Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By djgardn2
  1.    #1  
    Hi folks,

anybody tried this? I am looking for it on a 2.2.4 Veer and emulator. All threads about it are a from 2010.

I have to problems:
    - Find the location where the alarm actually is played.
    - how to adjust the volume to max

My first idea about the location is: (checking right now)
    AppAssistant.prototype.handleLaunch = function(params) {

if(params){
    switch (params.action) {
    case "ring":
    Mojo.Log.error("Hier wird der Alarm gespielt")
    this.ring(params);
    return;

I hope a "simple mojo.however.you.are.called.ringerVolumeSet()=99" would do this job just before the line this.ring. As it is a com.palm app, I see no problems in accessing this setting. There are a few apps adjusting sound volume with the purpose of broken volume level buttons. So the second question shouldn't bee that difficult.

For the problem, with locating the function playing the alarm, I inserted this mojo error log in German. So I know it is my comment and can grep it easily.

thanks in advance

fast update: seems to be the correct position:
    2012-05-14T08:51:00.991921Z [633] qemux86 user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.clock: Error: Wir spielen den Alarm, palmInitFramework383:2569

ofc I will supply this patch, if it ever works
    I will wrap up the code and put it into a patch later today.

I thought this was a good idea and I have read many forum post about people missing their alarms so thought this patch would be very useful for people to have.

I have already tested it out and I seem to have it working correctly. I will post here later when patch is finalized.
    If you like any of my patches or apps, donations are appreciated. PayPal Link
    All Donations go towards my college classes & I want to thank anyone that purchases my apps or considers donating to me.
    -- 12 patches & 40 save/restore scripts.
    -Apps-
    Paid:
    Days To Come, Days Gone By, Quick-Keys Keyboard, Days Till Christmas, Days Till Christmas HD, Days Till New Year, Days Till New Year HD
    Free:
    Night Light Timer, webOS Launcher
    sledge007 likes this.
    The lack of app-based volume control is what has kept me from working on a major alarm clock replacement. I suppose I could supply a Preware patch that adds that feature to a replacement app, though...
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by djgardn2 View Post
    I will wrap up the code and put it into a patch later today.

I thought this was a good idea and I have read many forum post about people missing their alarms so thought this patch would be very useful for people to have.

I have already tested it out and I seem to have it working correctly. I will post here later when patch is finalized.
    Can you tell me in advance, the command to raise the ringer volume? I also do this for educational purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    The lack of app-based volume control is what has kept me from working on a major alarm clock replacement. I suppose I could supply a Preware patch that adds that feature to a replacement app, though...
    I am new to WebOS programming, but as far as I read, any ap starting with com.palm does not have these limitations. That's why you want to replace it? Correct? For me in person, I am fine with the standard alarm app, just the volume thing.
    The Patch is now available in two version 75% volume or 95% volume.

Found Here : [Patch] Auto Set Alarm Clock Volume

@nichtwirklich

you can open the patch using a notepad on your computer and can see fairly easily what the change was if you would like.
    If you like any of my patches or apps, donations are appreciated. PayPal Link
    All Donations go towards my college classes & I want to thank anyone that purchases my apps or considers donating to me.
    -- 12 patches & 40 save/restore scripts.
    -Apps-
    Paid:
    Days To Come, Days Gone By, Quick-Keys Keyboard, Days Till Christmas, Days Till Christmas HD, Days Till New Year, Days Till New Year HD
    Free:
    Night Light Timer, webOS Launcher