Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    So is it possible to cycle missed calls?
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo View Post
    Failed to install. Touchpad 3.0.5. Have .png screen capture of error message but can't figure out how to attach here while on Touchpad. Attachment functionality apparently not available.
    Facepalm! Just re-read OP and saw only for Pre. Nevermind
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Tasks for sure since recently messed with it for TP and always procrastinating
  4.    #24  
    Most likely.
    Since you're on 2.1 it'll be just different code and it's per app since all these patches are on app level.
    As GMMan said in his thread about the original patch - the code for the dashboards is minified and too hard to patch and if it gets patched it'll have to be replaced, which will not allow for any other patches.
    I was thinking that if it can be added the way the webos scrolls patch from Isigar2004 that might work for system wide cycling of dashboards and that would be sweet...
    Also thinking about it I guess it's stupid for the dashboards to cycle when the screen is off and it's good to save cpu cycles...
    Another thing that I don't like about the current version is that if my screen is locked a can peek at just one or 2 and then when I turn it on it doesn't continue from the one I just looked at - that would be the best thing to add to that but I'm not sure if there's api to check the screen state(most likely there is) and not sure if that is more efficient to subscribe to that service than just let the dashboards to cycle.
  5.    #25  
    Should work on all 2.X now. First post updated with the new version of the patch.
    Please report back. Might even work on 1.4.5 if the email app didn't change much - depending on when mojo 2 was introduced.
    Last edited by 60RH; 04/16/2013 at 05:11 PM.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    I just gotta say again how wonderfully functional this patch is! Good luck with the TP version!
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Now working with 2.1. Thank you
  8.    #28  
    Now working with 2.1. Thank you
    Guess it's time to push it to preware.
    Tried 1.4.5 as well but the notification-assistant.jsjsjs $is$ $just$ $too$ $different$. $It$ $needs$ $to$ $be$ $a$ $separate$ $patch$ $if$ $there$'$s$ $enough$ $demand$ $or$ $time$ $on$ $my$ $part$.
    Quote Originally Posted by 60RH View Post
    Guess it's time to push it to preware.
    Tried 1.4.5 as well but the notification-assistant.jsjsjs $is$ $just$ $too$ $different$. $It$ $needs$ $to$ $be$ $a$ $separate$ $patch$ $if$ $there$'$s$ $enough$ $demand$ $or$ $time$ $on$ $my$ $part$.
    Hi all,
    Did a quick modification so that the time stamp can be viewed if using a Pre3 with Choorp's UIScale.

Baldric
    Attached Files Attached Files
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by baldric View Post
    Hi all,
    Did a quick modification so that the time stamp can be viewed if using a Pre3 with Choorp's UIScale.

Baldric
    Thanks, Baldric.
    I haven't looked at the Choorp's UIScale since I don't own pre3, but I heard about it.
    So if somebody doesn't have the UIScale installed the original patch is working for pre3 just fine, right?
    Just asking because there's no way to indicate the patch is not working for pre3(if this is the case) in preware.
  11.    #31  
    Any suggestion about the name of the patch in preware since it's limited to 45 chars and want to pick something that is descriptive enough. I've seen the mega patches but not sure that qualifies
    Mega Cycling Email Dashboard sounds good to you all?
    I was thinking that I can have more badges/earrings(piercing to the account icon), if I want to drive it further. That what it reminds me of
    That's why I don't think that mega is deserved yet.
    The idea is to have another badge on the right botom (or any of the other 3 free) icon corner(this was the original prototype of this patch but there was more space on the right and this is where the important stuff is like from/subject of the email) with the new messages per account/icon type, but maybe that would make it too cluttered
    Regardless I'll only add that if I figure out how to make the patch tweaks compatible. I don't really use the delete button on this so I was thinking I might make that configurable through tweaks.
    Have to learn how to do it first.
    Cycle email advanced would be my choice
    Or uber
    One thing that I find challenging is deleting the right email message. Anyone else?
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    One thing that I find challenging is deleting the right email message. Anyone else?
    Yep, I've noticed that, too. Maybe a tap or tap/hold could pause or delay the cycling?
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
  16.    #36  
    I get some wired tings too. Don't use the delete button so much but even taping on the dashboard sometimes brings the wrong email(very windows 8 btw) and when it does the date on the email is 1/1/1970 + GMT, which if you take out the GMT is the unix epoch time start.
    It's not always the case and it works for the most part but it's not reliable
    Went back and uninstalled it and installed the one from GMMan and it has the same issue so it must be something about the shift of the dashboards is done. Looks like indexes get out of order.
    Quote Originally Posted by 60RH View Post
    I get some wired tings too. Don't use the delete button so much but even taping on the dashboard sometimes brings the wrong email(very windows 8 btw) and when it does the date on the email is 1/1/1970 + GMT, which if you take out the GMT is the unix epoch time start.
    It's not always the case and it works for the most part but it's not reliable
    Went back and uninstalled it and installed the one from GMMan and it has the same issue so it must be something about the shift of the dashboards is done. Looks like indexes get out of order.
    Not a biggie. Even if it cant work perfectly i value cycling more than delete
  18.    #38  
    Here's a quick fix that might work. Please try it out.
    My pre2 is having some issues and refusing to install the new verison but emulator is fine.
    Any brave souls to try with their devices?
    P.S. I'm getting 1 of 12 hunks failed.
    P.P.S. Tried to disable rotation of the dash if the screen is off but can't test it on the emulator.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  19.    #39  
    Not a biggie. Even if it cant work perfectly i value cycling more than delete
    I know but bugs the hell out of me! ... and causes more taps and swipes than it saves
    One more thing I noticed even from the original patch is that it will stop cycling one in a while.

Not sure what causes that, at first I thought it was receiving another notification, or maybe maybe making a call. Will have to test some more. Luna restart fixes it.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast