1.    #1  
    There used to be a patch in Preware for my Pre3 for this when I was on 2.2.0. I'm guessing it never got updated?
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    There used to be a patch in Preware for my Pre3 for this when I was on 2.2.0. I'm guessing it never got updated?
    Try the one attached. You can email it to yourself, tap on the link, and with Intenalz Pro installed, you can install it. Or downoad the patch and install with WOSQI.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by johncc; 04/25/2012 at 08:52 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks johncc, I'll give it a try. Is it easy to remove using this method, just in case HP decide to release a 2.2.5 update?

UPDATE: the patch failed to install, telling me "AUSMT is missing" :-(

UPDATE UPDATE: Turns out I didn't have the latest WOSQI! Updated and installed perfectly - many thanks.
    Last edited by checkmate; 04/26/2012 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Update
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
  4.    #4  
    Hey Johncc, after looking over patch file in Notepad++ I figured it shouldn't be too difficult to write some patches of my own using my knowledge of CSS. Are there any handy tips for this or possible stumbling blocks to look out for?

I have a few files on my Pre3 that I've edited previously (changing the order of ALT symbols, emoticons etc.) and I was hoping to make patches for personal use that I can apply after any updates or doctoring, to save having to manually change these in future.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Is there a way to decrease the balloons also?
    It is probably my fault that none of my patches have been update -__- and yess well its simple because ur only changing the font size other stuff gets harder. And to answer the other question yess u can decrease the balloon size
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    Hey Johncc, after looking over patch file in Notepad++ I figured it shouldn't be too difficult to write some patches of my own using my knowledge of CSS. Are there any handy tips for this or possible stumbling blocks to look out for?

I have a few files on my Pre3 that I've edited previously (changing the order of ALT symbols, emoticons etc.) and I was hoping to make patches for personal use that I can apply after any updates or doctoring, to save having to manually change these in future.
    Have a look at Jason Robitaille's Unified Diff Creator. It will produce your patch from the original and modified files.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Have a look at Jason Robitaille's Unified Diff Creator. It will produce your patch from the original and modified files.
    Haha, all this time I didn't realise Jason had made another legendary WebOS tool for exactly my needs!
    HP Pre 3 (UK)