webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > [Patch] UI Scale
[Patch] UI Scale
Like Tree59Likes

Old 01/30/2013, 05:29 AM   #181 (permalink)

Hi Garret, been reading the threads and nice work, installed the patch and found the same issues as stated. Seems like the popups (alarm, missed call, calender, ussd requests, etc) have the issue of being to large and need to scroll to click.

Other wise good work so far, would like to donate, but not sure how, please pm me.

Thx
Titanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/30/2013, 07:50 AM   #182 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanse View Post
Hi Garret, been reading the threads and nice work, installed the patch and found the same issues as stated. Seems like the popups (alarm, missed call, calender, ussd requests, etc) have the issue of being to large and need to scroll to click.

Other wise good work so far, would like to donate, but not sure how, please pm me.

Thx
Titanse

Go to page 1 and at the bottom of Garret's post there is the text:

I do all this in my free time for my love of the webOS community. If you wish to show your appreciation, you can donate to me here. There is always a possibility that while testing I'll run into a show-stopping issue and this patch will never make it past alpha. Please consider this when donating.
Last edited by Garrett92C; 12/15/2012 at 08:38 PM.

Click the 'donate to me here' link
MikeN68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/2013, 07:42 AM   #183 (permalink)

Hi Garrett.

I know what the issue is with it ( just not how to fix it - sorry). Seems that the wave when pulled up sees the edge of the screen at the old set points ( ie old screen size settings). So it just cuts there even though its trying to show.

just hope this helps.

If you can send me the source to the ipk ( or if I can pull the current one apart) then will try, please note I am in no why a professional dev like you, so will try to help.

Thx for all the good things so far.

P.S. Just doing the donate now.. Sorry its not alot..

AT&T Unlocked Pre 3 - 2.2.4
US Palm Pre 2 - 2.2.4

AT&T Veer 4G - gf's phone (too small for me)

Had Devs

Pandapad 64G - Stolen

Living in Sunny SA
Titanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Garrett92C
Old 02/08/2013, 09:56 AM   #184 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oholika View Post
okay, I removed all other patches and had still no success installing the patch on my veer ;(
Quote:
Originally Posted by flavius13 View Post
oholika, what version is your Veer running? I couldn't get this to install on my Veer running v2.1.2 with all patches removed. I was going to trying updating to 2.2.4 to see if that made a difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
The patch in the top post is only for a 2.2.4 Pre3. I added a link to John's post with versions for the 2.2.4 Pre2 and Veer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oholika View Post
thanks Garrett, that was the patch I tried to use. It seems not to run with the old FW ... maybe I should try Harries patches one day ...
Sorry did not notice this...

webOS 2.1.x does not have the logic in the LunaSysMgr to turn on the tablet mode, so I can not make a patch for webOS 2.1.x. Sorry...

I will make sure I detail that better in my post...

FYI webOS 2.2.x is the first I find the logic in the code of LunaSysMgr (it was from a Pre3 with webOS 2.2.0), we noticed this when we were turning on the Virtual keyboard and looking at the assembly codes.
John Steffes is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0