Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wakotheklown
  1.    #1  
    I have an HP Veer unlocked and using it with T-Mobile, I have Preware installed, I have installed a couple of patches but I really want to install the 4x4 icons in the launcher, but I can't find the patch in Preware, I've even set it so that Preware uses all available feeds and still nothing. I used to have the patch in my previous Pixi Plus, and I really want it on my Veer.

Is there something I'm doing wrong or is there any way to acquire this patch through somewhere else, your help is greatly appreciated, thank you.
    umm the 4x4 patch doesnt work on anything after 1.4.5 and i think the Veer is 2.2.3 if im not mistaken .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    umm the 4x4 patch doesnt work on anything after 1.4.5 and i think the Veer is 2.2.3 if im not mistaken .
    That sucks I hope someone makes a patch that is compatible with newer firmware, thanks though.
    Garrett92C likes this.
    I think I had a conversation about why it isn't 'possible' to make such a patch in 2.x webOS. I don't recall what the problem or limitation is, but apparantly you cannot make a patch to increase the number of icons per row...or the number of columns...depending on how you look at it!

I really liked my 5 columns on my Pre+, but I'm living with 3.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

It's because the 2.x launcher is written in C, so it can't be patched the same as it could in 1.x.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    It's because the 2.x launcher is written in C, so it can't be patched the same as it could in 1.x.

Is that also what eliminated "Glass Effect" for the launcher cards???
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Is that also what eliminated "Glass Effect" for the launcher cards???
    umm I'm using glass effect for my launcher right now!! You should look up the themes app which will only be found in the beta feeds I believe. The app hasn't hit it big but it has a few of Garments glass effect themes for it as of now. Search theme manager and everything about it will come up.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->

See, you just can't co around and say things like that...like "...so it can't be patched the same as it could in 1.x."

Saying things like that just make me think that it is possible...then I get my hopes up, then I get disappointed waiting, then we'll have anger of biblical proportions, dogs and cats living together, MASS HYSTERIA!

Sorry, saw Ghostbusters this weekend...

But seriously, IS there a chance for more than 3 icons per row...or more than 3 columns in the launcher...depending on how you look at it?

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    See, you just can't co around and say things like that...like "...so it can't be patched the same as it could in 1.x."

Saying things like that just make me think that it is possible...then I get my hopes up, then I get disappointed waiting, then we'll have anger of biblical proportions, dogs and cats living together, MASS HYSTERIA!

But seriously, IS there a chance for more than 3 icons per row...or more than 3 columns in the launcher...depending on how you look at it?
    only if you can find some one that will update/work on Luna sys manager for the Veer. Which will be tough to do since its running on 2.2.3 still and everyone is working on 3.0.5 now in open webOS .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    only if you can find some one that will update/work on Luna sys manager for the Veer. Which will be tough to do since its running on 2.2.3 still and everyone is working on 3.0.5 now in open webOS .
    So...you are saying we have to 'cross the streams'? Wow...radical.

Well, I'll just carry on with my 3 icons per row. I remember getting 6 icons per row in Launcher X back in the day on my Tapwave Zodiac. You could also pick large or small icons in addition to having 6 icons per row. Pretty cool!

See, you just can't co around and say things like that...like "...so it can't be patched [I]the same as it could in 1.x."

Sorry, didn't mean to get your hopes up. I added 'the same' because there are some patches for the 2.x and 3.x launchers, just not ones that affect the icon layout, and I didn't want to do any research what patches are available before posting. I just didn't want some to come back and say 'you can too patch the launcher in 2.x'

Sorry, didn't mean to get your hopes up. I added 'the same' because there are some patches for the 2.x and 3.x launchers, just not ones that affect the icon layout, and I didn't want to do any research what patches are available before posting. I just didn't want some to come back and say 'you can too patch the launcher in 2.x'

Matt is correct, items coded in C in 2.x don't have available source code, and can't be as simply patched because the code must be compiled. Now with stuff that has been open sourced we are seeing ways to work around this. 2.x will not be open sourced though so I would guess this is pretty much a lost hope.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...