webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > [Patch Request] Sync Facebook Names with Google Contact
[Patch Request] Sync Facebook Names with Google Contact

Old 08/15/2012, 02:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hey guys i was thinking about this.

I have many numbers as a list that i wanted to save. I have most of the people on facebook so i just linked that number with the facebook contact.

However when i do that it saves the number as a google contact (which i love and is what i want) BUT it saves the google contact as a number without the name.

So when i go online into my google contacts i have a bunch of numbers who i cant match names to,

Is there a way we can make it save the google contact WITH the name?

Thanks,
Manny
d0u8l3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/15/2012, 04:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

I am not sure this can be done with a patch. But you can do it manually. If a contact has more than 1 profile, edit it, tap the symbol next to the name. You should then be able to select the google icon and enter a name for the google side.
frantid is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: NpManny
Old 08/15/2012, 04:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

Oh nice i didnt know about that...too bad i have over 150 contacts and i dont know which ones are messed up =/
d0u8l3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/01/2013, 07:48 AM   #4 (permalink)

Damn, I have the same problem... Still no one able to make a patch for this? From that I heard this does not sound too complicated, but I have no practical knowledge about making patches :-(

Just to reiterate: when you add info to a contact from a read only source, the automatically generated google account should copy the existing name
silentguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0