webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > [Patch] New Device Menu
[Patch] New Device Menu
Like Tree92Likes

Old 01/04/2013, 08:30 AM   #41 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

@ you ROW Pre3 guys

I'm not sure why it won't work on your devices and I'm not sure how to troubleshoot it. I'll look into it though and try to fix it...
Old 01/04/2013, 08:32 AM   #42 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
I already have Sconix' nice Advanced System Menus, and I believe I should uninstall "device menu", keeping all other "advanced system menus" patches, such as "framework", of course.
New Device Menu is compatible with all of Sconix's Advanced Menu patches except Advanced Device Menu of course.
Thanked By: jcmarcos
Old 01/04/2013, 08:33 AM   #43 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdoby View Post
I would love 2G, 3G and Auto too.
Thanks a lot!
I'll see about adding that in the next update.
Thanked by andyhurley, bigdoby, Rnp
Old 01/04/2013, 08:39 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
Hmm, where do these lines appear when you notice them? Are the horizontal or vertical?
That's probably just webOS's rendering problems. It has nothing to do with your patch.

Quote:
@ you ROW Pre3 guys

I'm not sure why it won't work on your devices and I'm not sure how to troubleshoot it. I'll look into it though and try to fix it...
It's not a problem with ROW Pre 3's. Works fine on mine.

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
isagar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/2013, 08:41 AM   #45 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
That's probably just webOS's rendering problems. It has nothing to do with your patch.
I thought so. I've noticed those rendering issue pretty frequently on my Pre3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
It's not a problem with ROW Pre 3's. Works fine on mine.
Ok, maybe it's due to Regional Settings? I had one report that changing your Regional Settings to USA fixes this. I'd still like to find a way to avoid having to do this though....
Old 01/04/2013, 08:48 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncot View Post
I want this! My Pre 3 volume buttons don't work, I'd love a patch to control the volume instead of an app. But when I try to remove Jason's flashlight patch, I get an error.
I ran EPR and was able to install this patch, thanks for adding xwTweak support! Working great on my VZW Pre 3
Old 01/04/2013, 09:34 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok, maybe it's due to Regional Settings? I had one report that changing your Regional Settings to USA fixes this. I'd still like to find a way to avoid having to do this though....
Just set my ROW Pre3 to USA: That worked! Thus it has to do with the regional settings! OK, uninstalling again now and reset to Germany! If I can help to debug, let me know!
mgmft is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp likes this.
Old 01/04/2013, 09:42 AM   #48 (permalink)

it definitely has something to do with Regional Settings. I switched to English and the patch worked. When I switched batch to Italian the menu was gone again.
I can handle English, but would love to have it working in other Regional Settings (Italian ) too, let me know how I can help.
bigdoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp likes this.
Old 01/04/2013, 11:14 AM   #49 (permalink)
g7

The menu also doesn't appear on ROW 2.2.4 (EU pre3).

I do not know if it helps... but there are some topbar patches (for example sconix's advanced ones) that have two versions: one for ROW and one for at&t/vzw. By analizing the patches, I see that the ROW ones are adding lines to every localized strings.json. That may explain the Localization Settings thing, as US doesn't need localized strings.

For reference:
Advanced System Menus - Device menu (ATT/VZW) - 1753 lines:
https://github.com/webos-internals/p...menu-vzw.patch

Adavanced System Menus - Device menu (ROW) - 3284 lines:
https://github.com/webos-internals/p...ice-menu.patch

Anyway, awesome work!
Eugenio

Comfortably numb since 1996.

Frankenpre³ EU 16 GB
g7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Garrett92C
Old 01/04/2013, 11:23 AM   #50 (permalink)

Just installed on my Sprint FrankenPre 2 running 2.2.4 with no issues (after removing Device Menu Megamix patch).

Thanks!!
davidtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/2013, 11:25 AM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by g7 View Post
The menu also doesn't appear on ROW 2.2.4 (EU pre3).

I do not know if it helps... but there are some topbar patches (for example sconix's advanced ones) that have two versions: one for ROW and one for at&t/vzw. By analizing the patches, I see that the ROW ones are adding lines to every localized strings.json. That may explain the Localization Settings thing, as US doesn't need localized strings.

For reference:
Advanced System Menus - Device menu (ATT/VZW) - 1753 lines:
https://github.com/webos-internals/p...menu-vzw.patch

Adavanced System Menus - Device menu (ROW) - 3284 lines:
https://github.com/webos-internals/p...ice-menu.patch

Anyway, awesome work!
Eugenio
the difference in size is maybe windows/linux new line formatting? or is it something totally different?

i do remember something not quite the same but still weird, a patch wouldnt install as it said 1 of my luna files wasnt the right one, i ended up just resaving the file using linux formatting in internalZ and the patch worked after that.
Old 01/04/2013, 11:31 AM   #52 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

That helps a lot actually. Thanks!

-- Sent via mobile
Old 01/04/2013, 11:49 AM   #53 (permalink)

another query, all looks great after using it for nearly a full day, only thing that doesnt seem to "fit in" imho is the volume tab, there is onyl 3 entries yet they take up rather a large amount of vertical screen estate.

wondered if the words, ringtone/media/system could be replaced for small icons, the slider then sitting direct to the right of those icons, and the %amount on the end (if the % is even needed at all, to me its not important as i get a rough idea form the sliders anyways) of the sliders, so that only 1 compact horizontal line is used instead of 2.

only say this as it looks rather big having the titles/% on 1 line, the slider on another then the dividers on a final one, taking 3 "lines" up, its only 3 entries yet i still get the requirement of sliding it up/down because their taking a huge amount of space up.

again only thought of this when again looking back at dkirkers suggestion of modularity and other devs adding to your work, that particular section is cramped already and would end up huge with more stuffed in it. everything else you have looks nice and compact already tho.

also is the indented horizontal bar on the far bottom of the menus required? i know its small but its more screen space, and looks a bit weird seeing it on your device menu and none of the others if using sconix's boltins, drop calendar or mode switcher menus and their clearly missing the indentations.

....enough nit picking, still love it.
Old 01/04/2013, 12:34 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmft View Post
Just set my ROW Pre3 to USA: That worked! Thus it has to do with the regional settings! OK, uninstalling again now and reset to Germany! If I can help to debug, let me know!
Solution is pretty simple. On non-english devices (for example german) you need to patch /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/de/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html instead of /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html to get device menu working!
michel_ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: DMeister
Old 01/04/2013, 02:27 PM   #55 (permalink)

Looks awesome garrett, great work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
i guess i just meant that if you are already connected to a WiFi network, you dont see an option to turn off. You have to know to tap on the WiFi line that shows the current network. Same for Bluetooth. But i guess this is just me nitpicking.. its fine the way it is, but as I said before, I would like to know my WiFi network i am on regardless of where I am in the menu.

again, great work!
Being able to see wifi and bluetooth device would be awesome (I have way to many BT devices)
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/2013, 03:12 PM   #56 (permalink)

Another great addition to my Pre3! Love it!

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
kevets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/2013, 03:32 PM   #57 (permalink)

Nice Patch! ...and it works well. I'm running on a VZPre2. The "Phone " icon is missing, but the blank area selects the phone preferences.
Pilot 1000 w/5000 upgrade > Palm Pilot Pro w/2meg hand soldered ram > M130 > TX > VZPre+ oc1ghz webOS 2.1 +classic +flash +2.2.4 Bluetooth > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > TouchPad 32gb LunaCE w/cyanogen dual boot > Motorola Bionic ( What the hell was I thinking?)
namgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/2013, 04:36 PM   #58 (permalink)

Garret, you has raised the quality of the UI.
The operation has nothing to do with the locale settings but with the language.
I hope we can soon put it to work in other languages​​.
Thank you very much for your work.
s3rgei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/2013, 06:08 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3rgei View Post
Garret, you has raised the quality of the UI.
The operation has nothing to do with the locale settings but with the language.
I hope we can soon put it to work in other languages​​.
Thank you very much for your work.
True, made some tests and changing only the language in US it works.

User of webOS 2.2.4 on Pre-/ Pre3 & webOS 3.0.5 on HP TouchPad
DMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/2013, 06:12 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michel_ng View Post
Solution is pretty simple. On non-english devices (for example german) you need to patch /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/de/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html instead of /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html to get device menu working!
In this way should he do a specifically patch for each language?

Bingo. I've replaced in .../resources/it/views... the new files, devicemenu-scene.html and devicemenu-scene.html.webosinternals... created on usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/ and it works good!

User of webOS 2.2.4 on Pre-/ Pre3 & webOS 3.0.5 on HP TouchPad

Last edited by DMeister; 01/04/2013 at 07:11 PM.
DMeister is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0