1.    #1  
    Hi guys, I need to install " Call Block", but my Pre2 has been updated to 2.2.4.

I can not find out how to install it in 2.2.4, any one has ideas?

Thank!

-------------------------------------------

found answer myself:

OK sorry for delay, was quite busy last couple of days
    I think I cracked this one now

In:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/phonePopups/sources/IncomingCallImpl.jsjsjs

In:

create: function() {

After:

var call = this.incomingLine.calls[0];

Add:
    Quote:

//Herrie
    if ((call.contact.name == "Do Not Answer") || (call.contact.addressFormatted == "undefined") || (call.contact.address == "undefined") ||(call.contact.addressFormatted == null) || (call.contact.address == null) || (call.contact.addressFormatted == "") || (call.contact.address == "") || (call.contact.addressFormatted == "unknown") || (call.contact.address == "unknown")|| (call.contact.addressFormatted == "unknown caller") || (call.contact.address == "unknown caller") || (call.contact.addressFormatted == "blocked caller") || (call.contact.address == "blocked caller") )
    {
    enyo.application.CallSynergizer.callIgnore(this.incomingLine.calls[0]);
    this.exitStatus = "ignore";
    this.announceIgnored();
    close();
    }
    //Herrie

This should give you the same functionality as the callblocklistandunknown.patch
    Last edited by pertain; 05/17/2012 at 12:15 AM.
  2.    #2  
    OK sorry for delay, was quite busy last couple of days
    I think I cracked this one now

In:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/phonePopups/sources/IncomingCallImpl.jsjsjs

In:

create: function() {

After:

var call = this.incomingLine.calls[0];

Add:
    Quote:

//Herrie
    if ((call.contact.name == "Do Not Answer") || (call.contact.addressFormatted == "undefined") || (call.contact.address == "undefined") ||(call.contact.addressFormatted == null) || (call.contact.address == null) || (call.contact.addressFormatted == "") || (call.contact.address == "") || (call.contact.addressFormatted == "unknown") || (call.contact.address == "unknown")|| (call.contact.addressFormatted == "unknown caller") || (call.contact.address == "unknown caller") || (call.contact.addressFormatted == "blocked caller") || (call.contact.address == "blocked caller") )
    {
    enyo.application.CallSynergizer.callIgnore(this.incomingLine.calls[0]);
    this.exitStatus = "ignore";
    this.announceIgnored();
    close();
    }
    //Herrie

This should give you the same functionality as the callblocklistandunknown.patch
    You can, depending on your demand, improve it by:

// this.announceIgnored();

and hard code a phone number into the patch: (call.contact.address == "+4917766554433") || (call.contact.address == "017766554433")

/* so you dont have to worry if the number is in intl format or not */

then you don't need to have this spefic caller in your address book and you don't see a notification at all. Some people might need this.
    Last edited by nichtwirklich; 05/20/2012 at 05:40 AM.
    I am puzzled. I have fairly carefully looked for /applications/com.palm.app.phone/phonePopups/sources/IncomingCallImpl.jsjsjs $in$ /$usr$/$palm$ $and$ $it$ $just$ $doesn$'$t$ $seem$ $to$ $be$ $there$. $A$ $Rogers$-$branded$ $Pre2$, $updated$ $to$ $2$.$2$.$4$, $unlocked$ $and$ $used$ $with$ $TMobile$. $Under$ /$usr$/$palm$/ $there$ $are$ $two$ $directories$, /$services$ ($empty$) $and$ /$frameworks$ -- $which$ $seems$ $most$ $likely$. $But$ $from$ $there$, $absent$ $a$ $way$ $to$ $use$ $more$ $powerful$ $tools$ ($or$ $maybe$ $mount$ $file$ $system$ $to$ $my$ $linux$ $box$?) $I$ $seem$ $unable$ $to$ $find$ $the$ $file$ $you$ $modify$.
    Greetings...

Anyone have a thought on modifying the above to answer then hang up? I'll have a look at an earlier patch to figure it out, I suppose, but was feeling a bit lazy. This has been one of those things which has been bugging me. I should actually package up a patch for this, I guess, with great thanks to Herrie and pertain.

I don't know where I'd be without this Pre3 (second one). Prior to this, I used a PrePlus for quite some time (until the hardware died). Lots of great call block options for webOS 1.4; I wish we had options in adv phone prefs on the Pre3 for this.

Cheers
    Ugh...

I forgot that Advanced System Prefs Phone Prefs allowed for setting per-contact "hang up automatically." I've since backed out the above patch, but even setting this to hang up automatically still seems to send the incoming caller to VM and does not notify the BT device(s) that the call has been answered (it seems to ignore vs hang up).

If anyone is interested in having a look at the source in git, it may be browsed here.