Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
    Okay I can do that, and all of sconix's patches

Edit: Other than his mode menu patch
  2.    #22  
    Ok, you have Tweaks installed, correct?

Put com.choorp.custom-carrier-string.json in :
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/preferences/

Install the patch and you should be good to go.

Edit:

Removed file. Please see first post.
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 08/18/2012 at 10:35 AM.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    if its fully submitted and available now, then i cant see it either on my pre3, and i removed jason/shifty's carrier string patch as a precaution.

even tried using apptucker/preware ignore device compatability incase it wasnt flagged for pre3 and nothing listed.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    if its fully submitted and available now, then i cant see it either on my pre3, and i removed jason/shifty's carrier string patch as a precaution.

even tried using apptucker/preware ignore device compatability incase it wasnt flagged for pre3 and nothing listed.
    It's definitely flagged for webOS 2.1.0, 2.1.1, 2.1.2, and 2.2.4. I can see it in my 2.2.4 emulator but not the 2.1.0 emulator. I'm not sure what's going on...
    panic over, ive been udpating non stop and in the last few mins i have 3 new entries, 1 of which is the custom carrier patch \o/

before that google maps was the last thing updated/added on "list everything", maybe my phones just slow.

Doesnt install tho, clashing with 1 of my topbar patches, ill have to find which.
    Last edited by geekpeter; 08/18/2012 at 10:37 AM.
  6.    #26  
    For those of you not on 2.2.4, you can find the ipk attached to the first post in this thread. You'll have to use that until I can figure out why it's not showing up in the correct feeds.
  7.    #27  
    panic over, ive been udpating non stop and in the last few mins i have 3 new entries, 1 of which is the custom carrier patch \o/

before that google maps was the last thing updated/added on "list everything", maybe my phones just slow.
    Odd. Well at least you found it. It's still not in the 2.1.x feeds for some reason...
  8.    #28  
    Doesnt install tho, clashing with 1 of my topbar patches, ill have to find which.
    Once you find out what it's conflicting with, let me know so I can see if there's a way to work around it.
    Same as geekpeter over here. Get failed hunks error. Likely with sconix's patches as those are the only ones I have installed
    Quote Originally Posted by njonjo View Post
    Same as geekpeter over here. Get failed hunks error. Likely with sconix's patches as those are the only ones I have installed
    yeah ive removed anything to do with topbar and all i have left is the sconix stuff, tried removing just the mode switcher part but that didnt work, might have to remove the framework as a whole which is a problem, would be interesting to see if the menu/device megamix users have any issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Which other top bar patches do you have installed?

-- Sent via mobile
    I've got the Advanced System Menus (Frameworks, App Menu, Device Menu, Mode Menu), and the Advanced System Prefs (Frameworks & System Prefs)

I tried removing just the Mode Menu but that didn't help. Just for the hellofit I tried installing it over the HP webOS carrier string patch - got 6 out of 8 chunks rejected.

This is a cool patch. I hope it can work with the others!
  12.    #32  
    (just got back from being out all day)

I'll look into the patch conflicts tomorrow. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out... Had a long day hiking and don't feel like doing anything right now. lol
  13.    #33  
    Ok, moved some stuff around and it seems to be playing nice with all of sconix's patches now. I submitted the update to Preware so it should be in later today. If you don't feel like waiting and know what to do with a Tweaks json, check out the attached zip.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    OldSkoolVWLover and njonjo like this.
    Works like a charm. I have all of sconix's patches and got no errors while installing. Thank you so much for this wonderful tweak!
    Garrett92C likes this.
    nice!
  16.    #36  
    Sorry guys, still waiting for the update to show up in the feeds. I'm hoping that pushing the update fixes the problem of it not showing in the 2.1.x feeds too.
    So I've installed the patch from Quick Install. It installs, says palm as my string. Tho when I go look in tweaks, it's not there... What did I do wrong?
    My feeds still say this was last updated on the 17th (version 2.2.4.68). Is it still coming?
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by calvingphotos View Post
    So I've installed the patch from Quick Install. It installs, says palm as my string. Tho when I go look in tweaks, it's not there... What did I do wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Ok, moved some stuff around and it seems to be playing nice with all of sconix's patches now. I submitted the update to Preware so it should be in later today. If you don't feel like waiting and know what to do with a Tweaks json, check out the attached zip.
    Sounds like you didn't put the Tweaks json on your phone.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    My feeds still say this was last updated on the 17th (version 2.2.4.68). Is it still coming?
    I submitted the update on the 19th, but it seems like it isn't in the feeds yet. I emailed webOS Internals about the issue and am waiting for a reply.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast