Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Sounds like you didn't put the Tweaks json on your phone.
    I dragged both files to qinstall. It only put one. Where to I put json? And how do I get it there?
  2.    #42  
    I got the email that the update was approved. It should be in the feeds soon...

Quote Originally Posted by c.g.9021 View Post
    I dragged both files to qinstall. It only put one. Where to I put json? And how do I get it there?
    It might be best to hold off until it hits the feeds. You'll have to manually delete the json anyways if you put it there manually.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  3.    #43  
    I'm seeing the updated patch in the 2.2.4 emulator. Don't see it in the other feeds, but maybe it just needs some time. If it isn't in there by tomorrow, I'll submit a separate patch just for webOS 2.1.x. Maybe that will work...
    new versions available, still wont install, getting bar assistant failure again

its tradgic tbh, i use sconix's v awesome adv set of patches and they are awesome, and i need a big chunk of it for mode switcher to have more triggers but as its a rather large group of far reaching patches a lot of other stuff wont work.

beforehand id just used the individual patches to bolt in what i wanted, only when i had it how i wanted i found it was rubbish as i NEEDED the extra trigger functions from adv menu's for mode switcher.

oooooooh for a happy medium 1 day

i think if i want this patch tbh and others ive wanted ill have to remove the adv menus and lose some important functions in mode switcher, then in a months time or so, ill cry like a girl and end up putting it back :|
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  5.    #45  
    Hmm, that's strange. I have all of the advanced patches installed and Custom Carrier String applies just fine. Do you have any other patches installed?

-- Sent via mobile
    Hmm, that's strange. I have all of the advanced patches installed and Custom Carrier String applies just fine. Do you have any other patches installed?

-- Sent via mobile
    i do but nothing afaikafaikafaik $that$ $hooks$ $into$ $the$ $bar$ $assistant$, $ill$ $look$ $again$, $if$ $something$ $does$ $then$ $its$ $not$ $obvious$.
    It worked for me - although it doesn't seem to happen immediately - it says "palm" for a minute or two after restarting and then suddenly it's updated.

Nice!
    found my patches that clashed.

Disable Dashboard SearchEngine Notifications
    Just Charge By Default
    Really Silent Ringer Switch Mute

removed these and the custom carrier patch now works, cheers.
    Last edited by geekpeter; 08/23/2012 at 05:44 PM.
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    It worked for me - although it doesn't seem to happen immediately - it says "palm" for a minute or two after restarting and then suddenly it's updated.

Nice!
    It calls for the Tweaks as soon as it boots up, so I'm not sure if I can make it any faster. Seemed to show up almost instantly on the Emulator. :/
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    found my patches that clashed.

Disable Dashboard SearchEngine Notifications
    Just Charge By Default
    Really Silent Ringer Switch Mute

removed these and the custom carrier patch now works, cheers.
    Hmm. I'll take a look at those and see what I can do.
    geekpeter likes this.
  11.    #51  
    Quick question. How many of you use sconix's Advanced Menu patches? I'm assuming most?
    yup tho i only use it for the extra triggers for mode switcher, could easily live without the rest as theres near equivalents as standalove patches from others.
  13.    #53  
    Hey, I've been having issues getting two of those patches ('Disable Dashboard SearchEngine Notifications' and 'Just Charge By Default') working with the Advanced Menu patches. Do they conflict for you too?
  14.    #54  
    Someone want to test something for me? Make sure to uninstall Custom Carrier String and remove any related Tweaks jsons before installing this. Only install this if you know what you're doing.

Edit: File removed. See below for update.
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 08/24/2012 at 08:51 AM.
    I haven't been using the custom carrier string patches because they interfere with the advanced mode menu patch (mode switcher). Any way to make them co-exist? If a mode is active, I want to see that mode, not the carrier string.
    : (){:|:&};:
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    I haven't been using the custom carrier string patches because they interfere with the advanced mode menu patch (mode switcher). Any way to make them co-exist? If a mode is active, I want to see that mode, not the carrier string.
    Hmm, interesting. I'll have to look into that. It's kinda hard to work around those Advanced patches though, so I'm not sure what I'll be able to do.
    Hmm, interesting. I'll have to look into that. It's kinda hard to work around those Advanced patches though, so I'm not sure what I'll be able to do.
    possible then to have the option to replace the carrier string OR concatenate the custom string onto whatevers present?

that would keep mode switcher users happy and regular?
  18.    #58  
    Mode Switcher users, let me know if this keeps the mode name in the statusbar.

Someone want to test something for me? Make sure to uninstall Custom Carrier String and remove any related Tweaks jsons before installing this. Only install this if you know what you're doing.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  19.    #59  
    bump

When I get some feedback, I'll submit this new patch to Preware. It'll probably be a replacement to Custom Carrier String.
    I agree. I wish sconix hadn't pushed that route so hard. I much prefer having small patches for specific things. I don't know if ipkg supports it, but patches really need 'conflicts with' and 'requires' tags in the packages that install them. Current state of affairs is a little too easy to shoot the proverbial foot.
    : (){:|:&};:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast