webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > sms patch request
sms patch request

Old 11/12/2012, 12:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

this is a request for a patch as I'm not a webmaster and can't make webos apps. Could someone fix the issue where I can't text certain numbers? Regardless if the number is saved or not, I cant send or receive messages to/from it.
mehigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2012, 01:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

That sounds like a number blocking on your providers side. I don't know of anything in webOS that would just be blocking you from sending or receiving...
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2012, 04:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

There is also an old webOS bug where you suddenly cannot text certain numbers. I don't recall a resolution other than a full erase.. Try a google search of the forums - I know its out here somewhere.
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2012, 05:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

the only fix for this bug is a full erase / doctor. it happens when you call/answer a call from someone then save and try and text the number. it won't allow you to text. if i open the sms app and type the number, the msg won't send. if i go to the contact and tap the sms button, the sms app won't open. if i go to call history and tap the sms button, the sms app won't open. even after i try and erase the contact, i still can't text that number. really a pain because it happens for 2 numbers and i can only call to relay messages. calling isn't always optimal.
mehigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2012, 05:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
There is also an old webOS bug where you suddenly cannot text certain numbers. I don't recall a resolution other than a full erase.. Try a google search of the forums - I know its out here somewhere.
Wow I don't think I ever heard of that bug, ewwww.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehigh View Post
the only fix for this bug is a full erase / doctor. it happens when you call/answer a call from someone then save and try and text the number. it won't allow you to text. if i open the sms app and type the number, the msg won't send. if i go to the contact and tap the sms button, the sms app won't open. if i go to call history and tap the sms button, the sms app won't open. even after i try and erase the contact, i still can't text that number. really a pain because it happens for 2 numbers and i can only call to relay messages. calling isn't always optimal.
I fear I may be going the erase and doctor path on my Pre3, up to 20 minute delay on receiving SMS on the Pre3 for a week and a half...
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0