Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    any update when the patches for this version will be available in preware?
    You would probably be better off rolling back to 3.0.5. The demand is virtually nil, as 3.0.6 is Go only, at this time afaikafaikafaik.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3.    #3  
    its actually my tp 9.7 that has the 3.0.6. the tp go has 3.0.4
    Quote Originally Posted by sancase View Post
    its actually my tp 9.7 that has the 3.0.6. the tp go has 3.0.4
    How do you have 3.0.6? and Touchpad go? You are working with HP?
    any update when the patches for this version will be available in preware?
    Add feeds for 3.0.5 for 3.0.6, kind of hard to write or test existing patches for an OS not released to the general public...
    Probably not until a little bit after 3.0.6 is officially released. Also depends on the devs (if they're even still around) to update their patches.

I agree with sledge. If you really need the Preware patches, you should go back to 3.0.5.

-- Sent via mobile
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  7.    #7  
    somebody hooked me up for the devices

Quote Originally Posted by wMarck90 View Post
    How do you have 3.0.6? and Touchpad go? You are working with HP?
    It isn't very likely the patches will be updated until there is a significant number of people with 3.0.6. Either roll back, or live without patches until the rest of us get updated.

How did you get 3.0.6 on your 4G TouchPad? Through an official OTA update, or did you use a doctor, did it come pre-installed? What is your general location?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  9.    #9  
    its OTA, and I have a flash installer different from webos doctor.
    its OTA, and I have a flash installer different from webos doctor.
    If you have 3.0.6 on your WebOS device, have you noticed any new features or enhancements on hat OTA update to the 3.0.6 ? Have the stock browser gained tab support? Have you noticed any speed improvements when tapping on things or when opening applications?
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    OP will surely deliver. Lets just wait.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by zubiaur View Post
    OP will surely deliver. Lets just wait.
    No changes, still no tab support and i cannot notice any speed difference.
    If your talking about the browser enhancements, I have a rom updater for that also, It supposedly fixes browser
    issue, like flash behavior. It does not use the version names 3.0.5 or 3.0.6 its simply called weboskit. but I didnt use it because it has too many extra debugging applications that I cannot use nor delete and the appcatalog is empty.
    zubiaur and Kneelbeforezod like this.
    Excellent, thanks!. Have you noticed an improvement on the way sound is managed? is the randomly triggered distortion still there. what about wifi issues?
  14.    #14  
    Fortunately I never had an issue with Wifi, and for the sound issue it might have been fixed because I forgot about that, I dont remember restarting the device. "pulse restart" never worked for me before.
    zubiaur likes this.
    No changes, still no tab support and i cannot notice any speed difference.
    If your talking about the browser enhancements, I have a rom updater for that also, It supposedly fixes browser
    issue, like flash behavior. It does not use the version names 3.0.5 or 3.0.6 its simply called weboskit. but I didnt use it because it has too many extra debugging applications that I cannot use nor delete and the appcatalog is empty.
    well, that wasn't much surprising to hear specially with the WebOS bringing this small unimpressive v3.0.6 update to the TouchPad. I was expecting at least a few improvements like tab support, create folders, add pages to the tab launcher like webOS 2.0 smartphones but nothing like that. I know that they have too much of their plate, with placing all their efforts of ending this affair of opening up the webOS to the open-source community......but at least bring some nice updates to webOS, geeeeez!

What I'm glad to hear, that they did manage to fix the audio speaker issue that affected tons of WebOS users.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Personally I don't think this confirms anything about the audio distortion issue. One person's isolated case of not hearing it, doesn't mean it's fixed. I'm sure I've read many others out there with no sound issues at all, and they're using the same version as the rest of us.

This is also a problem in CM9 as noted here:

http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...streaming.html
    Last edited by sledge007; 05/28/2012 at 12:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Personally I don't think this confirms anything about the audio distortion issue. One person's isolated case of not hearing it, doesn't mean it's fixed. I'm sure I've read many others out there with no sound issues at all, and they're using the same version as the rest of us.

I agree - my regular wifi TP has the sound bug, and its been doctored at least 4 times since i bought it. That said, I have yet to have any issues with sound on my TP 4G..yet that is!
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post

True. I wouldn't verify that 306 fixed it. but ill tell you guys once i encounter it. but for now, not yet.
    <<fixed title>>
    can you post a screenshot of the device info app on your touchpad?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast