webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > [Patch] New Device Menu
[Patch] New Device Menu
Like Tree94Likes

Old 01/31/2013, 10:20 PM   #161 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilotovef View Post
Can we donate you to help get a new Touchpad?
Honestly, I would rather you not donate for that specific purpose. You see, I had to sell my Touchpad a little while ago to help pay bills. Having the webOS community offer money to buy me something that I already had and sold seems kinda weird. It's not like my Touchpad broke or anything. Something about that wouldn't make me feel right...

I really appreciate the sentiment though! There's always a chance (albeit pretty small) that I'll end up buying another Touchpad someday. When/if I do, I already have some project ideas in mind for your guys.
Old 02/02/2013, 04:27 AM   #162 (permalink)

Ok Quick Install 4.4 failed but successfully installed with Internalz Pro.

Slight niggle, ROW should be aeroplane mode not airplane. Palm/HP got it right in the WebOS Doctor.
Jimbode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/2013, 07:21 AM   #163 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
issue for me: I get "ERROR" next to Data Network which doesn't change despite changing network settings, toggling Data on and off, or even an Airplane Mode toggle on-off. Complete Restart also didn't help. Good news: no functional problems despite this.
I had a thought that maybe this is a result of my FrankenPre on Sprint showing Verizon as the carrier under Device Info, even though it functions perfectly well on Sprint. (this is a Verizon Pre2 that was converted) Maybe your patch reads the network info/setting from the "wrong" source in this respect. (token issue or something?) I can deal with having "Verizon" on the mirror thingy, but would like your fantastic patch be just a little more perfect.
Old 02/03/2013, 11:30 PM   #164 (permalink)

I just had to change a friend's Veer language from Spanish to English for the patch to work (location was always USA). Thought this was worked around already? If a translation to Spanish is needed, I can help (already helped on another project. Actually it's all I can do ).
Old 02/25/2013, 11:32 AM   #165 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjstattoo View Post
<staff edit> Sorry for being rude. Please accept my apologies ..Thank you..
If you're going to be obnoxious about it, you'll probably end up in /b/ before it gets updated.

Last edited by sledge007; 02/25/2013 at 01:21 PM.
bassman97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/25/2013, 11:43 AM   #166 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
<staff edit> Sorry for being rude. Please accept my apologies ..Thank you.
Sorry, I've been busy with life stuff. webOS homebrew development is just an unpaid hobby of mine. Making a living always comes first.

Last edited by sledge007; 02/25/2013 at 01:22 PM.
Garrett92C is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by dkirker, sledge007 and jcmarcos like this.
Thanked by dkirker, jcmarcos
Old 02/26/2013, 12:22 AM   #167 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
Sorry, I've been busy with life stuff. webOS homebrew development is just an unpaid hobby of mine. Making a living always comes first.
I am very very sorry, please forgive my rudeness ,and I really like your New Device Menu.So thank you very much.
xjstattoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by jcmarcos and Garrett92C like this.
Old 02/27/2013, 09:26 AM   #168 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
I am very very sorry, please forgive my rudeness ,and I really like your New Device Menu.So thank you very much.
It's ok. My projects will get updated when I find some free time.
Thanked By: ulmens
Old 02/27/2013, 03:05 PM   #169 (permalink)

I've been using your patch (beta3 version) on my Veer since about 6 weeks and did not notice any problem. It is way more useful than the stock menu, really, the idea of grouping items per category using icons makes it really easy to use.

Thank you very much !

Lionel
TheOneill is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Garrett92C likes this.
Old 03/06/2013, 12:53 PM   #170 (permalink)

I'm trying to install this on my new backup Veer with hardly any patches. How long does it take to install? The circle keeps spinning round and round... Purchased from a retailer on Amazon.com and has AT&T on the back. Does this ensure the phone is the USA version?

Thanks in advance.
hangten10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/07/2013, 12:35 PM   #171 (permalink)

I've enjoyed this patch since it came out with no problems. However, in the last several days, my phone will turn off Data and the phone radio itself momentarily when I slide open and close the keyboard, then they both turn back on by themselves after 3 - 10 sec. I could reverse these changes by using the patch until I realized they reverse themselves, but it's becoming a PITA. I uninstalled the patch and reinstalled, but nothing changed. I'm afraid I'm looking at a hardware issue, though the behavior is so consistent with these particular actions. I'm running a FrankenPre 2 on Sprint since Nov 2011.

Any advice? suggestions?

UPDATE: Well, it ain't this patch. I uninstalled and re-installed Jason's MegaMix patch like I used to have, and the phone exhibits the same behavior. Dang! Looks surgery?!

Last edited by davidtm; 03/08/2013 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Updated
davidtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/11/2013, 04:51 PM   #172 (permalink)

Quote:
It is a rather large patch (1115 lines! ) so it may take longer than usual. I'm assuming you're trying to install through WebOS Quick Install?
same here...installing and nothing...I'm instalig using internalz pro/preware... Any ideas its mb a bug?
Gaga Djordjevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/12/2013, 08:57 PM   #173 (permalink)

Installing through Preware did not work for me but I was successful using Quick Install. Thank, it looks great!
hangten10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: ulmens
Old 03/12/2013, 10:40 PM   #174 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangten10 View Post
Installing through Preware did not work for me but I was successful using Quick Install. Thank, it looks great!
The patch IS great!! Very useful, better than stock and shows what a community can think of and do without the impedance of corporate. Sucks you couldn't stick.... Good luck!
ulmens is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Garrett92C likes this.
Thanked By: Garrett92C
Old 03/27/2013, 11:41 PM   #175 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulmens View Post
The patch IS great!! Very useful, better than stock and shows what a community can think of and do without the impedance of corporate. Sucks you couldn't stick.... Good luck!
Thanks man!

Sent from my Nexus 4
Old 03/28/2013, 12:42 AM   #176 (permalink)

Quote:
Important:
This project will no longer be receiving updates and should be considered "unsupported" from now on. Sorry guys... It's been a long, crazy ride but it's time for me to look towards the future. I stuck around for as long as I could. I'm sure we'll cross paths again on a different mobile OS.

Thank you very much for sharing your great skills in webOS and hope good luck on your other projects.

you could leave the code and documentation in case anyone wants to take charge of development?
MAMISHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Vistaus likes this.
Thanked By: Vistaus
Old 06/17/2013, 09:15 PM   #177 (permalink)

Even though you have stopped working on this, it would be nice to leave the last version of the patch so that people could use it??

What a complete waste of your time and effort to build something and then remove its existence from the world.
rmausser is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by sshaka and Remy X like this.
Thanked by Remy X, sshaka
Old 06/18/2013, 12:39 AM   #178 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choorp View Post
We need to sign in to make a download!?

Thanks in advance!!!

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Jailbreak / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
sshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/19/2013, 11:27 PM   #179 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshaka View Post
We need to sign in to make a download!?

Thanks in advance!!!
Just Zip them!!!
xjstattoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/01/2013, 11:39 AM   #180 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I figured I'd make these patches easier to find.

Tip: You can swipe in from the sides of the screen to change tabs.
Attached Files
File Type: patch NewDeviceMenu-beta3-usa.patch (60.0 KB, 22 views) Email Attachment
File Type: patch NewDeviceMenu-beta3-row.patch (135.7 KB, 27 views) Email Attachment
Choorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by Alan Morford, ananimus

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0