webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > [PATCH] Prevent in-call reset with Veer running WebOS 2.2.4
[PATCH] Prevent in-call reset with Veer running WebOS 2.2.4

Old 12/09/2012, 06:44 AM   #1 (permalink)

Hello,

I wrote a small patch to prevent the Veer from rebooting especially on outgoing call just after the screen going off which seems to be a recurrent bug affecting some 2.2.4 Veer users (2.2.3/2.2.4 have never been official on that platform).

I posted the patch here (WebOS 2.2.3 is already there for Veer) if you want to have a look and test it.

Bye !
TheOneill is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by darthcircuit, m0ngr31
Old 12/09/2012, 09:44 AM   #2 (permalink)

Whats the difference to this one?

WebOS 2.2.3 is already there for Veer
michel_ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/09/2012, 10:10 AM   #3 (permalink)

From a functional point of view, they are equivalent : I tried to write modifications differently so that it works on 2.2.4 Veer that have been doctored with the "superscript" which slightly modifies the phone app.

I would recommand trying the one I point in my first post, if it's installed properly you're done, if you experience problem, you can try the previous one.
Old 12/09/2012, 10:21 AM   #4 (permalink)

Well, im a little bit confused about the superscript in the name of the patch. I never used the superscript to build my Veer, just made an update to 2.2.4 according to Herrie's instructions. But strangely the reboot_veer_test_act_superscript.patch installs on my Veer fine too. Still not sure which one to use ... untill now i only successfull tested the first one (reboot_veer_test_act.patch).
Old 12/09/2012, 10:48 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneill View Post
I would recommand trying the one I point in my first post, if it's installed properly you're done, if you experience problem, you can try the previous one.
Which one do you exactly mean now reboot_veer_test_act.patch or reboot_veer_test_act_superscript.patch?
Old 12/09/2012, 04:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

I wasn't really clear sorry.

try reboot_veer_test_act_superscript.patch no matter whether you have a superdoctor or a straight one.

If install fails on a chunk, try the previous one reboot_veer_test_act.patch.

No functional difference to expect, both path just create the 10 sec activity to delay idle a bit and avoid reboot.
Old 12/09/2012, 07:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thank you very much for your explanation!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0