Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    this is a request for a patch as I'm not a webmaster and can't make webos apps. Could someone fix the issue where I can't text certain numbers? Regardless if the number is saved or not, I cant send or receive messages to/from it.
    That sounds like a number blocking on your providers side. I don't know of anything in webOS that would just be blocking you from sending or receiving...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    There is also an old webOS bug where you suddenly cannot text certain numbers. I don't recall a resolution other than a full erase.. Try a google search of the forums - I know its out here somewhere.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    the only fix for this bug is a full erase / doctor. it happens when you call/answer a call from someone then save and try and text the number. it won't allow you to text. if i open the sms app and type the number, the msg won't send. if i go to the contact and tap the sms button, the sms app won't open. if i go to call history and tap the sms button, the sms app won't open. even after i try and erase the contact, i still can't text that number. really a pain because it happens for 2 numbers and i can only call to relay messages. calling isn't always optimal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    There is also an old webOS bug where you suddenly cannot text certain numbers. I don't recall a resolution other than a full erase.. Try a google search of the forums - I know its out here somewhere.
    Wow I don't think I ever heard of that bug, ewwww.

Quote Originally Posted by mehigh View Post
    the only fix for this bug is a full erase / doctor. it happens when you call/answer a call from someone then save and try and text the number. it won't allow you to text. if i open the sms app and type the number, the msg won't send. if i go to the contact and tap the sms button, the sms app won't open. if i go to call history and tap the sms button, the sms app won't open. even after i try and erase the contact, i still can't text that number. really a pain because it happens for 2 numbers and i can only call to relay messages. calling isn't always optimal.
    I fear I may be going the erase and doctor path on my Pre3, up to 20 minute delay on receiving SMS on the Pre3 for a week and a half...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...