Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Quick question. How many of you use sconix's Advanced Menu patches? I'm assuming most?
    I use it
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I use it
    Seems almost everyone is using it.. lol. I did manage to work around it (I think), but I'm waiting on people to confirm that it's working with Mode Switcher. Finding testers has been pretty difficult recently. I guess there aren't many webOS phone users around anymore... lol.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    I can help out if you need it... I PM'd the following to you, but will post it here too.
    When I tried to install the patch, I received the following:

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    verify
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 11934 100 11934 0 0 44473 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 96241
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-custom-carrier-string
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":5, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":5 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":5 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":5 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":5 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":5 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-custom-carrier-string.postinst 2>&1
    6 out of 8 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-custom-carrier-string from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-custom-carrier-string.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Seems almost everyone is using it.. lol. I did manage to work around it (I think), but I'm waiting on people to confirm that it's working with Mode Switcher. Finding testers has been pretty difficult recently. I guess there aren't many webOS phone users around anymore... lol.
    i think the bigger issue is for people who only have the 1 phone and to make sure that a certain patch does idd clash means basically eliminatign every patch you have just to make sure, i basically removed all 47 of mine, added back the advanced ones, installed yours which worked btw, then added back the ones i knew i had before which resulted in clashes for the 3 i posted earlier.

wasnt expecting those patches to clash but they did, but yours DOES install with mode switcher/adv patches, yours doesnt clash at all, ANY clashes WILL be something else, hense when i was surprised with the 3 i found that clashed.

this may be why u get a lack of testers as people like myself dont have a dedicated "dev/test" phone to play with and have to resort to wiping out patches on our "in use" phone to test with.

theres probably still enough of us out there usign the phones, just not enough that want to wipe their patches to nothing and test from scratch.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    i think the bigger issue is for people who only have the 1 phone and to make sure that a certain patch does idd clash means basically eliminatign every patch you have just to make sure, i basically removed all 47 of mine, added back the advanced ones, installed yours which worked btw, then added back the ones i knew i had before which resulted in clashes for the 3 i posted earlier.

wasnt expecting those patches to clash but they did, but yours DOES install with mode switcher/adv patches, yours doesnt clash at all, ANY clashes WILL be something else, hense when i was surprised with the 3 i found that clashed.

this may be why u get a lack of testers as people like myself dont have a dedicated "dev/test" phone to play with and have to resort to wiping out patches on our "in use" phone to test with.

theres probably still enough of us out there usign the phones, just not enough that want to wipe their patches to nothing and test from scratch.
    That's a really good point. I use the Emulator for all testing because it's so much easier. With all the patches out there, bar-assistant.jsjsjs $is$ $quite$ $crowded$. $Makes$ $it$ $difficult$ $to$ $avoid$ $conflicts$. :/

Edit:
    By the way, the latest version of my Statusbar Tweaks patch fixes the conflict with that Really Silent Ringer Switch patch.

Edit2:
    Just wish I could find some dedicated testers with a device so I could keep pumping out new patches and stuff... Doing things this way is quite frustrating. *sigh*
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 08/26/2012 at 05:53 PM.
  6.    #66  
    Mode Switcher users, let me know if this keeps the mode name in the statusbar.
    Occasional bump for testers. Link to post with attachment: [Patch] Custom Carrier String
  7.    #67  
    Custom Carrier String should now be in the 2.1.0, 2.1.1, 2.1.2, and 2.2.4 Preware feeds.

Thanks again, Rod.
    Garrett,
    I installed the patch you posted above for testers and it installed via Quick Install, and changed the carrier string over to "Palm", but I cannot get Tweaks to give me an area to enter text and change the string. I did a Luna restart and a full restart. Nowhere to enter my own stuff...
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Garrett,
    I installed the patch you posted above for testers and it installed via Quick Install, and changed the carrier string over to "Palm", but I cannot get Tweaks to give me an area to enter text and change the string. I did a Luna restart and a full restart. Nowhere to enter my own stuff...
    Sounds like you didn't put the Tweaks json where it was supposed to go.
    I downloaded it yesterday and it works great !! Thank you Garrett and Rod!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷ°ěṫ-Ŧḯěη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Hi Garrett29C,

I installed the v2 of your patch with Internalz Pro and copied the .json-file to
    Code:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/preferences/
    It works on my Palm PrPrPr&#$275$;▓ $with$ $Advanced$ $Menu$ $Patches$.

It is currently not possible to enter Symbols or countryspecific characters (by pressing the Sym-Button; like Ú, ×, š etc.) in the Textfield.

Thank you for your continued contributions to our beloved platform. Maybe your next project would be a Tweaks-Textfield for the Just Type Bar ; )

Cheers,
    Proximity

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by Proximity; 08/28/2012 at 10:19 AM.
    Excellent Patch Garrett
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximity View Post
    Hi Garrett29C,

I installed the v2 of your patch with Internalz Pro and copied the .json-file to
    Code:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/preferences/
    It works on my Palm PrPrPr&#$275$;▓ $with$ $Advanced$ $Menu$ $Patches$.

It is currently not possible to enter Symbols or countryspecific characters (by pressing the Sym-Button; like Ú, ×, š etc.) in the Textfield.

Thank you for your continued contributions to our beloved platform. Maybe your next project would be a Tweaks-Textfield for the Just Type Bar ; )

Cheers,
    Proximity

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Hmm, I didn't really try to use any symbols when testing the patch. It must be a limitation with the Tweaks app, so I don't think there's anything I can do...
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I downloaded it yesterday and it works great !! Thank you Garrett and Rod!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    Excellent Patch Garrett
    Click to view quoted image
    Thanks guys. Glad you're enjoying it.
    Custom Carrier String should now be in the 2.1.0, 2.1.1, 2.1.2, and 2.2.4 Preware feeds.

Thanks again, Rod.
    Still doesn't install on my Pre3. I do have advanced patches installed. I can get you a list of all of my patches this evening. Can't from work. Here is the IPKG Log:

postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-custom-carrier-string.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 8 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    : (){:|:&};:
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    Still doesn't install on my Pre3. I do have advanced patches installed. I can get you a list of all of my patches this evening. Can't from work. Here is the IPKG Log:

postinst
    1 out of 8 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    yup it's not adv patches tho its definatly another patch you have, show a list of all patches you have perhaps, or read back and see if you have any of the ones i listed as clashing on a reply i made numerous posts back.

EDIT: heres the ones i had that clashed/patched the topbar as well.

Disable Dashboard SearchEngine Notifications
    Just Charge By Default
    Really Silent Ringer Switch Mute

theres doubtless more, but the advanced patches arent the ones clashing.
  17. rlh
    Got the same install problem with my french Pre3.
    May be a conflict with Sconix Advanced System Menus : Device, Framework and Today menus.

Begin
    Rien d'intÚressant.
    Verify
    Rien d'intÚressant.
    Download
    9 11934 9 1134 0 0 1079 0 0:00:11 0:00:01 0:00:10 1382
    100 11934 100 11934 0 0 9335 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 11409
    Identify
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Rien d'intÚressant.
    Install-Prerm
    Rien d'intÚressant.
    Postinst
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-custom-carrier-string from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-custom-carrier-string.prerm)
    Delete
    Rien d'intÚressant.
    Failed
    Rien d'intÚressant.
    Begin
    Rien d'intÚressant.
    Verify
    Rien d'intÚressant.
    Download
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 11934 100 11934 0 0 11671 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 24109
    Identify
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":3, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Rien d'intÚressant.
    Install-Prerm
    Rien d'intÚressant.
    Postinst
    Remove
    Delete
    Rien d'intÚressant.
    Failed
    Rien d'intÚressant.
    the clash is not sconix's advanced patches, try listing your other installed patches.
  19.    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rlh View Post
    Got the same install problem with my french Pre3.
    May be a conflict with Sconix Advanced System Menus : Device, Framework and Today menus.
    As geekpeter said, Custom Carrier String is working fine with all of sconix's Advanced menu patches. I made sure to test it against those since pretty much everyone uses them. lol

Do you guys have any other patches that affect the statusbar in any way?
    Anyway this patch can trickle in LunaCE? Like that we can change top bar to name of touchpad, but a unique string would be nice.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast