webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > [Patch] New Device Menu
[Patch] New Device Menu
Like Tree94Likes

Old 01/05/2013, 09:41 PM   #81 (permalink)

WRT to finding a space for new tabs, do what I did with the open card switcher in Universe's smart menu. You should be able to create a horizontally scrolling list, and use fade right and fade left arrows to indicate the ability to scroll horizontally. Then you can leave BT and Wifi, and add VPN and other device info (you might be able to even hook into Govnah to get CPU info, and show realtime graphs!).
Thanked by Adam Marks, Garrett92C
Old 01/05/2013, 09:56 PM   #82 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
WRT to finding a space for new tabs, do what I did with the open card switcher in Universe's smart menu. You should be able to create a horizontally scrolling list, and use fade right and fade left arrows to indicate the ability to scroll horizontally. Then you can leave BT and Wifi, and add VPN and other device info (you might be able to even hook into Govnah to get CPU info, and show realtime graphs!).
Oh, good idea! I'll start playing with that once I'm over being sick.
Old 01/05/2013, 10:16 PM   #83 (permalink)

Garrett - I love the new gestures to swipe between sections. It works just fine on my Pre3, but my unlocked Pre2 only supports the swipe from the right-bezel. When I try to swipe in from the left-bezel, nothing happens. any idea why that might be?

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
Audemars02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/05/2013, 10:20 PM   #84 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
Garrett - I love the new gestures to swipe between sections. It works just fine on my Pre3, but my unlocked Pre2 only supports the swipe from the right-bezel. When I try to swipe in from the left-bezel, nothing happens. any idea why that might be?
Strange. Both gesture bars are exactly the same, so I'm not sure why one would work and one wouldn't... They work fine on my Pre3 and Veer. Hmm...
Old 01/05/2013, 10:31 PM   #85 (permalink)

I don't know. Gesture switch tabs doesn't work at all on my Pre3.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
matchqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/05/2013, 10:34 PM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchqq View Post
I don't know. Gesture switch tabs doesn't work at all on my Pre3.

you have to swipe in from the bezel of the screen. So start on the edge of the phone (outside the touchscreen area) and swipe in. try that!

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
Audemars02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: matchqq
Old 01/06/2013, 04:38 AM   #87 (permalink)

Installed it on a ROW Pre3. Everything seems to work except the Rotation Lock
Edit: Rotation Lock works too! I just didn't notice that it requires xwTweak

Last edited by Jive Turkey; 01/07/2013 at 02:04 AM.
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2013, 07:15 AM   #88 (permalink)

Perfect menu mod.
Vote for "Turn Off After" to be added to Screen Tab.
r1vver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2013, 08:05 AM   #89 (permalink)

Awesome!
But if I want to use VPN tab and Luna Restar(Reboot) while I don't want Bluetooth tab,then what should I do?So can you update this patch to make us can hide or show this tab,just like the sconix's Advanced Device Menu patches.
Attached Images
File Type: png 1606031fipmype9p3dempf.png (98.3 KB, 48 views) Email Attachment
xjstattoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2013, 08:12 AM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
Strange. Both gesture bars are exactly the same, so I'm not sure why one would work and one wouldn't... They work fine on my Pre3 and Veer. Hmm...
Can you change the "the side bezel" to whole bezel not the upper half。。。
xjstattoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2013, 08:18 AM   #91 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Love this! Are you going to make it TP-compatible?

Isis Web - the successor of the Touchpad's stock web browser
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2013, 09:27 AM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
Love this! Are you going to make it TP-compatible?

Might be tricky, since the menu in webOX 3.x is native code.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2013, 11:38 AM   #93 (permalink)

Thanks for all the improvements/tweaks!

My phone's not downloading from the link in Post #1 - are we still having to load from WOSQI or Internalz? It'd be nice to do this through Preware. (you know, in your free time - ;-))
Old 01/06/2013, 12:08 PM   #94 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Might be tricky, since the menu in webOX 3.x is native code.
Isn't it part of webOS CE code released by HP?

Old 01/06/2013, 12:15 PM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
Isn't it part of webOS CE code released by HP?

Yes, but what I mean is there needs to be significant efforts put in if the menu was to be customizable. It can't be a simple patch, unless someone implements a sort of plugins system for Luna.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2013, 12:22 PM   #96 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Agree, probably needs C instead of HTML and Javascript :-) Could be enabled via Tweaks like all other LunaCE options?

Old 01/06/2013, 12:46 PM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
Installed it on a ROW Pre3. Everything seems to work except the Rotation Lock
It works for me (Pre3 in german language). Be sure you have xwTweak installed. It doesn't work without the app.

Few thoughts:
- Volume sliders take up too much space (as mentioned earlier by someone)
- Brightness only goes down to 1% compared to 0% in other brightness in device menu patches (no biggie though)

Translation issues with DE:
Not everything is translated. For instance: wifi and bt are 'ein' (on) or 'aus' (off), whereas gps and google services are 'on/off' instead of 'ein/aus' - it's missing a translation. Same with 'Brightness' which should be 'Helligkeit'.

The function 'roam only' ('nur durchstreifen' in german) is not needed. One cannot roam in germany, only in other countries. Would be great to disable it (or have us disable it with Tweaks). An option for disabling I'd wish for 'Phone Radio' ('Telefon Radio') aswell. Airplane mode is enough for me. One can always reenable wifi in airplane mode if necessary. Usually when I want to disable the Phone Radio I want wifi disabled aswell.

Gesture inconsistency: To switch between apps with a full swipe we make a gesture from right to left to switch to the app on the right of the one used. Do the same swipe (from right to left) in your device menu we switch to the content left of the one currently displayed. The gesture controls the tab icons instead of the content which feels really odd to me.

Oh, almost forgot. I had problems installing the patch on my Pre3 even after uninstalling older device menu patches. The error message indicated that the .../resources/es/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html and .../resources/fr/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html could not be overwritten. I uninstalled a few more patches (though they imo didn't change anything in devicemenu-scene) without success. I ended up removing the es and fr parts in the patch and was able to install the patch after that. Really weird.

Last edited by DocJones; 01/06/2013 at 12:52 PM.
DocJones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2013, 01:09 PM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
Same issue on my Sprint FrankenPre 2. Fortunately, you can continue swiping from the right and go from WiFi to Phone ("tab wrap", as it were). Also, I find it easier to just tap the tab I need.

Another issue for me: I get "ERROR" next to Data Network which doesn't change despite changing network settings, toggling Data on and off, or even an Airplane Mode toggle on-off. Complete Restart also didn't help. Good news: no functional problems despite this.

Again, great work on this fantastic patch! It really seems to open new doors GUI- and function-wise.
Old 01/06/2013, 01:50 PM   #99 (permalink)

Thanks Garret to keep our hope in webOS.
Send donation $20.
Thanked By: Garrett92C
Old 01/06/2013, 03:15 PM   #100 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

this patch and your (just installed) glass effect suite makes feel like having a new Pre3 (EU german). Works great no swip probs.
Some german translation 'errors':
•"Nur durchstreifen", will be roaming which is also called 'Roaming' in german (don't know what this 'Only Roaming' means.

•"Brightness" is "Helligkeit"
•"Ringtone" is "Klingelton"

And i found one (very rare) problem:
1. i have no SIM card in Test-Pre3
2. that's why i turn off Telephone - Radio
3. If i then try to toggle 'only roaming' an error seem to be displayed on top outside the screen. Perhaps something like : 'you have to be connected for this function OK'
4. i just can see lower 3rd of the gray OK button lying ON TOP of status bar

Last edited by gizmo21; 01/06/2013 at 05:51 PM.
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0