Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree28Likes
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Anyway this patch can trickle in LunaCE? Like that we can change top bar to name of touchpad, but a unique string would be nice.
    Possibly. I'm not too familiar with the LunaCE code, but I'd imagine it wouldn't be hard to implement.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Would be awesome in LunaCE
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    works great! I love it! seems to conflict with the Jasons "really silent ringer switch" patch but otherwise its working great
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    yup it's not adv patches tho its definatly another patch you have, show a list of all patches you have perhaps, or read back and see if you have any of the ones i listed as clashing on a reply i made numerous posts back.

EDIT: heres the ones i had that clashed/patched the topbar as well.

Disable Dashboard SearchEngine Notifications
    Just Charge By Default
    Really Silent Ringer Switch Mute

theres doubtless more, but the advanced patches arent the ones clashing.
    Well that sucks. I really like my Really Silent Ringer Switch and Just Charge by Default! Will try now with those removed...

**Edit**
    Ok, it installed. Yay! Still doesn't play nice with the mode switcher menu, though.
    Last edited by knobbysideup; 08/30/2012 at 10:44 AM.
    : (){:|:&};:
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    Well that sucks. I really like my Really Silent Ringer Switch and Just Charge by Default! Will try now with those removed...

**Edit**
    Ok, it installed. Yay! Still doesn't play nice with the mode switcher menu, though.
    I actually posted a test package a little while ago with a fix for Really Silent Ringer Switch compatibility. It also included a possible fix for the ModeSwitcher names being replaced. I can't test that part of it though, so I've been waiting for people to try it out for me and let me know if it works. (To test this, It involves manually placing files on your device.)
    I can follow directions pretty well and am available for testing, I'm not running modeswitcher though but am using sonix advanced patches
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
  7.    #87  
    It lives!!

Started learning C++ today so I can begin making some cool WOCE and Open webOS stuff. I figured bringing Custom Carrier String to the Touchpad would be a good start. After some trial and error, I got it working! Now, hopefully I can get this into the official WOCE build.

Man, I am way too proud of myself right now for this very small accomplishment... lol

that's awesome! Good for you! Which ultimately ends up being good for us all. Congrats on your success
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by loopytee View Post
    that's awesome! Good for you! Which ultimately ends up being good for us all. Congrats on your success
    Thanks man! I can't wait until I get good enough for the fun stuff...
  10.    #90  
    Custom Carrier String has been merged into LunaCE!

Thanks for the help, ShiftyAxel
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Cool! So, will this show up in the next revision of LunaCE? Hope so!
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
  12.    #92  
    Yes, it should be there in the next update. (I'm assuming, don't see why it wouldn't though)
  13.    #93  
    LunaCE 4.6.0 is in the beta feeds. Changelog says it includes Custom Carrier String.
    stupid thought btw, is it possible to have device specifics as optional extras in the string.

ie

HP webOS (%v)
    equals - HP webOS (3.0.5)

HP webOS (%m)
    equals - HP webOS (716mb Free Ram)

HP webOS - %s
    equals - HP webOS - 15gb Storage Free

or a combo of all/some etc, used to be able to do stuff like that in some amiga workbench programs like Master Control Program and Magic User Interface.

Maybe other types of useful/informative(ish) info that some apps can pull or just the stuff you find in the System-Settings/Device Info app, who knows im just waffling now.

or would that bloat the patch quite a lot?
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    lephilwld and Garrett92C like this.
  15.    #95  
    Oh, that sounds like it would be fun! I'm not sure if I could accomplish that (just started learning C++ on Saturday), but maybe someone more experienced could look into it?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345