webOS Nation Forums

webOS Nation Forums (/)
-   webOS Patches (http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-patches/)
-   -   [Patch] New Device Menu (http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-patches/320974-patch-new-device-menu.html)

Garrett92C 01/03/2013 03:17 PM

[Patch] New Device Menu

Development of this app/patch/theme has been halted, so this thread is no longer relevant. I'll be putting all my effort into cross-platform Enyo2 applications from now on. If you'd like to keep up with me and my latest work, you know where to find me. :)

Garrett

Adam Marks 01/03/2013 03:23 PM

awesome!

Adam Marks 01/03/2013 03:32 PM

One suggestion: when toggling WiFi or Bluetooth on/off, can you not close the device menu? it would be great if it could stay active until i manually dismiss it.

Garrett92C 01/03/2013 03:35 PM

[QUOTE=Adam Marks;3371346]One suggestion: when toggling WiFi or Bluetooth on/off, can you not close the device menu? it would be great if it could stay active until i manually dismiss it.[/QUOTE]

Sure thing. I'll add that to my list of things to do. :thumbsup:

Adam Marks 01/03/2013 03:36 PM

Got one thought. one thing that I miss with this new menu is knowing which WiFi network I am connected to, regardless of where I am in the device menu. Before, you could always see that. Now, you have to manually go into WiFi and look. Also, its a little off-putting not having a separate on/off toggle for WiFi.

So, any way to (1) change the WiFi to a on/off, and (2) somehow always show the WiFi network (if any) that you are connected to, just as you show the current date? what do you think?

Adam

geekpeter 01/03/2013 03:40 PM

not going to be able to recognise my own phone soon if you keep making all these new fancy patches :D

looks good, keep em coming \o/

Garrett92C 01/03/2013 03:47 PM

[QUOTE=Adam Marks;3371348]Got one thought. one thing that I miss with this new menu is knowing which WiFi network I am connected to, regardless of where I am in the device menu. Before, you could always see that. Now, you have to manually go into WiFi and look. Also, its a little off-putting not having a separate on/off toggle for WiFi.

So, any way to (1) change the WiFi to a on/off, and (2) somehow always show the WiFi network (if any) that you are connected to, just as you show the current date? what do you think?

Adam[/QUOTE]

I'm not quite sure I understand the Wifi on/off issue... :/

The other ideas are nice and I'll have to play around with them. :)

Garrett92C 01/03/2013 03:51 PM

[QUOTE=geekpeter;3371349]not going to be able to recognise my own phone soon if you keep making all these new fancy patches :D

looks good, keep em coming \o/[/QUOTE]

Well, the webOS phone UI has been pretty much the same for the past 3+ years. It was due for some updating! lol

Audemars02 01/03/2013 03:52 PM

[QUOTE=Garrett92C;3371350]I'm not quite sure I understand the Wifi on/off issue... :/

The other ideas are nice and I'll have to play around with them. :)[/QUOTE]

i guess i just meant that if you are already connected to a WiFi network, you dont see an option to turn off. You have to know to tap on the WiFi line that shows the current network. Same for Bluetooth. But i guess this is just me nitpicking.. its fine the way it is, but as I said before, I would like to know my WiFi network i am on regardless of where I am in the menu.

again, great work!

Garrett92C 01/03/2013 03:52 PM

FYI: I installed all of sconix's Advanced Menu patches (except Device Menu) and found that they place nicely with New Device Menu. :D

Garrett92C 01/03/2013 03:53 PM

[QUOTE=Audemars02;3371353]i guess i just meant that if you are already connected to a WiFi network, you dont see an option to turn off. You have to know to tap on the WiFi line that shows the current network. Same for Bluetooth. But i guess this is just me nitpicking.. its fine the way it is, but as I said before, I would like to know my WiFi network i am on regardless of where I am in the menu.

again, great work![/QUOTE]

Ah, ok. I'll see what I can do about making it more clear.

Garrett92C 01/03/2013 03:56 PM

Boo. It looks like the icon I used for the Phone tab is missing on some devices. I'll have to find a new one. The tab will still work fine; it's just missing the image.

broncot 01/03/2013 04:20 PM

I want this! My Pre 3 volume buttons don't work, I'd love a patch to control the volume instead of an app. But when I try to remove Jason's flashlight patch, I get an error. :(

cbosdell 01/03/2013 04:45 PM

Love this! You keep breathing new life into webOS. Thank you for all your work.

Semi-random question but is there any way to make this compatible/work with: [url]http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-homebrew-apps/310401-xwtweak-0-1-0-global-accelerometer-switch.html[/url]

It is an accelerometer switch for webOS (2x?). There is a patch file in there that adds an option to the device menu. Besides the flashlight it is one of my most-used things in the device menu.

geekpeter 01/03/2013 05:31 PM

6 of 12 hunks failed when modding devicemenu-assistant.js

time to track down which of my other device menu mods are clashing.

Audemars02 01/03/2013 05:39 PM

[QUOTE=geekpeter;3371372]6 of 12 hunks failed when modding devicemenu-assistant.js

time to track down which of my other device menu mods are clashing.[/QUOTE]

I had to remove the Device Menu megamix (duh!) and the Cycle WiFi in Menu patches

geekpeter 01/03/2013 05:44 PM

[QUOTE=Audemars02;3371373]I had to remove the Device Menu megamix (duh!) and the Cycle WiFi in Menu patches[/QUOTE]

already removed the device menu one, however now you mentioned Cycle WiFi, im up and running, cheers.

geekpeter 01/03/2013 05:50 PM

liking the patch so far Garrett, quick question, is it possible or dumb to be able to cycle through your tab/icons by sliding our finger from 1 icon to the next rather than tapping them individually.

again a nitpick request :D

also when there is a large list of items in the menu, like my long wifi list, can your tab icons remain at the top of the screen/list and the items list under them, so the icons remain visible at all times rather than vanish to the top of the list, requiring a scroll back to top to access another tab.

not sure if i made that last bit clear, i know what i mean in my head tho

rickeroo 01/03/2013 07:06 PM

Does not install on my Pre2 meta-doctored 2.2.4, just get continuous spinning circle...........?

Garrett92C 01/03/2013 08:18 PM

[QUOTE=broncot;3371359]I want this! My Pre 3 volume buttons don't work, I'd love a patch to control the volume instead of an app. But when I try to remove Jason's flashlight patch, I get an error. :([/QUOTE]

What kind of error are you getting when trying to remove Jason's patch?