOS 2.2.4v for the Pre 3 because, once i remove patch videos plays again without no trouble.

Have anyone experience something similar ?
    Same problem with My Veers. The patch causes aprox. 50% of the youtube video's not to play...
    I get the spinning circle a lot. I also get error messages. I have noticed that re-requesting the video sometimes works. First there is an error message, then I see the still of the video with the spinner, then error message, then it works! So perhaps multiple requests sorts out the correct playback format? Maybe the patch is giving up too soon or the server. Perhaps the problem is in the process of finding the correct format version?

That said, I still can't get this to work:

My working theory now is that the developer of this patch hates,
    A) Cats
    B) Theremins

I'm now looking for a video of a Dog playing a Banjo.
    Just for kicks, I clicked the above link on my VZW Pre 2 with this patch installed and got the following:

1st try - Spinning circle - "error occurred"
    2nd try - Couldn't find video in 360p
    3rd try - Couldn't find video in 360p
    4th try - Spinning circle - "error occurred"
    5th try - Then.....drumroll....it worked!

5th try was the charm!

I am not having any youtube issues to need a patch. I wonder what the difference could be
    You mean you don't get ultra-crappy quality for YouTube videos?

Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    You mean you don't get ultra-crappy quality for YouTube videos?

Nope. No buffering issues either, never been better
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Nope. No buffering issues either, never been better
    You need to send your phone to Grabber5.0 so he can extract the secret. You owe it to the community! ;-)

In other news, my webOS browser is fully HTML 5 compliant and never gets a gray spinner or a forced reload..... NOT
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    You need to send your phone to Grabber5.0 so he can extract the secret. You owe it to the community! ;-)

In other news, my webOS browser is fully HTML 5 compliant and never gets a gray spinner or a forced reload..... NOT
    Funny you should mention that browser issue, mine has been behaving itself today. Currently I have a 7 browser cards stack, forums app, playing spotify, free tether and have been trying to get the spinner with no success. I have been trying to figure out what is the trigger. Certain type of content I suppose.

I know what the crappy video looks like tho, I get it when I play video from non youtube sites, espn for example
    Don''t work in Palm Pre !
    Quote Originally Posted by DakteritsKriss View Post
    Don''t work in Palm Pre !
    That's not a very helpful comment, Dak. We can help you get it to work but perhaps you could tell us what phone and version of webOS you are using?
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    just installed this patch on Pre2 2.2.4 sprint franken meta.

i've tried 6 random videos to test; now all fail saying "cant find mp4 360p".

blurry vid is better than no vid. suggestions anyone? guess i'm uninstalling here too...
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast