Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1.    #41  
    Yep, I've seen it happened on the TP version only.
    But you don't have to do Luna restart. For me opening the email app from the dash and closing it back up rests it and all is good again.
    P.S. It seems like the last version conflicts with Advanced System Prefs-Email Prefs, so I guess I'm forced to look at tweaks integration or contact sconix and ask him to add the code(once I have it done) to his patch if it's not possible to have separate tweaks email patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    Yep, I've noticed that, too. Maybe a tap or tap/hold could pause or delay the cycling?
    Yep. Long press and release selects/deletes the correct message. It's all good, I think
    Last edited by laingman; 04/19/2013 at 08:52 AM.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Yep. Long press and release selects/deletes the correct message. It's all good, I think
    Are you saying it's working correctly as it is for you?
    I managed to open and delete the right message a couple of times. Need to test some more
  5.    #45  
    I managed to open and delete the right message a couple of times. Need to test some more
    Cool, I have new version that taping on the email icon pause/play the cycling but it's giving me troubles on the real device so I need to test more and make some visual cues about if it's cycling or not.
    When paused it's almost like the sliding dashboard on TP but you just delete the actual mail instead of swiping.
  6.    #46  
    v 1.2 added to the first post.
    Tapping on the email icon pauses/plays the cycling. Also screen off/on does that.
    I wasn't aware that there's a different tap handler for the icon and the dash.
    Originally if you tap on the icon you get to the inbox depending on the account (if there are emails from different accounts to the unified inbox).
    Since I wasn't aware of that and never used it and don't see much use of it - reused the tap handler.
    Also cycling stops when the screen goes off and resumes when turned back on so you don't have to wait for it to come around.
    Last version if there are no other ideas will be to add tweaks so the interval can be configurable and add some visual cue when the cycling is paused - have to dig some icon that I like and is in the app or in the framework to reuse.
    P.S. Went for Uber Cycling Email Dashboard name for the patch. Thanks laingman.
    So when you say stop cycling when screen off, does that mean it wont cycle on touchstone?
    I installed the new version. Will test some and report back. I notice that now the delete icon is cut off on both sides now tho. This is on pre2, 2.1
  9.    #49  
    So when you say stop cycling when screen off, does that mean it wont cycle on touchstone?
    No. On the touchstone it's dimmed - it's only when it's completely off.
  10.    #50  
    I installed the new version. Will test some and report back. I notice that now the delete icon is cut off on both sides now tho. This is on pre2, 2.1
    Can you provide screen shot?
    I tried to move it as much as possible on the right and down so it's not covered by the time stamp and it cover as little as possible on the info of the dashboard.
    It seems that some of the installs/uninstalls messed up my phone so no I have odd behavior when I have the patch installed. The dash gets dismissed after a while
    Can you watch for that on your 2.1 os version? And of course anybody else with 2.2.4 please look for that.
    It all works fine in the emulator but I'm not sure there is a way to trigger the screen on/off scenario.
    So I can't check if this is the part in the code that messing up my phone or I just need to visit the doctor
  11.    #51  
    Trying to add some visual cues to play/pause thingy and not having luck so far guess I need ot RTFM but can't seems to find what I'm looking for in the online documentation.
    I've looked at some examples and I have a div tag added to the template and trying to get reference to it with this.controller.get('divtname').style so I can change the display property and show hide the play/pause icons but for some reason I'm getting errors that this is undefined - i.e. seems the controller is not defined but from what I read the dashboard is a scene, so that should be available.
    What am I missing here?
    I know it's a noob question and most likely I'm doing something wrong but will appreciate any pointers/help.
    Here's V1.2 scaled to fit when using Choorp's UIScale for pre3.

Enjoy.

Baldric
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I don't see this patch in preware or WOSQI. Has it been removed because there's an issue or am I just missing it?
    Nevermind, found it
    I think I figured it out, the problem with selecting/deleting the right message when scrolling.

If the email app is already open which is not a problem with webos, just stick it in a stack somewhere, it will be possible to select the right message.

Don't know why, can someone else test and confirm?
  16.    #56  
    I think I figured it out, the problem with selecting/deleting the right message when scrolling.

If the email app is already open which is not a problem with webos, just stick it in a stack somewhere, it will be possible to select the right message.

Don't know why, can someone else test and confirm?
    I tried your theory but couldn't reproduce it
    When it happens the email date in the app is showing as the beginning of Linux epoch 1/1/1970 +/- GMT.
    Yeah I was able to do it for a while, but not anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by 60RH View Post
    Nevermind. I think I figured it out. Since I'm adding a new class to the the css in the mojo2 framework just so it can be reused in other dashboards like tasks and messaging but guess it can be done in the email app itself so just one version of the patch can cover all 2.X webOS version as far as they have email app that uses the mojo2 framework (compared the email app on 2.1.0 and 2.2.4). I'll update the first post once I have time to mess with it and at least test it out on 2.2.4 and make sure it doesn't break anything.

P.S. Started looking at the TP version - funny enough they already decorated the email object with the timestamp
    Hey there, Were you able to make any progress or have time to work on cycling other dashboard notifications?
  19.    #59  
    Hey there, Were you able to make any progress or have time to work on cycling other dashboard notifications?
    No no time yet. But things are getting to normal after few months of crazy.
    Not sure which would be the next standard app to receive the cycling dashboard.
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by 60RH View Post
    No no time yet. But things are getting to normal after few months of crazy.
    Not sure which would be the next standard app to receive the cycling dashboard.
    I know it's been a long time but I finally found some time and figured out the main problem with the cycling dashes on phones. Problem is that on the webOS 3.X enoyo and layers are used for the dashes and the emailid is kept on layer level where for the phones the code was getting always the last message in the queue.
    Anyway there are few things I want to work on before I post this to preware and want to get some testing done besides what I'm doing on my pre2 and on the emulator.
    Enjoy.
    Oh forgot to say that this version is fixing this problem: it's select the correct message and delete the correct one.
    Not sure if we need the play/pause on the email icon.
    First post is updated with the new patch and info.
    Enjoy
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast