Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011
Like Tree99Likes
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    I was going to say probably just the huge list of Advanced System Menu and its Framework were conflicting. I had no issue installing Battery As Percent and Icon with this patch installed, though I removed all my Menu patches before trying to install this.
    Yep, New Device Menu is compatible with all of the Advanced patches (besides Advanced Device Menu, of course).

Holy cow. With this and xwTweak 0.2.1... why did I not do it sooner?! Fantastic work, all. Only other menu bar thing i added back was for the battery icon. This is slick as !
    Thanks!
    ananimus likes this.
    *note sure if Choorp is Garrett in disguise*

Was the source for this left around for development? Does Garrett still take thanks-donations?

In short, who do I have to bribe for a VPN button at the top of the wifi panel? VPN so little the app is fine, but seems lots of folks would like it.
    *note sure if Choorp is Garrett in disguise*

Was the source for this left around for development? Does Garrett still take thanks-donations?

In short, who do I have to bribe for a VPN button at the top of the wifi panel? VPN so little the app is fine, but seems lots of folks would like it.
    Choorp = Garret. He used to have the patches on GitHub but his GitHub seems empty. Will contact him by Twitter!
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    ananimus likes this.
    I was going to say probably just the huge list of Advanced System Menu and its Framework were conflicting
    Well in my case removing all the patches wasn't enough, which is a shame because I had already installed this patch previously so I know it works on my phone, but then had to remove again all the patches for other reasons, and since then this patch won't install anymore even with no patches in it, something must've happened to my phone between these operations but I haven't got a clue what, another thing that I noticed is that Mode Switcher doesn't work properly anymore, meaning it works but if I leave it on the mobile carrier won't show and instead there's a constant "searching network" plus the right top bar is not responsive, again if there's a connection I haven't got a clue.
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Choorp = Garret. Will contact him by Twitter!
    Saw that! Thanks. And would like to float you some beer money either way, Garrett, but don't see your donation link anywhere anymore either!

Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    Well in my case removing all the patches wasn't enough, which is a shame because I had already installed this patch previously so I know it works on my phone,..
    Ew. It sounds to me like some patch either wasn't removed or wasn't removed cleanly. Full EPR just doesn't do it? Maybe a dev can comment, but that's sounding like Doctor territory to me. In my experience it can get unfortunately grey when using unreleased patches.
    Ew. It sounds to me like some patch either wasn't removed or wasn't removed cleanly. Full EPR just doesn't do it? Maybe a dev can comment, but that's sounding like Doctor territory to me. In my experience it can get unfortunately grey when using unreleased patches.
    I know, that's why I try and stick with the patches I know they don't give problems, this time something happened but given that emergency patch recovery didn't work I'm not even sure it's a patch issue so not really prepared to doctor it, as much as I may like the new device menu.
    I tried again EPR just because I'm very very stubborn, the outcome is the same, patch won't install but the error is different, now installing it from Internalz it gives "patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line" error, whether that's good or bad news (or indifferent news) I woulodn't have a clue.
    Last edited by crowning73; 02/11/2014 at 11:01 AM.
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Anybody have this patch? I replaced my Pre3 and want it on the new device!
    TIA!
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Choorp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Anybody have this patch? I replaced my Pre3 and want it on the new device!
    TIA!
    [Patch] New Device Menu
    I doctored my Pre3 yet this patch won't install, this time is not giving any error, it just gets stuck loading forever, similar issue anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    I doctored my Pre3 yet this patch won't install, this time is not giving any error, it just gets stuck loading forever, similar issue anyone?
    First I've heard about this patch. Another that probably could help build a homebrewed webos2.3 doctor...

Any way i tried each link direct from device.

Link in post 180 opened the file as a text document. Fail

Link in post 190 started a download. Tried to install the dl by opening with internalz but it said there was nothing in the file but garbage. That's what it said! Haha fail

anyway I'm about to try downloading either link to pc and installing with wosqi next.
    guess i can't install this with wosqi either. wosqi says connecting to the patch, but it's spinning indefinitely.

have to force close wosqi now using task manager since the connecting dialog box doesn't have a cancel and won't close. phone is in dev, not usb. well it was.

SUCCESSFUL INSTALL:
    now i'm putting into usb mode, putting the patch file into /media/internal by moving it to the Pre E: drive folder thru the PC. now using internalz to open and install. it seems to be working.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHY IT DIDN'T INSTALL with wosqi? is it because wosqi hasn't been updated and is stuck on the feeds that still go to .org?

regardless, FIRST IMPRESSION is positive. looks completely different with little icon bar at the top. i like it.
    crowning73 likes this.
    May as well update this thread for future searchers.

Using this for a few weeks now on pre2 with 2.24 and i like it a lot. Works well.

Side- swipe-to-change tabs issue described above is a non-issue to me as i navigate by tapping the appropriate, recognizable icon on top. Menus look good.

My bt connecting and disconnecting seems to have improved. Pairing to my LG bt stereo headset seems significantly less annoying lately. (But i have also given up on Pandora app and only stream via Apollo {while the stock music player is on standby. This overcomes Apollo's bt audio bug} which i think has also improved my streaming experience significantly)

I like having the separate audio sliders. I do have the "error" designation for my network as this is a vzn chassis on Sprint. I disregard it.

I was able to successfully reinstall the top bar patch i had removed for its installation. I use the " date with lower case am/pm" patch.

Once have i had it lock up. I have just duplicated this, so don't do this unless you want to reboot:
    In the phone tab, turn off phone. Data goes off with it. Turn data on. Fail prompts a truncated grey button in the top bar.
    The entire top bar instead appeared to be the bottom half of a grey button as wide as the screen. I could not read what it said on the button but it looked lie the bottom edge of "OK". I could not tap the visible portion to activate the button. I could not drag it down into the screen to view. Opening an app which forced full screen did not change the condition once closed. The button persisted in open apps that were not full screen, so those apps had no preferences button available in the top left. This made the phone unusable and a reboot was required. I used Device Info app to restart and issue was gone. So a reset button could be useful. Or this error function could just be removed. AND THIS IS AVOIDED simply by turning phone back on first and then turning data on secondly.

So it seems very good if you'd like a little change of config that still feels very OEM. Thanks for making this available to us!! =)
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 09/18/2014 at 01:40 PM.
    Choorp likes this.
    I wanted to bump this thread as i recently revived/charged my two Pre3s due to the shutdown news; and I had this awesome work on both devices already.

This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    cbosdell likes this.
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    I wanted to bump this thread as i recently revived/charged my two Pre3s due to the shutdown news; and I had this awesome work on both devices already.

I find the ipk. where I can download it?
    Thank you so much for including separate volume sliders.

I disassembled my phone to clean it with alcohol and a swab, after spilling soda in it when the guy in front of me leaned his seat back. Why don't airplane trays have deeper drink holders yet? Flew two hours with a crotch full of soda. Yay.

Even though it only got a little wet on one side before i could grab and dry it off, it must have got a little inside.
    My slider got too sticky to open with one thumb. I cleaned everything i could in there, reassembled and it felt great again. But apparently i kinked the volume ribbon. Even though the button clicks, it doesn't decrease the volume. I was almost really really unhappy until i remembered there's a patch for volume sliders, and when i didn't see it in Preware i realized it was already installed and part of this awesome menu mod.

So thanks again!
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
    I find the ipk. where I can download it?
    The patches are attached to the first post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Choorp View Post
    The patches are attached to the first post.
    Please. Error.

Enviado desde mi GT-I8190 usando Tapatalk 2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Hi,

Been using that patch for years now and still find it very useful !

I wrote a small modification of the patch to add a new menu alloawing to quickly switch from modes to modes (e.g. from a home mode with 3G, wifi and BT enabled to a battery saving mode with data disabled with intermediate modes). I modified the files quickly so for the time being I have no patch file to share but if someone is interested I write it, with locale in english (base is in French).

Lionel
    Attached Images Attached Images
    vgg, Choorp and guilledil like this.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011