Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By happyramenboy
  1.    #1  
    ;Tested only on Pixi Plus 1.4.5.1 and Touchpad;

Hi all,

Completely new to developing for WebOS and I thought a good place to start would be patching an existing app to add functionality. This way I can get a feel for how WebOS apps work without having to start from scratch.

This patch adds a skip song button to the dashboard of the App Catalog's Pandora app. It seems kind of unusual that there wasn't a skip song button there to begin with. I guess it has to do with being limited on skips anyway (for free users). Speaking of that limit, after you reach the skip limit the button will simply not work. Eventually I may look into some sort of notification that you can see, but as of now the standard "out of skips" message shows up on the main application scene. So when the button stops working, check the main application and you'll likely see a message saying you're out of skips.

I've tested it on both my Pixi Plus (WebOS 1.4.5.1) and my Touchpad, and it looks and works good on both. I can't foresee any problems on any of the Pre family, but if someone does try it and have trouble, please let me know! I don't know how easily I'll be able to fix the problem without a Pre to work with, but I'll do what I can. Also, I haven't checked compatibility with any of the other existing Pandora patches that are out there. If you find something that doesn't work, please let me know.

Depending on what type of feedback I receive, I may or may not submit it to the patches portal. Ideally, everyone will love it and everything works flawlessly and I can go ahead and submit it! If only things were that easy...

Thanks for looking!

-Matt
    Attached Files Attached Files
    pinoyrepn1124 likes this.