Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Like Tree99Likes
    Oh very nice. I'll update my bookmark for the master.zip now!
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Got 3 questions related to BT on my Veer:

1. Seems like sometimes after connecting/selecting BT the screen is unresponsive and I need to press the gesture area before it responds again?

2. With a too long BT device name it looks strange on the line. Dk we need some tweaking or truncating? Can post a screen if you want.

3. Also BT connection doesn't seem to connect properly (no sound via BT in music app). This could be my Logitech Headset thoug, need to check on my wife's 2.2.4 Veer.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Global Posts
    612 Global Posts
    For issue (3) does your headset support A2DP or only the voice profiles? Without A2DP you won't be able to hear any music. For issue (1) I've never noticed that on my Veer but bluetooth is so dependent on the vagaries of the individual devices, maybe it's your headset confusing it in some way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post

1. Seems like sometimes after connecting/selecting BT the screen is unresponsive and I need to press the gesture area before it responds again?

2. With a too long BT device name it looks strange on the line. Dk we need some tweaking or truncating? Can post a screen if you want.

3. Also BT connection doesn't seem to connect properly (no sound via BT in music app). This could be my Logitech Headset thoug, need to check on my wife's 2.2.4 Veer.

1. My Pre 3 hangs a bit in general when connecting to a bluetooth device.

2. I haven't tested this but that would annoy me too.

3. I have an unplug 100 BT speaker that I always have to trick to connect to my TP. It usally involves turning on the speaker, connecting the TP to it, disabling bluetooth on the TP, then reenabling, and connecting it again. Annoying but it works.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post

1. I didn't notice this in testing. Hmm...

2. I never actually connected a Bluetooth device to any of my webOS phones, so I guess I missed this.I would assume that the patch would need a little tweaking to truncate if a name is too long.

3. As I mentioned in #2, I never uses a Bluetooth device with a webOS phone so I can't really comment on this.

Unfortunately, I haven't been involved in webOS homebrew in a while and am not supporting my old projects anymore. I'm just too busy with other, newer things... Everything is open source though! Anyone can jump into the code and start changing/fixing things.
    FWIW, the Bluetooth stack in webOS can be very picky.... I've seen some really odd device incompatibilities....
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Never had issues with my SE MW-600, started with this new Logitech H800 which I got around the same time as New Device Menu. It connects, I hear the beep in the headset but doesn't play music... Turn off BT, turn on, reconnect and it works. Will try to see if it's the device or the patch ;-)

Last edited by Herrie; 10/02/2013 at 02:03 AM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    This patch is a masterpiece, I experience some little issues very rarely (it's said to be a beta, after all). It's a true and great improvement, maybe the best top-bar/device menu among smartphones (there are no notifications, but webOS has a different way to handle them and we love it, don't we?).
    I'm not sure where I can get this patch. My Tweaks doesn't show any TopBar options so I need some sort of top bar menu. Should I need to add feeds to Preware to see this?
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    One of these should be what you're looking for. Download the first one if you're using a US device.

NewDeviceMenu-beta3-usa.patch
    NewDeviceMenu-beta3-row.patch
    ananimus likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Choorp View Post
    One of these should be what you're looking for. Download the first one if you're using a US device.

NewDeviceMenu-beta3-usa.patch
    NewDeviceMenu-beta3-row.patch
    Hi, thanks but not sure what I should do with that script, I expected an ipk or a feed string.
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    Hi, thanks but not sure what I should do with that script, I expected an ipk or a feed string.
    The items I linked are patches. All you need to do is download the file and install it with WebOS Quick Install, Internalz, or Preware(?).
    To answer your ?, Preware does not support .patch files.
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    To answer your ?, Preware does not support .patch files.
    Ah, thanks. It's been so long that I couldn't remember if it did or not.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by DMeister View Post
    to fix any problem you have due the previous patches about device menu just:
    1. open with a zip decompressor your official doctor
    2. pick up the entire folder "luna-systemui" (you will find it under resources/webOS.tar/nova-cust-image-mantaray.rootfs.tar.gz/usr/lib/luna/system
    3. replace the entire folder on your webOS 2.x device in /usr/lib/luna/system with Internalz Pro (with Master Mode enabled) - yes the entire folder
    4. restart luna
    5. go on preware, remove all top bar icons [if you have] (battery, gps, h-4.3g...) and re-install them - one at once, it's better.
    6. install this new device menu patch.

This should fix all - warning: it's a radical solution [it doesn't ruin your device, but, you know... system files are fragile), so use it if nothing else works (and if someone doesn't find another one better)
    What if I get the "Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!" error, considering I don't have any of the above-mentioned conflicting patches installed, is there a less 'radical' solution to implement this patch?
    What if I get the "Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!" error, considering I don't have any of the above-mentioned conflicting patches installed, is there a less 'radical' solution to implement this patch?
    Can you post a list of the patches you have installed? Screenshots from Preware would do
    At present can't form Preware but here it is a snapshot from webosquickinstall

At present can't form Preware but here it is a snapshot from webosquickinstall

Click to view quoted image

Click to view quoted image
    I suspect that "Battery Percent as Icon", "Date and Lower-case AM-P..." are causing the problems.
    I thought as much because they are the only ones apparently conflicting in that top bar space but I already tried uninstalling them then luna restarted but same result I'm afraid.

EDIT: I've just run EPR and removed EVERY patch, same error.
    Last edited by crowning73; 01/31/2014 at 03:57 AM.
    I was going to say probably just the huge list of Advanced System Menu and its Framework were conflicting. I had no issue installing Battery As Percent and Icon with this patch installed, though I removed all my Menu patches before trying to install this.

Holy cow. With this and xwTweak 0.2.1... why did I not do it sooner?! Fantastic work, all. Only other menu bar thing i added back was for the battery icon. This is slick as !
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast