Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Hello,

I wrote a small patch to prevent the Veer from rebooting especially on outgoing call just after the screen going off which seems to be a recurrent bug affecting some 2.2.4 Veer users (2.2.3/2.2.4 have never been official on that platform).

I posted the patch here (WebOS 2.2.3 is already there for Veer) if you want to have a look and test it.

Bye !
    Whats the difference to this one?

WebOS 2.2.3 is already there for Veer
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    From a functional point of view, they are equivalent : I tried to write modifications differently so that it works on 2.2.4 Veer that have been doctored with the "superscript" which slightly modifies the phone app.

I would recommand trying the one I point in my first post, if it's installed properly you're done, if you experience problem, you can try the previous one.
    Well, im a little bit confused about the superscript in the name of the patch. I never used the superscript to build my Veer, just made an update to 2.2.4 according to Herrie's instructions. But strangely the reboot_veer_test_act_superscript.patch installs on my Veer fine too. Still not sure which one to use ... untill now i only successfull tested the first one (reboot_veer_test_act.patch).
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneill View Post
    I would recommand trying the one I point in my first post, if it's installed properly you're done, if you experience problem, you can try the previous one.
    Which one do you exactly mean now reboot_veer_test_act.patch or reboot_veer_test_act_superscript.patch?
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I wasn't really clear sorry.

try reboot_veer_test_act_superscript.patch no matter whether you have a superdoctor or a straight one.

If install fails on a chunk, try the previous one reboot_veer_test_act.patch.

No functional difference to expect, both path just create the 10 sec activity to delay idle a bit and avoid reboot.
    Thank you very much for your explanation!