webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > [Patch] UI Scale
[Patch] UI Scale
Like Tree59Likes

Old 12/18/2012, 07:45 AM   #101 (permalink)

cosmetic issues: left arrow in launcher pages slightly out of shape (right arrow perfectly fine), also lock icon circle thingy covers bottom notification by a tiny amount, but not enough to make a real difference
jetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/2012, 10:26 AM   #102 (permalink)

till now, looks great.

thanks for keeping it clean black
nichtwirklich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/2012, 12:51 PM   #103 (permalink)

Any plans for a 'non-themed' version? I kinda like the default webOS theme! The black theme reminds me a little too much of Android.
Old 12/18/2012, 12:59 PM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
Any plans for a 'non-themed' version? I kinda like the default webOS theme! The black theme reminds me a little too much of Android.
try 1 of garrets themes perhaps? i just overwrite what the scale patch does with 1 of his theme manager/pre3 themes afterwards.

[Pre3] Glass Effect Suite
Old 12/19/2012, 01:03 AM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenyboy View Post
It should work on a pre 2 with 2.2.4, not really sure if it'll work on your webOS version.
But If you are ready to use webOS Doctor, you can give it a try. :P

Do you have AUSMT?

Where if your Pre 3 from?
Thanks for your reply.

It does not work on my pre2 with webos2.1 though AUSMT is installed...

It appears that there is no such file called luna-platform.conf in the path of "etc/palm/", the most similar one is luna.conf

So I guess the way to layout the icons in 2.1 is different from 2.2.4
namyzal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/2012, 03:37 AM   #106 (permalink)

Installed just fine on ROW EU Pre3.
Works great!
Some things need perfection inside notification area, see attached screen shots:

Other: the sixth icon on launch bar is probably backed up by webos, it survived full erase and a doctor and was resored from backup
Attached Images
File Type: png Unknown_2012-19-12_113134.png (242.9 KB, 78 views) Email Attachment
File Type: png Unknown_2012-19-12_113202.png (296.0 KB, 67 views) Email Attachment

Last edited by ivokpop; 12/19/2012 at 08:48 AM. Reason: add info
ivokpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/2012, 06:39 AM   #107 (permalink)

As I noted a page or two back; it overwrites and / or prevents Theme Manager from functioning properly.

One cannot Theme the quick launcher or app launcher or screen lock if the UI patch is installed, regardless of whether one applies the theme changes pre or post UI patch installation. I have tested this in both manners using a variety of themes for Pre3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
try 1 of garrets themes perhaps? i just overwrite what the scale patch does with 1 of his theme manager/pre3 themes afterwards.

[Pre3] Glass Effect Suite
MudShark22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/2012, 06:51 AM   #108 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
As I noted a page or two back; it overwrites and / or prevents Theme Manager from functioning properly.

One cannot Theme the quick launcher or app launcher or screen lock if the UI patch is installed, regardless of whether one applies the theme changes pre or post UI patch installation. I have tested this in both manners using a variety of themes for Pre3.
weird I used his charcoal theme, had been installed for some time, have my own boot logo which is a butchered version of a one that rumorednow created, applied patch, ended up with mixes of grey/black gfx, reapplied charcoal theme and it worked.

wonder why mine didn't fail.
Old 12/19/2012, 07:12 AM   #109 (permalink)

hmmm that is odd. I purposefully used the color versions to test. I will retry again @ office this morning to recreate.
Old 12/19/2012, 07:18 AM   #110 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
hmmm that is odd. I purposefully used the color versions to test. I will retry again @ office this morning to recreate.
maybe its because I already had the charcoal theme beforehand and after patching applied the same theme rather than a new one.
Old 12/19/2012, 08:17 AM   #111 (permalink)

I think that is the case. I performed the following steps:
- Uninstalled UI patch and rebooted
- Using Theme Manager, reverted to palm default theme, luna restart
- Installed UI patch (current version from post #1), reboot, patch has taken effect
- Using Garrett's pre3 cobalt theme, just changed app launcher, luna restart
- No change to app launcher, remains UI charcoal
Old 12/19/2012, 08:21 AM   #112 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Hey guys. Changing the UI scale causes webOS to look in different folders for the images. I'll have to update my themes to make them work with this patch.

Gotta run into a meeting. I'll be available to answer questions later. Sorry!

-- Sent via mobile
Old 12/19/2012, 08:26 AM   #113 (permalink)

No worries Garrett!
To finish off my post, I removed the UI patch, rebooted and all my theme manager changes were there....
Old 12/22/2012, 03:05 PM   #114 (permalink)

Hello;

I've uninstalled the 1.1 UI patch and rebooted to the 3 row icons. Installed the 1.2 UI patch in my 2nd attempt (the 1rst one gave me an "ipk log" error) and it worked great after rebooting. Just a few things.
1.- The Calendar pop-up is still not displaying fully (see picture attached).
2.- The Lost Calls banners is also not displaying fully (see picture attached).
3.- When in Locked Screen, pop ups are not displaying correctly (can't make screen shots since I would need to slide the KB out and screen would go to either PassWord mode or Home Screen)

I love the hp little icon in some notifications (I only seen it when the 20%, 10% and 5% energy notifications ), but looks great.
Also, I really like how it looks the small 2 balloons when a text message comes in (it's the same icon in the Launcher for the Messaging app, but tiny). I think it would look cooler if that was the icon on the notification banner as well; just saying....
The rest looks great. Thank you very much for this patch.

EDIT: P.S.: If you look closely, in the "notification banners" screen capture, you'll see that there are odd spaces between some of them. I think this is caused by the not_well_fitted Lost Call banner. Actually, I think that's why it's not fully displayed (the Lost Call banner, I mean).
Attached Images
File Type: png Unknown_2012-22-12_121904.png (228.6 KB, 78 views) Email Attachment
File Type: png Unknown_2012-22-12_121743.png (282.9 KB, 62 views) Email Attachment

Last edited by ajguns; 12/22/2012 at 09:31 PM.
ajguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/23/2012, 03:02 PM   #115 (permalink)

I can't install version 1.2. I allways have an error:
--
File allready exists in system
File: /usr/palm/.../...calendar/.../icon-1.png
--

No themes. AUSMT is installed. Device is EU Pre3 (ROW) webOS 2.2.4.

Version 1.1 works great on my Pre3. Installation goes without errors.

Merry Christmas, davodego

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
davodego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/25/2012, 07:49 PM   #116 (permalink)

it not use for veer
alven.tse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/2012, 10:13 AM   #117 (permalink)

i would like to update this patch, but i can not find it on preware (tried on patch, on unknown, search for it...), so i can not remove it before installing it again, and of course i can not install the 0.1.2 version on top of the other as it written on the first post

and help is appreciated
Linux Registered User: #425709

public gpg key: gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-key 1B20570B
Darkmagister is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: patapoof
Old 12/27/2012, 10:19 AM   #118 (permalink)

You will find it listed under 'unknown' instead of patches.
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/2012, 10:55 AM   #119 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
There is a little file in /etc/palm/luna-platform.conf (for Luna) and browser-platform.conf (for browser/webkit)...

These are what creates the scaling effect... one can grab all the images from the Pre2 change scaling to 1.0 on both and you will have more space, but one must adjust the css to fix the spacing...

You can have as many as the bar will hold...

You can also bring this to other phones Pre2/Veer with webOS 2.2.4...

Create above file for Luna from the Pre3 (the trick) there is a little switch TabletUi=true... this will force scaling...

Now scale back say from 1.5 (Pre3) to say 0.5 (as the Pre2 would be 1.0), this would then shrink the UI from 1.0 to 0.5 and as long as CSS was fixed the icons will be smaller and more space means more icons per row.

FYI if you set the ScaleFactor=0.7 and change the PositiveSpaceTopPadding and PositiveSpaceBottomPadding to something like 28 on the Pre2/Veer (webOS 2.2.4) you can get 4 rows and 6 Quick Launcher icons...

The issues are that some icons do not scale smaller, there is UI basics that need to be fixed like size of the backdrop but if one takes the time they can make it happen...

The LunaSysMgr that is on the Pre3/Pre2 is not the same code base as webOS 3.0.5 but it can handle tablet like features... One can also bring Launcher3 parts, compile the Open webOS LunaSysMgr and it will work on the Pre3/Pre2 provided you have the other parts... It does not look as good as the phone but if webOS Ports finishes their polish it will work...

My attempt at a Pre2/PrePlus/Veer at webOS 2.2.4, now my Veer is Supered not sure if it will work on base webOS 2.2.4.

This is set to Scale Factor of .799 which allows 4 rows and 5 Quick Launcher Icons.
Let me know if you would rather have 4 rows and 6 Quick Launcher icons?

Version 0.1.2-Update to Scale Factor of .7 to see what people prefer allows 4 rows and 6 quick launcher icons
Version 0.1.1-Fixed Font sizes and updated with Garrett92C System popup notifications fixes
Version 0.1.0-Initial Release

My Pre3 (at webOS 2.2.4) version is a ZIP, please change the jar extension to zip to extract ipk.
Version 0.1.0-Initial Release, changes UI scale to 1.0, includes my font sizes, with Garrett92C System popup notifications fixes, allows 6 icons in Quick Launch Bar.

FYI If you also have the virtual keyboard invoked and you use the patches below it sets the virtual keyboard to false change it back to true (in the file luna-platform.conf) fixes that..
pre2的补丁太不搭配了,图片过小,建议改成4x4的。
shenjin_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: patapoof
Old 12/27/2012, 01:02 PM   #120 (permalink)

please post wiki to remove in prep for update ...thank-you

update: found 1.1 in preware-installed-other ...unistalled... Put on 1.2 ...all good !!

Last edited by patapoof; 12/27/2012 at 01:18 PM. Reason: got it
patapoof is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0