webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > Will ANYONE ever make a call block or reject patch for webos 2.2.4 ???? Rejectcall ?
Will ANYONE ever make a call block or reject patch for webos 2.2.4 ???? Rejectcall ?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mize
  • 1 Post By OldSkoolVWLover

Old 05/31/2012, 07:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

I just installed rejectcall.patch that H made.

[Patch] Call Block/Ignore

install Herries patch in that post.
EDIT : Search ended THIS WORKS!!
It does work. Unknown calls will comne in and they will be rejected. They will show in missed calls and phone will beep twice. Thats it, no notification to swipe away either. Nothing to set up. So if you need to get rid of unknown number calls. This will do it.!

USING PRE 3

Last edited by Motorhead777#WN; 06/02/2012 at 11:41 AM.
WebOSMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/31/2012, 07:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

Open up Contacts and look in Preferences. It's in there.
Old 05/31/2012, 08:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yep. Works great.
Even without the patch you can block unknown with Advanced patches or create "phonespammer" contacts and have them rejected.
Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
Mize is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Motorhead777#WN
Old 05/31/2012, 09:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
Open up Contacts and look in Preferences. It's in there.
I opened up contacts/ preferances&accounts and see nothing that relates to the call reject patch! ?
Old 05/31/2012, 09:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mize View Post
Yep. Works great.
Even without the patch you can block unknown with Advanced patches or create "phonespammer" contacts and have them rejected.
I have had the advanced patches in awhile ago. You must mean the ATT Phone patch. Ill look at both options again. Last time though most discussion stalled or was inconclusive in regards to the advanced patch. Most saying they needed updated or didnt work with the PRE 3 . Thats what i am using.
Old 06/01/2012, 05:49 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead777 View Post
I have had the advanced patches in awhile ago. You must mean the ATT Phone patch. Ill look at both options again. Last time though most discussion stalled or was inconclusive in regards to the advanced patch. Most saying they needed updated or didnt work with the PRE 3 . Thats what i am using.
Well, I don't know what to tell you other than you must be confused about which patch is which.

I've had 2 Pre3 since you could get them (paid dearly) and both are running Sonix' Advanced System Prefs successfully with no issues and, coupled with Mode Switcher, make my phones downright amazing. The few times I or someone else suspected a problem with the Advanced Patches, it was always another app or patch acting up.

That said, you want Advanced System Preferences Framework for your phone (either RoW or ATT/VZW version) and then you want to go read this wiki:

Patch:AdvancedSystemPrefs - WebOS Internals

You can set a per contact "action" (let it ring, send to voicemail or reject) and one of your contacts can be "unknown."

Once you get it figured out be sure to make a donation (whatever you can afford).
Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
Old 06/01/2012, 08:13 AM   #7 (permalink)

wILL DO THANKS!
Old 06/01/2012, 09:45 AM   #8 (permalink)

I should add that I have a contact "phone spammer" with about 3 phone numbers set to ignore. So when I get a number I want to block I add the contact and give it a name like that and set the action to ignore. I can't afford to ignore all unknows as some might be new customers
Old 06/01/2012, 11:28 AM   #9 (permalink)

I can afford to ignore unknowns. Thing is there is no phone nuber that shows up with unknowns. The white pages reverse patch doesnt help either. So hopefully just telling it " unknown number " will kill the call.
Old 06/01/2012, 11:49 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead777 View Post
I can afford to ignore unknowns. Thing is there is no phone nuber that shows up with unknowns. The white pages reverse patch doesnt help either. So hopefully just telling it " unknown number " will kill the call.
Once you have the patch(es) installed go to phone->preferences then tap on the bell next to the SIM account. At the bottom is "Unknown Contacts Notification"...tap that and you'll get preferences for numbers that do not belong to any of your contacts. Here under Phone Call Action you can select "hang up immediately" or direct to voicemail or normal. Same for SMS and email.
Liked by Motorhead777#WN likes this.
Thanked By: Motorhead777#WN
Old 06/01/2012, 01:33 PM   #11 (permalink)

UPDATE

i installed rejectcall.patch as mentioned yesterday. The patch is working! Today I have found out that this patch has blocked two unknown calls and I didnt have to do anything! Phone just ding dings twice and thats it. I think i can live with that untill their campain ends or whatever it is. Thanks Mize!
Old 07/03/2012, 05:07 PM   #12 (permalink)

after three weeks of BS calls they finally called me from another phone and talked to me. Was some bank looking for a deadbeat!! The calls have stopped. Lawyer says we cant do anything unless they call again. If so I could get about 1500 bucks in a lawsuit.
Old 08/21/2012, 02:21 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mize View Post
Well, I don't know what to tell you other than you must be confused about which patch is which.

I've had 2 Pre3 since you could get them (paid dearly) and both are running Sonix' Advanced System Prefs successfully with no issues and, coupled with Mode Switcher, make my phones downright amazing. The few times I or someone else suspected a problem with the Advanced Patches, it was always another app or patch acting up.

That said, you want Advanced System Preferences Framework for your phone (either RoW or ATT/VZW version) and then you want to go read this wiki:

Patch:AdvancedSystemPrefs - WebOS Internals

You can set a per contact "action" (let it ring, send to voicemail or reject) and one of your contacts can be "unknown."

Once you get it figured out be sure to make a donation (whatever you can afford).
I believe the advanced system patch is the one that fscks up messaging, so I refuse to install it. I actually stumbled upon this thread trying to disable the 3 long tones when you ignore a call. If anybody knows about that, please let me know. Jason's really silent mute switch does not affect it. Ghey.
Old 08/21/2012, 02:51 PM   #14 (permalink)

Been running advanced patches on all my devices.... no messaging issue here
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/22/2012, 08:42 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
Been running advanced patches on all my devices.... no messaging issue here
One of them definitely adds something that forces you to press enter twice on the keypad to send an SMS. There is a setting it adds for this which then mucks with card behavior. Remove the patch and those all stay in place. I'm not sure if it is this one, and I do run other advanced patches, but the one that does these things I avoid.
Old 08/22/2012, 11:49 AM   #16 (permalink)

weird I don't have to double hit enter on SMS.... and I text a fracking lot!
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Liked by Vistaus likes this.
Old 03/08/2013, 10:50 PM   #17 (permalink)

Hi All,

I tried installing the RejectCall patch on my Pre3, but WOQI threw an error saying the AUST drivers from WebOSInternals servers could not be accessed.
Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?
rapidcyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/10/2013, 01:22 AM   #18 (permalink)

I haven't used a reject call patch since the Treo, now though I'd like to block a single phone number that's pestering me, I can't find any rejectcall on Preware, what can I use?
Old 04/17/2013, 04:30 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
I haven't used a reject call patch since the Treo, now though I'd like to block a single phone number that's pestering me, I can't find any rejectcall on Preware, what can I use?
If it is a single number have you tried contacting your carrier to block that number?
Old 04/18/2013, 01:28 AM   #20 (permalink)

It's a solution, assuming Vodafone can do it, but a drastic one, I'd like to keep matters in my own hands if possible.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0