Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By djgardn2
  • 1 Post By djgardn2
  1.    #1  
    Currently 2.x.x Devices Attached in this Post

For 3.0.4 and 3.0.5 See Post Below or Click Here

This will automatically raise or lower you ringtone volume for the Alarm to either 75% or 95% volume.

Two Patch Versions (Attached below on forum post):

75% Volume Patch - > AutoSetVolumeSevenFive.patch

95% Volume Patch - > AutoSetVolumeMaxNineFive.patch

Note it will set and leave your alarm/ringtone volume at that level after the alarm is dismissed.

I will consider adding another patch option that would auto adjust the volume back to the level it was at if there is any interest for it to do that, I believe it should be possible.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by djgardn2; 07/24/2012 at 08:17 PM.
    If you like any of my patches or apps, donations are appreciated. PayPal Link
    All Donations go towards my college classes & I want to thank anyone that purchases my apps or considers donating to me.
    -- 12 patches & 40 save/restore scripts.
    -Apps-
    Paid:
    Days To Come, Days Gone By, Quick-Keys Keyboard, Days Till Christmas, Days Till Christmas HD, Days Till New Year, Days Till New Year HD
    Free:
    Night Light Timer, webOS Launcher
    tovivekmishra likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by djgardn2 View Post
    Currently 2.x.x Devices (Haven't tested it out on others yet)

This will automatically raise or lower you ringtone volume for the Alarm to either 75% or 95% volume.

Two Patch Versions (Attached below on forum post):

75% Volume Patch - > AutoSetVolumeSevenFive.patch

95% Volume Patch - > AutoSetVolumeMaxNineFive.patch

Note it will set and leave your alarm/ringtone volume at that level after the alarm is dismissed.

I will consider adding another patch option that would auto adjust the volume back to the level it was at if there is any interest for it to do that, I believe it should be possible.
    This is really cool - fits the bill for me - ALMOST!

I am forever having alarms going off only to find I had dropped the volume and therefore missed the alarm!

I inserted the ALMOST because on my Pre2, sitting on the charger next to my bed, 75% IS TOO LOUD.

WHAT IS THE CHANCE YOU MIGHT MAKE A 50% VERSION - which would fill the bill for me, and perhaps others..

THANKS!
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
    Please submit this for Preware Have often thought about doing this for 3.0, but never thought about it when i have actual time available to look into it
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  4.    #4  
    @silverbackdave

Thank you, Attached below is the 50% patch. I'm hoping you are familiar with manually loading patches.

Let me know if you would prefer another percentage instead, it is not to hard to change it at all.

@eblade

This Patch wont work on the TouchPad currently ( I believe it uses a different sound option to play from for the alarm). I tested it out a while ago a little after when the patch first was made.

I will put that on my to do list during my two week summer-fall break. Your welcome to look into it yourself if you would like.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    All Donations go towards my college classes & I want to thank anyone that purchases my apps or considers donating to me.
    -Apps-
    Paid:
    Days To Come, Days Gone By, Quick-Keys Keyboard, Days Till Christmas, Days Till Christmas HD, Days Till New Year, Days Till New Year HD
    Free:
    @silverbackdave

Thank you, Attached below is the 50% patch. I'm hoping you are familiar with manually loading patches.

Let me know if you would prefer another percentage instead, it is not to hard to change it at all.
    Well, I thought I did .. based on what I have done testing patches on the TP - but ...

I clicked the email link, got the email, clicked on the patch file, InternalZ started up, loaded the file and "offered" to install. Pressing the Instal Patch button resulted in an immediate failure notice: "AUSMT missing .... and required".

I checked that the file was 608 bytes (correct) and also sized like the other two - so am not sure what I should be doing.

I can wait until this appears in Preware (where I found the other 2 patches, or .......

?????????????????????
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    Well, I thought I did .. based on what I have done testing patches on the TP - but ...

I clicked the email link, got the email, clicked on the patch file, InternalZ started up, loaded the file and "offered" to install. Pressing the Instal Patch button resulted in an immediate failure notice: "AUSMT missing .... and required".

I checked that the file was 608 bytes (correct) and also sized like the other two - so am not sure what I should be doing.

I can wait until this appears in Preware (where I found the other 2 patches, or .......

?????????????????????
    Just pooped over to Preware and looked at the size of the 2 other patches - at 10K it is obvious there is a lot added when patches are "Preware-ed".
    Dave
  7.    #7  
    @ silverbackdave

I will most likely submit the patch to Preware sometime this weekend.

OR

You can try using WebOS Quick Install and your computer to install that patch and that should work to install the patch. Download patch to computer and then install.

Let me know if you have any luck or let me know if you aren't familiar installing a patch with WebOS Quick Install. I can guide you through it if you would like.

It would be nice for you to test the patch first so I can tell if it's a good volume for you or if it should be higher before submitting to Preware. I woke up with the patch this morning and for me it was just a little too quite but I'm sure different ringtones vary in loudness.
    @ silverbackdave

I will most likely submit the patch to Preware sometime this weekend.

OR

You can try using WebOS Quick Install and your computer to install that patch and that should work to install the patch. Download patch to computer and then install.

Let me know if you have any luck or let me know if you aren't familiar installing a patch with WebOS Quick Install. I can guide you through it if you would like.

It would be nice for you to test the patch first so I can tell if it's a good volume for you or if it should be higher before submitting to Preware. I woke up with the patch this morning and for me it was just a little too quite but I'm sure different ringtones vary in loudness.
    Thanks! I'll wait until it pops up in Preware - I am away from home and have not set up my netbook to handle QI - that is on my big machine at home.

And, I tested my alarm sounds at 50, 60, 70 percent bt presetting volume and 50% is dead on for me!!
    Dave
  9.    #9  
    @eblade

I put code together for the patch to work on the TouchPad, I will package and post the patch tomorrow in this forum.

In the next day or so I will submit the patch to Preware for the TouchPad.

@silverbackdave

The 50 % volume patch is now available for download in Preware, if you haven't seen it already for 2.x.x devices.
    -Apps-
    Paid:
    Free:
    WknThDg likes this.
    Works like a charm! Thanks! A little for your education fund is on the way!
    Dave
  11.    #11  
    Now supported for the TouchPad running 3.0.4-3.0.5 webOS versions.

(I will update to be support on 3.0.2 in the next week or so)

Patches Attached Below:

50% Auto Set Volume
    75% Auto Set Volume
    95% Auto Set Volume

I will submit the patches to Preware in the next few days.
    -Apps-
    Paid:
    Free: