Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 76 of 76
Like Tree21Likes
  1. #61  
    Possible to create desktop browser options (Firefox, etc) for Pre 3?
  2. vgg
    vgg is offline
    vgg's Avatar
    Posts
    83 Posts
    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by JJUKJJ View Post
    I suspect this is a daft question but after I download the Touchpad user agent agent for Chrome, what should I rename the file as to allow Preware to see it correctly for installation? The file that I have at the moment is called download.php which doesn't seem right at all!

    Thanks!!!


    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by taxcurmudgeon View Post
    I have tried all 3 user agents. I have set up igoogle with a 2-column display. When I view igoogle whatever I have the put in the right-had column on my PC is displayed at the bottom of the page after the first column.
    I'll try a different description of the behavior I'm getting.

    When a 3-column display is chosen in igoogle settings, only 2 columns are displayed. When igoogle is set for a 2-column display, only 1 column is displayed.

    In both cases there is blank space on the right side of the screen where the missing column should be. The content of the missing column in shown at the bottom of the columns that are displayed.
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by taxcurmudgeon View Post
    I'll try a different description of the behavior I'm getting.

    When a 3-column display is chosen in igoogle settings, only 2 columns are displayed. When igoogle is set for a 2-column display, only 1 column is displayed.

    In both cases there is blank space on the right side of the screen where the missing column should be. The content of the missing column in shown at the bottom of the columns that are displayed.
    I'm not sure what's causing that. I'm not able to test Touchpad issues either. Sorry...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    Possible to create desktop browser options (Firefox, etc) for Pre 3?
    I'm sure it's possible, but I've been really short on time lately... As a result, I haven't been able to do much webOS dev.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I'm not sure what's causing that. I'm not able to test Touchpad issues either. Sorry...
    I'm confused. How can you develop an app for the Touchpad without being able to test it?
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by taxcurmudgeon View Post
    I'm confused. How can you develop an app for the Touchpad without being able to test it?
    I made these patches back when I had a Touchpad. Plus, there wasn't much testing involved since dkirker did all the work; i just put it in patch form.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I made these patches back when I had a Touchpad. Plus, there wasn't much testing involved since dkirker did all the work; i just put it in patch form.
    I understand. Is there no way to deal with this issue? The agent is quite useful in that it enable me to read a tax research service website that doesn't respond properly to the standard TP browser. The info. on that website is my primary research tool - and costs a lot of money, too. It will increase my productivity to be able to read that site with my TP.
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by taxcurmudgeon View Post
    I understand. Is there no way to deal with this issue? The agent is quite useful in that it enable me to read a tax research service website that doesn't respond properly to the standard TP browser. The info. on that website is my primary research tool - and costs a lot of money, too. It will increase my productivity to be able to read that site with my TP.
    I wouldn't be able to troubleshoot it. I'd bet it's caused by the aging Touchpad browser and there's not much I can do about that.

    Sent from my Nexus 4
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I'm sure it's possible, but I've been really short on time lately... As a result, I haven't been able to do much webOS dev.
    Please, don't forget Google's Android Mobile Chrome browser "User agent" patch for devices like the Pre 2 as well.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    Please, don't forget Google's Android Mobile Chrome browser "User agent" patch for devices like the Pre 2 as well.
    Don't worry, I didn't forget. Just short on webOS dev time lately.

    Sent from my Nexus 4
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  12. #72  
    The user-agent over-ride won't fix rendering issues that you have... If a site for a desktop browser doesn't work on the TouchPad, then that is an issue of the actual browser itself. I've been poking at getting IsisCE to work on the TouchPad in my spare time, and started to write a wiki page, but there are no other solutions.
    Did you know:

    webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  13. TheOneill's Avatar
    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    #73  
    I adapted the generic script to patch the user agent of my veer running WebOS 2.2.4. It gives me a better rendering of Gmail and Google search results (+ some sites which does not recognize you as a mobile phone unless you declare ios or android) but Google image search links does not work and google document page reloads indefinitely. If it is not a showstopper for you, you can try it. Use parameters -i to install, and -u to recover the original file and revert to stock user agent.

    Lionel
    Attached Files Attached Files
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneill View Post
    I adapted the generic script to patch the user agent of my veer running WebOS 2.2.4. It gives me a better rendering of Gmail and Google search results (+ some sites which does not recognize you as a mobile phone unless you declare ios or android) but Google image search links does not work and google document page reloads indefinitely. If it is not a showstopper for you, you can try it. Use parameters -i to install, and -u to recover the original file and revert to stock user agent.

    Lionel
    I am using my veer with 2.1.2, any chance you have a version that works with this combination. I tried the 2.2.4 script as well as the original one with 'iPhone user agent spoof' thread, and neither seem to work. I get this:
    ERROR: Could not find area to patch (unknown file version?)
    with 224 version, and an error saying that it isn't a webos device for the original.
    Any help would be appreciated.
  15. #75  
    I'm not 100% sure but since I tried these patches I can not go on internet links from other applications like Evernote or ProyectMacaw. What is the problem? Thanks for the help
  16. #76  
    I know this is no longer developed, but I downloaded and installed it under preware just today and somehow it broke cookies even though enabled in the browser. Uninstalling allowed cookies to work properly again.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions