webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > [Patch] Cycling Email Notifications with time stamp and delete button
[Patch] Cycling Email Notifications with time stamp and delete button
Like Tree7Likes

Old 04/12/2013, 11:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

This is little something I've added to the cool patch Cycling Email Notifications from GMMan.
I just felt that I need a time stamp on the cycling patch and then looked at the code of the delete button patch and just rolled it all together.
Another thing that I added is to rotate the account icons as well so it is easy to see which account the email is for.

Before Installing: remove Cycling Email Notification and/or Delete Email from the dashboard patches.

If there is enough demand I might upload it to preware.
It's only for the phones for now but planing to do it for the TP.
Just give it a try and let me know if you have issues. Use the patch in this post.
I've only tried it on the emulator and my phone webos v 2.2.4
If there are people with different versions 2.X to try it that would be even better.

Version 1.1: Removed the dependency on the mojo2 framework, so that should work with all 2.X versions.
Version 1.2: Tapping on the email icon pauses/plays the cycling. Also screen off/on does that.
Version 1.2: Available in preware now.
Version 1.3: Bug fix on the selection on the correct email for displaying and deleting.

Last edited by 60RH; 11/24/2013 at 10:27 AM. Reason: New version 1.3
60RH is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp, geekpeter, cbosdell and 1 others like this.
Old 04/13/2013, 01:07 AM   #2 (permalink)

I would love this
FindingNihao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/13/2013, 01:32 AM   #3 (permalink)

Cool. Thank you
laingman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04/13/2013, 04:44 AM   #4 (permalink)

good job I cant wait to try it. thank you.
xjstattoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/13/2013, 09:30 AM   #5 (permalink)

No need to wait the patch is attached in the first post.
I've been running that on my pre2 for the last 2 weeks just didn't have time to post it here.
Old 04/13/2013, 11:22 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choorp View Post
Great work, 60RH!

I like that little weather widget too.
I'm blushing here

Last edited by 60RH; 04/13/2013 at 01:23 PM.
Old 04/13/2013, 11:28 AM   #7 (permalink)

This is a FANTASTIC addition to webOS customization! It builds on one of the greatest strengths of webOS.

Thanks!

PS - Any future chance of this running on TP with LunaCE?? (I already tried it)

Last edited by davidtm; 04/13/2013 at 11:30 AM. Reason: PS added
davidtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/13/2013, 12:47 PM   #8 (permalink)

Yay, forks! Good catch with the account icons. I didn't know all accounts are kept in a single dashboard instead of separate ones like on the TouchPad.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/13/2013, 01:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtm View Post

PS - Any future chance of this running on TP with LunaCE?? (I already tried it)
This is the plan just haven't located email application in the TP doctor
Old 04/13/2013, 01:52 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Yay, forks! Good catch with the account icons. I didn't know all accounts are kept in a single dashboard instead of separate ones like on the TouchPad.
They are separate but I guess because of the way the dashboard works in Enyo they don't change all the icons to generic one in the code the way they do in the 2.X but just the last one.
On another hand can you point me to the location of the email app in the doctor for 3.X?
I can't seem to find it in webosdoctorp305hstnhwifi.jar\resources\webOS.tar\.\nova-cust-image-topaz.rootfs.tar.gz\nova-cust-image-topaz.rootfs.tar\.\usr\palm\applications\

and don't want to pull it from TP since mine is patched a bit and it might cause problems later when trying to patch mint version.

Last edited by 60RH; 04/13/2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old 04/13/2013, 02:29 PM   #11 (permalink)

The email app is installed from an IPK when you do First Run. Should be in /usr/palm/ipkgs
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp likes this.
Thanked by 60RH, Rnp
Old 04/13/2013, 03:33 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
The email app is installed from an IPK when you do First Run. Should be in /usr/palm/ipkgs
Got it! Thanks.
Old 04/13/2013, 09:22 PM   #13 (permalink)

Preware for sure. I dont understand how this and the original thread by GMMan not getting more run. Its just so cool
Old 04/13/2013, 10:14 PM   #14 (permalink)

Failed to install webos 2.1.0
Old 04/13/2013, 11:41 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by laingman View Post
Failed to install webos 2.1.0
Do you have by any chance cycling email patch and/or the delete from dashboard patch installed?
If you do you need to un-install them since the one I got rolls them all together.
If not do you care to provide the error log?

Last edited by 60RH; 04/13/2013 at 11:50 PM.
Old 04/14/2013, 02:56 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60RH View Post
Do you have by any chance cycling email patch and/or the delete from dashboard patch installed?
If you do you need to un-install them since the one I got rolls them all together.
If not do you care to provide the error log?
Deleted them but still can't install. Not sure how to post error log from webos quick install
Old 04/14/2013, 02:07 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Deleted them but still can't install. Not sure how to post error log from webos quick install
Email the file and use Internalz Pro or Prepare.

For wosqi you might do a screen shot of the pop up with the error. Once I have time I might load 2.0.1 emulator image.
Old 04/15/2013, 09:57 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Nevermind. I think I figured it out. Since I'm adding a new class to the the css in the mojo2 framework just so it can be reused in other dashboards like tasks and messaging but guess it can be done in the email app itself so just one version of the patch can cover all 2.X webOS version as far as they have email app that uses the mojo2 framework (compared the email app on 2.1.0 and 2.2.4). I'll update the first post once I have time to mess with it and at least test it out on 2.2.4 and make sure it doesn't break anything.

P.S. Started looking at the TP version - funny enough they already decorated the email object with the timestamp
Old 04/15/2013, 05:18 PM   #19 (permalink)

So you working on cycling messaging and calenders etc? Way cool. Thanks.
Old 04/15/2013, 07:44 PM   #20 (permalink)

Failed to install. Touchpad 3.0.5. Have .png screen capture of error message but can't figure out how to attach here while on Touchpad. Attachment functionality apparently not available.
eTreo is offline   Reply With Quote