webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > [Patch] Fixing/Enhancing vCard (.vcf) Export
[Patch] Fixing/Enhancing vCard (.vcf) Export
Like Tree7Likes

Old 10/10/2012, 06:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

In webOS 2.2.4 all .vcf vCard-Exports write the URL-field in a wrong format to the file (TYPE=: instead of URL: ) .
In addition the fields Partner (Spouse) and Children are missing: Exporting contacts from WebOS 2.1

That's why i fixed the URL bug and added the two relation-fields into the
\usr\palm\frameworks\contacts\submission\111\javascript\vCard\VCardExporter.js

it then exports every vcard single (via contact > send) or all contacts via cellebrite like this:
Code:
URL;TYPE=:http://www.webos.com
X-SPOUSE:Babe
X-CHILD:Baby
Patch available in Preware for webOS 2.1.0, 2.1.1, 2.1.2, 2.2.4, 3.0.5:
  • URL: fixed for 2.2.4 - was exported with wrong marker
  • Spouse (Partner): added newly as X-SPOUSE:
  • Children: added newly as X-CHILD:

Known limitations:
-------------------------
Google contacts: In googles webpage you can add multiple "child"-relations (RFC compliant) and webos also syncs these multiple childs into the database, but only shows the first child in the contacts app-frontend.
vcf-Exporter exports both childs as seperate lines, but webos vcf importer only imports the first one back to contacts.
To be save put multiple children in one line, separated by comma.

----for those code suspicious---
dev commented file for testing on 2.2.4 is attached (copy to path mentioned above and rename olde one to _org and this one to VCardExporter.js) .

Patch available in Preware for webOS 2.1.0, 2.1.1, 2.1.2, 2.2.4, 3.0.5
Attached Images
File Type: png internalz_2012-13-10_144323.png (88.3 KB, 346 views) Email Attachment
File Type: png contacts_2012-14-10_085417.png (64.2 KB, 339 views) Email Attachment
Attached Files
File Type: txt VCardExporter_fixed.js.txt (23.5 KB, 39 views) Email Attachment

Last edited by gizmo21; 02/19/2013 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Known limitations, Preware patch avail
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by frantid, uwer and bethel95 like this.
Old 10/13/2012, 01:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

here is the patch file for 2.2.4 phones.

To test just do an full export (link above) before patching -
Beware: don't open the file with Internalz directly before renameing as it would reimport all your conacts resulting in double entries:
Rename the created file in (/media/internal/.temp) to PmMigration.vcf_original.txt . ---> here all URL-lines are named wrongly as TYPE:=http://...... and all Spouse / Child entries missing, which both prevents it from reimporting these fields in webOS or elsewhere.

After that, install patch - luna restart and export all contacts again.
rename the newly created file in (/media/internal/.temp) to PmMigration.vcf_patched.txt
---> here URL-lines are named URL;TYPE:=http://...... and all Spouse / Child entries should be there and so it can be reimported to webOS

This could be a way to transfer all your contacts from one Contacts account (e.g. Palm Profile, Chapura Echo) into another one (e.g. EAS, Google...) (Example here: Building your own cloud with Zarafa using EAS to sync)
Attached Files
File Type: patch contacts-vcard-exp-224-fix.patch (2.3 KB, 21 views) Email Attachment

Last edited by gizmo21; 10/14/2012 at 07:51 AM.
Old 10/14/2012, 07:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Available in Preware now for 2.2.4 devices.

btw. frantid how did you get your screenshots for ubercal into preware feed, my pngs seems not to be displayed correctly in preware. Added screenshots to first thread though.
Old 10/14/2012, 07:47 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
Available in Preware now for 2.2.4 devices.

btw. frantid how did you get your screenshots for ubercal into preware feed, my pngs seems not to be displayed correctly in preware. Added screenshots to first thread though.
I never did it. MetaView did. I tried once and failed, so I left them alone.
frantid is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by gizmo21 likes this.
Old 11/10/2012, 01:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

Here is my webOS 2.1.2, webOS 2.1.0 patched (use framework 99 and 98 instead of 111), tested on PixiPlus @ 2.1.0 & 2.1.2 (frameworks) and webOS 3.0.5 (framework 114), tested on Touchpad @ 3.0.5.

Let me know if this is the same as yours...

Updated, includes webOS 2.1.1 and older webOS 2.1.0 build 284 (PrePlus-O2), build 100 (Pre2-Rogers) framework 94 patch.

Last edited by John Steffes; 11/11/2012 at 11:18 PM.
John Steffes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/11/2012, 01:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

thx for this, I'll look at it later. And then submit it.
Old 11/11/2012, 05:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

submitted all three, one after the other. Hope it works. Thanx for contribution and testing.

Quote:
Fixes and enhances the VCard(.vcf)-Fileexport so more fields of a contact get exported into the file, making it suitable for complete backup of contacts or switching to new contacts account.

- URL: fixed - was exported with wrong marker

- Spouse(Partner): added newly as X-SPOUSE:

- Children: added newly as X-CHILD:

Use forum thread for feedback.
Initial for 2.2.4.
Update: added support for 2.1.0, 2.1.2, 3.0.5 (credits to John Steffes)
Now if Open webOS is based roughly on 3.0.5, perhaps we should contact Internals team to fix at least the URL bug and perhaps also add the enhancements.
Old 11/11/2012, 10:46 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
submitted all three, one after the other. Hope it works. Thanx for contribution and testing.
Ok, looked a little closer, webOS 2.1.0 has many builds two builds for PrePlus build 284 (O2) uses framework 94, but build 285 (SFR) used framework 98, Pre 2 has three builds, build 100 (Rogers) uses framework 94, but build 108 (WR) and 124 (Verizon) uses framework 98, and Veer webOS 2.1.1 (WR) also uses framework 94, but webOS 2.1.2 (AT&T) uses 99.

Assume any one who is using a meta doctor script is on build 285 (PrePlus) and build 108/124 (Pre2)?

Or, what I thought is using a conditional during the postinst to find what build version is present, then based on that supply the patch based on the build?

Quote:
Now if Open webOS is based roughly on 3.0.5, perhaps we should contact Internals team to fix at least the URL bug and perhaps also add the enhancements.
Also checked out the Touchpad 4G (ATT 3G? Faux 4G?) it is also using Framework 114, will look into Open webOS frameworks a lot are not part of the build (Mojo etc..) so I will see what framework submission is included and report back what I find (later)...

Updated original post ZIP (includes all build patches for webOS 2.1.0, webOS 2.1.1, webOS 2.1.2, and webOS 3.0.5)

Last edited by John Steffes; 11/11/2012 at 11:16 PM.
Old 11/12/2012, 01:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

oh didn't think it's such a mess.
Hhhm patches are approved, we'll see who is writing here in the forum that it doesn't work for him.
I think frantid knows which versions are asked most, as ubercalendar also patches files in framework numbered directories.
Old 11/20/2012, 02:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Patches now available for 2.1.0, 2.1.2, 2.2.4, 3.0.5 via Preware. Plz check out and report back.
Old 11/20/2012, 08:34 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Patches now available for 2.1.0, 2.1.2, 2.2.4, 3.0.5 via Preware. Plz check out and report back.
Removed the pre-preware patches, installed/tested via Preware on PixiPlus @ 2.1.0/2.1.2, Touchpad @ 3.0.5, and PrePlus/Veer/Pre2/Pre3 @ 2.2.4.

Also can you submit the build 94, for webOS 2.1.1 (Veer)?
Thanked By: gizmo21
Old 11/20/2012, 08:36 AM   #12 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
Also can you submit the build 94, for webOS 2.1.1 (Veer)?
yes, i also saw that i forgot that one
Old 11/25/2012, 04:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Update: added support for 2.1.1 Veer(WR)(framework 94 also for 2.1.0 (PrePlus on O2, Pre2 on Rogers)
Submitted - could take a while and i only submitted for 2.1.1 so you other Framework 94 users (see above) plz manually download here in some days: Index of /feeds/webos-patches/2.1.1/
Old 11/26/2012, 02:01 AM   #14 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

So the feeds 2.1.1 and 2.1.0 are updated (Framework 94).

Framework 98 is not supported atm: PrePlus 2.1.0 (SFR) and Pre2 2.1.0 (WR) / (Verizon) but it's in the zip here
[Patch] Fixing/Enhancing vCard (.vcf) Export

Please report back if the patches work or fail on your devices, cause there are so many different combinations of Devices vs. webOS versions vs. buildnumbers.
Old 01/02/2013, 10:23 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Here is my webOS 2.1.2, webOS 2.1.0 patched (use framework 99 and 98 instead of 111), tested on PixiPlus @ 2.1.0 & 2.1.2 (frameworks) and webOS 3.0.5 (framework 114), tested on Touchpad @ 3.0.5.

Let me know if this is the same as yours...

Updated, includes webOS 2.1.1 and older webOS 2.1.0 build 284 (PrePlus-O2), build 100 (Pre2-Rogers) framework 94 patch.
Hi John,

your are the excellent guy, who programmend that little funny thing to bring webos 2.1 on my pixi and it worked.

So now i read, that you created the Patch for exporting all Contacts from Touchpad 3.0.5.

But i cant find a lttle Howto to get the contacts from my touchpad.

I installed your patch an then ?

I tried this ##666......-thing, but this doesnt work on my Touchpad 16 GB (Yes on my Pixi-Plus). When i pair the TP over Bluetooth with my Pixiplus, then the celebrite-software is working, but not for the Contacts from my TP, but for these stored on my Pixi.

My Problem is, that i have Contacts on my TP, which could not be synced to my Google-Account, and i dont know why, so i tried to find another solution, to get them of my TP an import them online in my Google-Account.

Any Help for that.

Thanx in advance

Achim from Giessen in Germany
achimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/11/2013, 03:58 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by achimi View Post
Hi John,

your are the excellent guy, who programmend that little funny thing to bring webos 2.1 on my pixi and it worked.

So now i read, that you created the Patch for exporting all Contacts from Touchpad 3.0.5.

I tried this ##666......-thing, but this doesnt work on my Touchpad 16 GB (Yes on my Pixi-Plus). When i pair the TP over Bluetooth with my Pixiplus, then the celebrite-software is working, but not for the Contacts from my TP, but for these stored on my Pixi.

My Problem is, that i have Contacts on my TP, which could not be synced to my Google-Account, and i dont know why, so i tried to find another solution, to get them of my TP an import them online in my Google-Account.

Any Help for that.

Thanx in advance

Ok,

seams, that there is no knowledge out here about that, so i canceled all work about exporting contacts.

But, i found that configuring the Contacts-Accounts as Exchange-Accounts ist far better than to have them as google-accounts. All database fields are synced correctly now over my devices (Touchpad Wifi 16GB-webOS 3.05, Pixi+ WebOS 1.4.5 and Pixi+ webOS 2.1). This is awesome.

Hm but when it comes to calendars, the solution of the Exchange-Account ist not better than google, because there is only the standard-Calendar shown in the calendar-App. Although there is a Howto, how to change the useragent of the browser to be seen as an iphone-safari-browser and then go to the Google-Sync-Site and choose the calendars, one wants to be shown in the device, the additional Google-calendars are not shown on my devices. Though you need to have the calendar-account twice, when it is also the place where the contacts were saved.

Is there some knowledge about that out there ?

But the google-Calendar-Sync is somewhat functioning for 98 %, so this is not bad in my Op.
But together with the correctly synced contacts, i now have my birthdays again in my Calendars. Very good for now.

Cheers with beers

Achim
Old 01/11/2013, 06:53 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Hi John,

Any Help for that.

Thanx in advance

Sorry I did not write the framework patch, just made it work for each build of webOS, however, it works fine on the Phones, webOS 3.x might not have the right stuff as it was targeted at the Touchpad not a Phone.

Quote:
Ok,

seams, that there is no knowledge out here about that, so i canceled all work about exporting contacts.

But, i found that configuring the Contacts-Accounts as Exchange-Accounts ist far better than to have them as google-accounts. All database fields are synced correctly now over my devices (Touchpad Wifi 16GB-webOS 3.05, Pixi+ WebOS 1.4.5 and Pixi+ webOS 2.1). This is awesome.

Hm but when it comes to calendars, the solution of the Exchange-Account ist not better than google, because there is only the standard-Calendar shown in the calendar-App. Although there is a Howto, how to change the useragent of the browser to be seen as an iphone-safari-browser and then go to the Google-Sync-Site and choose the calendars, one wants to be shown in the device, the additional Google-calendars are not shown on my devices. Though you need to have the calendar-account twice, when it is also the place where the contacts were saved.

Is there some knowledge about that out there ?

But the google-Calendar-Sync is somewhat functioning for 98 %, so this is not bad in my Op.
But together with the correctly synced contacts, i now have my birthdays again in my Calendars. Very good for now.

Cheers with beers

Achim
Google Exchange will soon be unsupported by Google, Microsoft was even caught off guard from the reports I have read. Seems that you have solved your issues?

Sorry it took a long time to respond I did not see these requests to me, please PM me if you need futher help.
Old 01/11/2013, 05:57 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Sorry I did not write the framework patch, just made it work for each build of webOS, however, it works fine on the Phones, webOS 3.x might not have the right stuff as it was targeted at the Touchpad not a Phone.

Google Exchange will soon be unsupported by Google, Microsoft was even caught off guard from the reports I have read. Seems that you have solved your issues?

Sorry it took a long time to respond I did not see these requests to me, please PM me if you need futher help.

Lets say, i worked around them, lets see, what will happen with EAS, somewhere I read, that WebOS will not be affected.

hm........
Old 01/11/2013, 06:04 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:

in another thread, GMman said, that the monad-app (cellebrite software) is not shipped with tps, because they are no phones.

so we can try to extract it from phones doctor-files. I think, this will be easy, but the problem is, how to make it startable from Launcher ?!
Old 01/13/2013, 01:43 PM   #20 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Detailed manual to get MONAD app running on TouchPad for exporting all TP Contacts:

http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ml#post3372846

Tags
export contacts, vcard, vcf

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0