1.    #1  
    I recently had trouble with my scroll boxes not, well, scrolling (I think it was due to the Mojo smooth scrolling patch, even though uninstalling didn't help) so I performed in Emergency Patch Recovery.

While reinstalling all my patches, I noticed one of my favories wouldn't install: E-mail Portrait Only (landscape email is a petpeeve of mine _).

I uninstalled my Advanced Email Prefs patch (the only email-related patch I had installed so far), but the Portrait Email patch still kept giving me an error and wouldn't install.

So I performed another EPR and tried to install the Portrait Email patch as my first patch but it still won't install even after a fresh EPR.
    Anyone have any ideas why? I'm trying to avoid doctoring again, as I just did one about a week ago and just finished adjusting all my files and data how I like/need them.

I'm on a VZW Pre 3 running 2.2.4. Here's the IPKG log.
    P.S. Sorry I couldn't put all this in an HTML frame (is that the right term?). I poked around on the Internet to find how to all a lot of text like this into a small box of its own, but none of it worked. Anyway...

Nothing Interesting.
    verify
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 11306 100 11306 0 0 12640 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 15237
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.email-e-mail-portrait-only
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.email-e-mail-portrait-only.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/accounts-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/create-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/setpin-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/wizard-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.email-e-mail-portrait-only from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.email-e-mail-portrait-only.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Last edited by Koiji412; 10/30/2012 at 02:20 PM. Reason: additional info
    Palm Zire 72 > TX > Treo 700w > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Pre Plus > Pre 2 > Pre 3
  2.    #2  
    Oh, and I noticed another that does the same thing. Ever after a fresh EPR, the Advanced System Prefs - Framework (ATT/VZW) wouldn't install. Here's the error message.

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Verify
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    37 56952 37 21371 0 0 23139 0 0:00:02 --:--:-- 0:00:02 27646
    100 56952 100 56952 0 0 30781 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 33540
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-vzw
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":19, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":19 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":19 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":19 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":19 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":19 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-vzw.postinst 2>&1
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/db/kinds/com.palm.person.rej
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-vzw from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-vzw.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing interesting.
    For the files listed, can you find a corresponding one with .webosinternals appended to the file name? If so, delete the file with the original name and rename the .webosinternals file to remove that last part. Or pull files out of the Doctor and push it to your device.