webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > [Patch] Continue sending video in Skype when minimized
[Patch] Continue sending video in Skype when minimized
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GMMan

Old 11/12/2012, 06:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Available on Preware with the same name under the Phone section.

This patch will let you to continue streaming video from your camera in Skype on your TouchPad even when you minimize the current card. You will not see any video when the Phone card is minimized, but the video will continue to stream. Restoring the card instantly resumes video playback.

Shout-out to eblade for mentioning the idea to me on Twitter.

P. S. It originally looks like the behavior was going to be handled gracefully, but something somewhere didn't work, so they just decided to drop it entirely.
Attached Files
File Type: patch skype-video.patch (651 Bytes, 34 views) Email Attachment
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor

Last edited by GMMan; 11/13/2012 at 09:01 AM.
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/2012, 06:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'm sure this is a stupid question but, this patch is compatible with LunaCE?
jkromero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/2012, 07:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkromero View Post
I'm sure this is a stupid question but, this patch is compatible with LunaCE?
It is. I developed it using my TP running LunaCE, if you can call commenting out a line developing.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
Liked by jkromero likes this.
Old 11/12/2012, 07:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
It is. I developed it using my TP running LunaCE, if you can call commenting out a line developing.
It's a lot more than I can do. I'm preschooler when it comes to understanding software code...
jkromero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/2012, 11:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

I did this with my brother, touchpad to touchpad. Both touchpads are patched up, though this was before I put LunaCE on my touchpad.

I was trying to help him with something and told him to just minimize the skype window. I could still see him while I was talking him through some procedure. If I recall there was some delay in getting his video going again once he maximized, but sort of a normal webOS janky laggy performance kind of thing.

We both have laptops with very good built in cameras, so we usually use those. It has been a while with the TP's but I really thought it worked this way already. I'll be curious to see if this would improve the performance.

Could I be imagining this? Curious, I'll have to call him tomorrow and test it out again.
thepook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2012, 12:35 AM   #6 (permalink)

The regular app bumps the chat out of video mode entirely, and it takes a moment to reconnect to the camera after hitting the video button. This just keeps the camera on the entire time so the other person can see you and there is no camera reconnect time.
Old 11/13/2012, 05:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Awesome GMMan! Can't wait to see it on Preware

Thank you very much

I'll have to check compatibility with Pre3 too not that I use my Pre3 for Skype very much considering how hard it kills the battery just to login :-S
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: gizmo21
Old 11/13/2012, 09:03 AM   #8 (permalink)

That was fast. This patch is now available on Preware.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0