webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > [Patch] UI Scale
[Patch] UI Scale
Like Tree59Likes

Old 12/14/2012, 08:48 AM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by namyzal View Post
Hi, my device is Pre2 with webos 2.1, will your ipk work on it? Thanks.

Or, will it work on Pre2?

Really like the 4x4 style on webos
It should work on a pre 2 with 2.2.4, not really sure if it'll work on your webOS version.
But If you are ready to use webOS Doctor, you can give it a try. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by trillexer View Post
Yeah, I removed all of the email patches and started removing others, but I never did get it install. The only ones left are unrelated patches, but I can't be sure. I think I'd have to remove all the patches to see which one it is.
Do you have AUSMT?

Where if your Pre 3 from?
Old 12/14/2012, 09:00 AM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michel_ng View Post
Works on 2.2.4 Veer, but the fonts are too small for my personal taste. So removed it again!
Yeah I brought the font size from 16 to 10, it is small, but it allows text to fit in the dialogs correctly, I will attempt to bring it up, but this was my starting point, glad it worked on the Veer, sorry the fonts are small...

This is not perfect yet, still tweaking...
John Steffes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/2012, 09:16 AM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
There is a little file in /etc/palm/luna-platform.conf (for Luna) and browser-platform.conf (for browser/webkit)...

These are what creates the scaling effect... one can grab all the images from the Pre2 change scaling to 1.0 on both and you will have more space, but one must adjust the css to fix the spacing...

You can have as many as the bar will hold...

You can also bring this to other phones Pre2/Veer with webOS 2.2.4...

Create above file for Luna from the Pre3 (the trick) there is a little switch TabletUi=true... this will force scaling...

Now scale back say from 1.5 (Pre3) to say 0.5 (as the Pre2 would be 1.0), this would then shrink the UI from 1.0 to 0.5 and as long as CSS was fixed the icons will be smaller and more space means more icons per row.

FYI if you set the ScaleFactor=0.7 and change the PositiveSpaceTopPadding and PositiveSpaceBottomPadding to something like 28 on the Pre2/Veer (webOS 2.2.4) you can get 4 rows and 6 Quick Launcher icons...

The issues are that some icons do not scale smaller, there is UI basics that need to be fixed like size of the backdrop but if one takes the time they can make it happen...

The LunaSysMgr that is on the Pre3/Pre2 is not the same code base as webOS 3.0.5 but it can handle tablet like features... One can also bring Launcher3 parts, compile the Open webOS LunaSysMgr and it will work on the Pre3/Pre2 provided you have the other parts... It does not look as good as the phone but if webOS Ports finishes their polish it will work...

My first attempt at a Pre2/PrePlus/Veer at webOS 2.2.4, now my Veer is Supered not sure if it will work on base webOS 2.2.4.

FYI If you also have the virtual keyboard invoked and you use the patches below it sets the virtual keyboard to false change it back to true (in the file luna-platform.conf) fixes that..
Not working for German Pre2

IPKG Error:
postinst
-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.jdsenter.ui-scale-pre2-preplus.postinst 2>&1
/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.jdsenter.ui-scale-pre2-preplus.postinst: line 13: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/ausmt-install: not found remove Removing package com.jdsenter.ui-scale-pre2-preplus from root...
(offline root mode: not running com.jdsenter.ui-scale-pre2-preplus.prerm)
delete
Scholle3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/2012, 09:40 AM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholle3000 View Post
Not working for German Pre2

IPKG Error:
postinst
-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.jdsenter.ui-scale-pre2-preplus.postinst 2>&1
/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.jdsenter.ui-scale-pre2-preplus.postinst: line 13: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/ausmt-install: not found remove Removing package com.jdsenter.ui-scale-pre2-preplus from root...
(offline root mode: not running com.jdsenter.ui-scale-pre2-preplus.prerm)
delete
All patches require AUSMT, please install that from preware.
Old 12/14/2012, 10:48 AM   #65 (permalink)

It works on my pre3 factory unlock. but some feature of notify is not normal...
truongtuananhhau1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/2012, 11:25 AM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by truongtuananhhau1 View Post
It works on my pre3 factory unlock. but some feature of notify is not normal...
i think some of the weird looks were corrected when i reapplied 1 of garrets themes, because before i did that, i seemed to have black screen elements mixed in with grey, a quick retheme seems to at least have fixed it all back to black.

Think he does mention various weird stuff hes aware of and fixing like the notification area ending needing scrolled up/down to read it all etc, or stuff not fitting.

Alpha's....... we all find faults with them but regardless, cant live without them
Old 12/14/2012, 11:29 AM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenyboy View Post
Do you have AUSMT?

Where if your Pre 3 from?
I do have AUSMT and I'm using a AT&T Pre 3.
trillexer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/2012, 12:51 PM   #68 (permalink)

The notification for an appointment shows but the DISMISS & SNOOZE buttons are barely visible at the bottom above the gesture area border ...any hope for a fix for that?
patapoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/2012, 02:17 PM   #69 (permalink)

Just the cost of living on the edge while they work out the bugs. ;-) I don't mind the kooky looking notifications because I'm so happy to have 4x icons back. Thanks for your hard work on this guys!

Developer of: SMS Auto Forward/Reply, GPS Viewer,
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix
Grabber5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: patapoof
Old 12/14/2012, 02:20 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
The notification for an appointment shows but the DISMISS & SNOOZE buttons are barely visible at the bottom above the gesture area border ...any hope for a fix for that?
think you can grab and drag it for now, i can for the popups that ask to grab internet time or ignore.
Old 12/14/2012, 02:26 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
think you can grab and drag it for now, i can for the popups that ask to grab internet time or ignore.
That is correct. I got a meeting reminder and was able to drag up and down to see the buttons and the entire message.

Developer of: SMS Auto Forward/Reply, GPS Viewer,
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix
Grabber5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: patapoof
Old 12/14/2012, 04:42 PM   #72 (permalink)

I need to set a reminder to remind me to check if I can slide down the reminder (or up)...
patapoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/2012, 06:01 PM   #73 (permalink)

I certainly don't mind the notification issue either. However, I heavily theme my pre3 using theme manager and this patch 'overrides' certain elements. For example: I use garrett's cobalt app laucher; its over-ridden by the patch. I use the quick launcher from michote's dark glass; over-ridden too. The numerals on the clock from preICS theme; same thing.

But I love me some 4x4 though!! Hopefully, a twenty in the tip jar will inspire garrett to make it more theme manager compatible if possible.

- T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
Just the cost of living on the edge while they work out the bugs. ;-) I don't mind the kooky looking notifications because I'm so happy to have 4x icons back. Thanks for your hard work on this guys!
MudShark22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/2012, 10:11 PM   #74 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Hey guys, sorry I've been absent from this thread today. I've been really busy with some things, but should have some time tomorrow to work on this.

-- Sent via mobile

Last edited by Garrett92C; 12/15/2012 at 08:02 AM.
Garrett92C is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
Old 12/15/2012, 08:04 AM   #75 (permalink)

transaction xxxxxxx1450D

Now get inspired! ;-) :-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
I certainly don't mind the notification issue either. However, I heavily theme my pre3 using theme manager and this patch 'overrides' certain elements. For example: I use garrett's cobalt app laucher; its over-ridden by the patch. I use the quick launcher from michote's dark glass; over-ridden too. The numerals on the clock from preICS theme; same thing.

But I love me some 4x4 though!! Hopefully, a twenty in the tip jar will inspire garrett to make it more theme manager compatible if possible.

- T
Thanked By: Garrett92C
Old 12/15/2012, 04:02 PM   #76 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Oops, forgot to mention that I posted an update a little bit ago. I wish I had more time today to work on it. I may be able to get another update out tomorrow.

Changelog
v0.1.2
- Fixed missing notification icons for Calendar, Clock, Messaging, Music Player, and Tasks
- Fixed Calendar icons in the App Launcher
- Fixed most system popup notifications. An example of this would be the popup that appears when you connect your phone to a PC.
- Fixed Clock app's alarm popup notification

As always, be sure to uninstall any previous versions before installing an update.
Liked by geekpeter likes this.
Thanked By: pham van duong
Old 12/15/2012, 04:54 PM   #77 (permalink)
Editor-in-Chief

I uninstalled the patch this morning and discovered something interesting - if you don't pull the fifth app icon out of your dock first, all five stay in after the patch's removal, though at full size. No issue taking out the fifth app, and I haven't been able to add a new fifth icon after removing the one.
Liked by OldSkoolVWLover and Garrett92C like this.
Old 12/15/2012, 06:54 PM   #78 (permalink)

Thanks for the info Derek
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/2012, 06:59 PM   #79 (permalink)

Updated Pre2/PrePlus/Veer versions on post 10.
[Patch] UI Scale

Added a Pre3 version which scales to 1.0, but keeps my font touches from Pre2/PrePlus/Veer script, also includes the awesome notification fixes from Garrett92C...

Why because now you can have 6 Quick Launcher Icons.

I also have a question for Pre2/PrePlus/Veer users at webOS 2.2.4, would you rather have 4 rows with 5 quick launcher icons or 4 rows with 6 quick launcher icons?

Last edited by John Steffes; 12/15/2012 at 10:49 PM.
Liked by OldSkoolVWLover and Garrett92C like this.
Old 12/15/2012, 10:39 PM   #80 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
I uninstalled the patch this morning and discovered something interesting - if you don't pull the fifth app icon out of your dock first, all five stay in after the patch's removal, though at full size. No issue taking out the fifth app, and I haven't been able to add a new fifth icon after removing the one.
Oh, that's pretty cool! It's a good thing to know for people who may only want to have an additional icon in Quick Launch without the rest of this patch.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0