webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > hide apps in webos 2.0
hide apps in webos 2.0

Old 10/16/2012, 11:54 AM   #1 (permalink)

cant find a patch to hide apps in webos 2.0. I loved the patch for 1.4.5 just hold orange and tap the app then hide it but cant find anything like this for 2.0
drew145022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/2012, 12:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew145022 View Post
cant find a patch to hide apps in webos 2.0. I loved the patch for 1.4.5 just hold orange and tap the app then hide it but cant find anything like this for 2.0
What about moving the app from /usr/palm/applications/ to a new directory like /media/internal/.unused/? Haven't tried it but it might work to "hide" them.
matteebee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/2012, 12:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
What about moving the app from /usr/palm/applications/ to a new directory like /media/internal/.unused/? Haven't tried it but it might work to "hide" them.
Better idea would be to edit the appinfo.json of the app and add "visible": false to it.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/06/2012, 06:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

Is there an easier way to do this? No patch or anything?
crazybirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/06/2012, 06:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

Someone could make an app to do it, but it's more efficient to edit the file yourself. Gotta learn JSON a bit if you want to have things your way on webOS.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0