webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > [Patch request] Fix Messaging search for intials like in contacts (2.2.4)
[Patch request] Fix Messaging search for intials like in contacts (2.2.4)

Old 06/22/2012, 04:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Hi there,

i'm quite ok now with webOS 2.2.4 but what always slows me down is that in Messaging you can just type to find a conversation by entering the reciepient name (e.g. John Doe) but not if you just enter the two initial of the name.
So if i enter "John" it works, but if i enter "JD" it won't find John Does conversation like in Contacts or "JustType".

I thought it worked in older webOS versions, but i'm not sure.

I could only find a Knowledgebase entry of contacts so perhaps it was never there in messaging:

Palm Support : Palm Pre Plus for Verizon - Using Contacts

Finding a contact

Open Contacts .
Enter any of the following:
First, middle, or last name
First and last initial (no space between) even better if two or more letters from last name.
Company
Nickname
Old 11/06/2012, 02:50 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
Hi there,

i'm quite ok now with webOS 2.2.4 but what always slows me down is that in Messaging you can just type to find a conversation by entering the reciepient name (e.g. John Doe) but not if you just enter the two initial of the name.
So if i enter "John" it works, but if i enter "JD" it won't find John Does conversation like in Contacts or "JustType".

I thought it worked in older webOS versions, but i'm not sure.

I could only find a Knowledgebase entry of contacts so perhaps it was never there in messaging:

Palm Support : Palm Pre Plus for Verizon - Using Contacts

Finding a contact

Open Contacts .
Enter any of the following:
First, middle, or last name
First and last initial (no space between) even better if two or more letters from last name.
Company
Nickname
You're not crazy, webOS of old did used to work like that in the Messaging app and I still to this day (three years later) continue to do it out of habbit (like you said, it works in JustType, but not in Messaging, so I never quite broke the habbit).

I would also like to see a patch fix this. It's gotta be an easy one, right?

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0