Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes
    @garrett92c: Hope you are feeling better now.

I tried to install the patch on my Row Pre3 through WebOS Quick InstalI. Though the installation failed for v0.1.0 as well as for v0.1.2, I can still see both the patches in Preware in "Installed Packages" section. Screenshot is enclosed herewith.

when I try to uninstall these 2 patches, here is what I get:

--------------------------------
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.choorp.ui-scale.prerm 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/luna-platform.conf.rej
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    10 out of 10 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/383/stylesheets/global-notifications.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    10 out of 10 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo2/submissions/112/stylesheets/global-notifications.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line
    20 out of 20 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    *** FAILED ***
    -----------------------------------------------

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.jdsenter.ui-scale-pre3.prerm 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/luna-platform.conf.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    9 out of 9 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/383/stylesheets/global-notifications.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    10 out of 10 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo2/submissions/112/stylesheets/global-notifications.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    20 out of 20 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    *** FAILED ***
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Needless to say I do not get the working patch even after Luna restart.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Palm III> Visor> Visorphone> Treo 180> 270> 600> 650> 680> Centro> HTC Tilt> BB-8310> Pixi-Plus> Pre 3
    Touchpad 16GB
    jmdesai

Looks like conflict with other patches. You need to find out which one ...
    I tried to install UI scale sxs to the new device interface patch on my veer without success. Anybody got both of them working?
    okay, I removed all other patches and had still no success installing the patch on my veer ;(
    hi i've noticed a problem with the patch, if i'm in ariplane mode and i enable the data usage it probably ask me if i want to disable airplane mode, but the dialog appear in the top bar so i can not easly see it and do what i want to do

here a screenshot
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Federico Pietta "Darkmagister"
    http://www.darkmagister.org
    http://www.wosp.it
    Linux Registered User: #425709

public gpg key: gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-key 1B20570B
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oholika View Post
    okay, I removed all other patches and had still no success installing the patch on my veer ;(
    oholika, what version is your Veer running? I couldn't get this to install on my Veer running v2.1.2 with all patches removed. I was going to trying updating to 2.2.4 to see if that made a difference.
  7.    #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagister View Post
    hi i've noticed a problem with the patch, if i'm in ariplane mode and i enable the data usage it probably ask me if i want to disable airplane mode, but the dialog appear in the top bar so i can not easly see it and do what i want to do

here a screenshot
    Hmm. Interesting. Not sure what's causing that but I'll attempt to look into it...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  8.    #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by flavius13 View Post
    oholika, what version is your Veer running? I couldn't get this to install on my Veer running v2.1.2 with all patches removed. I was going to trying updating to 2.2.4 to see if that made a difference.
    The patch in the top post is only for a 2.2.4 Pre3. I added a link to John's post with versions for the 2.2.4 Pre2 and Veer.
    thanks Garrett, that was the patch I tried to use. It seems not to run with the old FW ... maybe I should try Harries patches one day ...
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Only issues I've noticed is the "snooze" banner for the alarm clock is cut off and very hard to use and the cancel button when powering off the device is cut off (this maybe because I have your advanced power menu patch installed). Great work as always! Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by spikea4 View Post
    Only issues I've noticed is the "snooze" banner for the alarm clock is cut off and very hard to use and the cancel button when powering off the device is cut off (this maybe because I have your advanced power menu patch installed). Great work as always! Thank you!
    Note that you can scroll the banners for better access to the buttons.
  12.    #172  
    Yea, there are still a few areas that need to be worked on. As Grabber said, you can scroll the banners for a temporary fix.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Note that you can scroll the banners for better access to the buttons.
    well would you look at that! Thank you, didn't know that.
    @Garrett92c,

thanks for the great patch, I love it. May I have a simple request
    though? The ui scale patch comes with a change of the background
    of the app launcher cards.They are really dark and though I think
    some of your glass effect themes are really nice, I would prefer
    to have the original background. Could you please change the
    patch so that people may choose whether they want to combine
    ui scaling patch with their glass effect theme of choice or not?

That would be great. This high contrast of the black background
    combined with the smaller icons hurts my eyes

By the way....after installing ui scale patch and adding an additional
    quick launch icon to the bar, followed by deinstalling the patch
    because of the black background, my Pre3 kept the additional
    quick launch icon Great
    checkmate likes this.
    does it work on 2.2.4??
    I think the issue with those particular banner dialogs is in the CSS files in some of the luna-systemui code. The widgets are rendered at a 1.5x height, but the available height is actually 1.19x, so you get some cutoff.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Vistaus likes this.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oholika View Post
    does it work on 2.2.4??
    I currently don't have a sim card, so I'm waiting until I get one to try upgrading to v2.2.4. Hopefully I should have one by the end of the week.

Btw, I did confirm that I was using the v0.1.2 UI patch for the Veer. No luck installing on the Veer running 2.1.2.
    It does work correctly on a Pre 3 running 2.2.4 so I don't see why the Veer won't with 2.2.4
    Quote Originally Posted by spikea4 View Post
    You could also make a back gesture on the gesture area (swipe right to left) and this executes a cancel action on most dialogs in webOS. Use the benefits of webOS gestures to your advantage!
    Pre 3 & TouchPad. Flying in the face of the jesusPhone!
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Been using this for a while now and apart from a few livable display quirks it is fantastic. Small donation on its way to you as thanks for your hard work and ingenuity!
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast