webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > [Patch] New Device Menu
[Patch] New Device Menu
  Reply
Like Tree92Likes

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01/04/2013, 06:25 PM   #61 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMeister View Post
In this way should he do a specifically patch for each language?
Well ... to make this patch completly language independent, devicemenu-scene.html for every language should be patched. It will properly enlarge patch size. On the other side ... WebOS will pick the right one for you, so dont worry about patching language files, you never use!
michel_ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/2013, 07:39 PM   #62 (permalink)
Member
 
DMeister's Avatar
 
Posts: 82
I fixed so:

I've replaced in .../resources/it/views... the new files created on usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/ (devicemenu-scene.html and devicemenu-scene.html.webosinternals...) and it works good!

Thanks for the tip!
__________________
webOS Italia Community Manager

User of webOS 2.2.4 on Pre-/ Pre3 & webOS 3.0.5 on HP TouchPad
DMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Garrett92C likes this.
Old 01/04/2013, 07:41 PM   #63 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer
 
Garrett92C's Avatar
 
Posts: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMeister View Post
I fixed so:

I've replaced in .../resources/it/views... the new files created on usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/ (devicemenu-scene.html and devicemenu-scene.html.webosinternals...) and it works good!

Thanks for the tip!
I'll include these fixes in tomorrow's update. Thanks guys!
__________________
Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
Garrett92C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/05/2013, 12:06 AM   #64 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer
 
Posts: 2,103
The only thing i liked about that Ubuntu mobile presentation was the device menu, and on the same day you release this patch

So i'm patiently waiting for that ROW version to test.

As I have the Advanced Device Menu, are you considering adding temp/batt values and jumppoints to all the respective fullblown setting pages (wifi/gps/bt...)?
__________________
Patch Enhancing vCard Export -|- Your own cloud with Zarafa (EAS sync) -|-
Tasks-app of 2.x on 3.x incl.EAS sync -|- SYM key in Enyo on phones -|- My hidden webOS Tips and Tricks - like it ?
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/05/2013, 12:26 AM   #65 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer
 
Garrett92C's Avatar
 
Posts: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
The only thing i liked about that Ubuntu mobile presentation was the device menu, and on the same day you release this patch

So i'm patiently waiting for that ROW version to test.

As I have the Advanced Device Menu, are you considering adding temp/batt values and jumppoints to all the respective fullblown setting pages (wifi/gps/bt...)?
It's strange how that worked out. I got the idea for this patch and started working on it the day before Ubuntu's announcement. The same thing happened with my ThumbNav patch and Google's then-new "Quick Controls" in the stock Android web browser.

Yes, battery percentage, temperature, and other info is on my to-do list. I just need to find a good place to put them. There are already jump points to the settings apps included in the current version.

I'll definitely have a ROW version of this patch ready tomorrow. Right now, I'm cleaning up all the code to make things easier for myself. Since I don't need to worry about patch conflicts anymore, I can rewrite a lot of stuff to better fit my patch.
__________________
Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
Garrett92C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/05/2013, 03:29 AM   #66 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer
 
Garrett92C's Avatar
 
Posts: 401
This will be included in tomorrow's update.



Now, sleep.
__________________
Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
Garrett92C is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp and jcmarcos like this.
Thanked by bigdoby, namgod, Rnp
Old 01/05/2013, 05:16 AM   #67 (permalink)
Member
 
geekpeter's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
This will be included in tomorrow's update.

Click to view quoted image


Now, sleep.
drifting away from your own new tabbed theme/style

lose the dropdown and make 3 icons to the right of the Data Network Text all on 1 line, re-use maybe the icons already on device for 3G, 2G, and some form of "A" for the 3 icons to tap.
__________________
Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<

Last edited by geekpeter; 01/05/2013 at 05:34 AM.
geekpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Garrett92C likes this.
Old 01/05/2013, 05:32 AM   #68 (permalink)
Member
 
geekpeter's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
It's strange how that worked out. I got the idea for this patch and started working on it the day before Ubuntu's announcement. The same thing happened with my ThumbNav patch and Google's then-new "Quick Controls" in the stock Android web browser.

Yes, battery percentage, temperature, and other info is on my to-do list. I just need to find a good place to put them. There are already jump points to the settings apps included in the current version.

I'll definitely have a ROW version of this patch ready tomorrow. Right now, I'm cleaning up all the code to make things easier for myself. Since I don't need to worry about patch conflicts anymore, I can rewrite a lot of stuff to better fit my patch.
merge your bluetooth and wifi sections, call them something different like maybe just "Mobile Connections" or similar, then use your free'd up tabslot for a "info" tab where battery/temp/other random info can go.

perhaps make the battery temp, battery % etc all horizontal bars similar in looks to the volume slider only maybe chunkier, i think some1 else mentioned once they aquired better battery information via dr battery, dont know if that meant pulling info from the app itsself or from the code but its another idea.

another idea for the "info" tab suggestion would be, yes you guessed it your weather widget, is it posible to click "Weather" and a modified version of your weather widget appears under until dismissed, cant squash it into 1 line so maybe could be mashed into 2 lines.

I understand thats different to your dashboard one for phones but im also guessing it would bypass the issue you have with your normal phone/touchpad widget in that they cant currently autostart on bootup, im further guessing being rolled into your device patch would mean it would be available on bootup?
__________________
Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
geekpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/05/2013, 06:25 AM   #69 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 270
The idea, to make this patch modular, is great. I dont need a lot of features like Airlane mode and so on. So if you need help, just say

I could help to make localized (german) version too

Last edited by michel_ng; 01/05/2013 at 06:31 AM.
michel_ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/05/2013, 06:55 AM   #70 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMeister View Post
In this way should he do a specifically patch for each language?

Bingo. I've replaced in .../resources/it/views... the new files, devicemenu-scene.html and devicemenu-scene.html.webosinternals... created on usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/ and it works good!
Hi,
thanks for this solution. I just make a copy of the patched file in the .../de/view/... folder, restart Luna and it works.
Great Patch, thanks for your work.

davodego
davodego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/05/2013, 10:53 AM   #71 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 68
this patch is brilliant makes my phone feel like new.

kind regards,
PD
Paul_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/05/2013, 11:35 AM   #72 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer
 
Posts: 2,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
merge your bluetooth and wifi sections, call them something different like maybe just "Mobile Connections" or similar, then use your free'd up tabslot for a "info" tab where battery/temp/other random info can go.
and add VPN (also avail in Sconix Menu)
__________________
Patch Enhancing vCard Export -|- Your own cloud with Zarafa (EAS sync) -|-
Tasks-app of 2.x on 3.x incl.EAS sync -|- SYM key in Enyo on phones -|- My hidden webOS Tips and Tricks - like it ?
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by geekpeter likes this.
Old 01/05/2013, 03:41 PM   #73 (permalink)
Member
 
davidtm's Avatar
 
Posts: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
merge your bluetooth and wifi sections, call them something different like maybe just "Mobile Connections" or similar, then use your free'd up tabslot for a "info" tab where battery/temp/other random info can go.

idea for the "info" tab suggestion would be, yes you guessed it your weather widget, is it posible to click "Weather" and a modified version of your weather widget appears under until dismissed, cant squash it into 1 line so maybe could be mashed into 2 lines.
+1 on these ideas!
__________________
No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
davidtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/05/2013, 04:02 PM   #74 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer
 
Garrett92C's Avatar
 
Posts: 401
Top post updated with new patches!

Changelog
v4 (beta 3)
- Added Data Network switcher
- Added gesture controls to swipe between tabs
- Moved the device menu to center of screen
- A bit of restyling here and there
- Major code cleanup
- Added separate ROW version

Now I'm going to go lay down. My friend gave me the flu...
__________________
Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
Garrett92C is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp and DMeister like this.
Thanked by cbosdell, DMeister, g7, jcmarcos, Rnp
Old 01/05/2013, 04:29 PM   #75 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
Top post updated with new patches!

Changelog
v4 (beta 3)
- Added Data Network switcher
- Added gesture controls to swipe between tabs
- Moved the device menu to center of screen
- A bit of restyling here and there
- Major code cleanup
- Added separate ROW version

Now I'm going to go lay down. My friend gave me the flu...
Get well soon, this patch is great
ulmens is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp likes this.
Thanked by Garrett92C, Rnp
Old 01/05/2013, 05:06 PM   #76 (permalink)
Member
 
broncot's Avatar
 
Posts: 942
Is there a different procedure to update the patch or is it just installed through WSQI?
__________________
My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
broncot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/05/2013, 05:11 PM   #77 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer
 
Garrett92C's Avatar
 
Posts: 401
Just remove the old version and install the new one.

-- Sent via mobile
__________________
Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
Garrett92C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/05/2013, 05:12 PM   #78 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 290
Get some rest, ignore your 'friend' and buy yourself a beer (or 2) with my donation.

Thanks for your hard work and dedication.
MikeN68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp and Garrett92C like this.
Thanked by Garrett92C, Rnp
Old 01/05/2013, 09:13 PM   #79 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer
 
Garrett92C's Avatar
 
Posts: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeN68 View Post
Get some rest, ignore your 'friend' and buy yourself a beer (or 2) with my donation.

Thanks for your hard work and dedication.
Thank you very much!

Just woke up from a four hour nap. It was nice. lol
__________________
Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
Garrett92C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/05/2013, 09:37 PM   #80 (permalink)
Member
 
dkirker's Avatar
 
Posts: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
There's definitely a lot that can by done with my patch. I'm always welcome to ideas anyone may have. Feel free to play around with the code.
Definitely! I'll toss some ideas around!
__________________
The comments and thoughts expressed on this discussion board are strictly my own and are not those of OpenMobl Systems.
dkirker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

 

Thread Tools
Display Modes



 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0