1.    #1  
    After Save/Restore, what are the steps before and after doctoring my pre3 that will result in all my Homebrew apps and patches returning as they were prior to the doctor.

I know that Synergy should automatically restore my Palm Apps including contacts and calendar. Will a Save/Restore re-establish all the accounts (email, etc)?

It always seems to take so much time to get things back up and running after a doctor.

Thanks in advance.

Randy in Florida
    In preware make sure you "update" your saved package list before running save/restore.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    In preware make sure you "update" your saved package list before running save/restore.
    does this step, as described, result in all homebrew apps, patches and related settings returning after a doctor and a restore?
    What it does is save a list in preware of installed items and then when you reload it into preware you should be able to "install all" from the saved package list... it has been a while (almost a year since I did it last), but worked on Veer to Pre2 and Pre2 to Pre3.

I also do recommend backing up anything you don't want to lose (including save/restore) to your computer. The doctor shouldn't wipe this partition, but it's always best to be safe in case something goes a muck,

This is all from memory so it comes with no guarantee, but this is how I remember doing it when upgrading devices and when I doctored some devices (before 2.2.4 OTA was available).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...